• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

XAL

Yeah, another guy chiming in to recommend watching the Vine footage. Looks fantastic and entirely spoiler-free. Just short gameplay clips, making sure to avoid all story spoilers.

Just be careful, there is one out there that spoils info on the prologue of the game.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I only have positive things to say after seeing most of the Vine footage.

Not long now gentlemen.

Yeah me too. It looks fucking beautiful. Perfect spoiler level for me - just enough to prove to my brain that it exists and is real, not enough to ruin anything.

Yeah, another guy chiming in to recommend watching the Vine footage. Looks fantastic and entirely spoiler-free footage. Just short gameplay clips, making sure to avoid all story spoilers.

can you link some? I don't wanna go looking and run into spoilers. Strictly gameplay would be awesome.

can you link some? I don't wanna go looking and run into spoilers. Strictly gameplay would be awesome.

lol, no offense, but hell no. not risking bish on my ass.

The only spoilers in the spoiler thread at the moment are the vine clips, it's pretty safe over there for now.

Spoiler thread made me preorder the game

Me as well. My doubts have been mostly alleviated as far as single player goes. Looks like it'll be a great time.

LNBL

Must...Resist....
65691.gif

For those who preordered the game on PS Store - did you get GTA V PS3 theme?

And, for those who dared to visit the spoiler thread - any info on PS3 performance?

Must...Resist....

there's nothing in the spoiler thread but the gameplay only vine clips. It's safe to pop over there for now. no story spoilers except a two second clip of the first mission.

For those who preordered the game on PS Store - did you get GTA V PS3 theme?

And, for those who dared to visit the spoiler thread - any info on PS3 performance?

edit: don't want to spoil the framerate for those who are anticipating its exciting reveal

Zep

Banned
there's nothing in the spoiler thread but the gameplay only vine clips. It's safe to pop over there for now. no story spoilers except a two second clip of the first mission.

That's spoiler enough for me. Please keep this thread a safe haven until Midnight Monday.

kudoboi

at least they made a sesperate thread for spoilers. But i don't expect to be not spoiled while waiting for the PC port. all my friends are gonna play it and i bet they are all gonna tell me the ending

wizzbang

Banned
Car damage looks disappointing. That is literally my only gripe, and a minor one at that.

I feel like this shit is spoilerish in itself.
Now *I'M* going to play and wonder if the car damage is shit.

If you wanna talk about ANYTHING LEAKED then fuck off to the leak thread. This should be the speculation thread.

If you wanna talk about ANYTHING LEAKED then fuck off to the leak thread. This should be the speculation thread.

So your saying you can't form an opinion for yourself? He said nothing spoilerish, relax.

KAP151

For the love of all things GTA, STOP TALKING ABOUT THE SPOILERS IN THE NON SPOILER THREAD!

I dont care how small of insignificant they may seem to you.

Thats why Bish okay'd the friggin thread in the first place.

you can't decide for yourself if it's bad or not?

For the love of all things GTA, STOP TALKING ABOUT THE SPOILERS IN THE NON SPOILER THREAD!

I dont care how small of insignificant they may seem to you.

Thats why Bish okay'd the friggin thread in the first place.

Look, I know you want your experience to be untarnished, but I don't think discussing the framerate is spoilers.

Sickbean

Must be some sort of deals going on between R* and Sony - every single billboard of the game I've seen round Manchester only have a PS3 logo on em'

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Must be some sort of deals going on between R* and Sony - every single billboard of the game I've seen round Manchester only have a PS3 logo on em'

I saw a tv ad in the uk that ended with "out september 17th for playstation 3" or something similar. No mention of Xbox at all.

I can't imagine that was cheap.

Not talking about the spoilers but from what I have seen the PS3 and 360 versions are identical. Saw some driving footage and there were no framerate problems or 1 second freezes because the game could not load fast enough.

But that is that. I am staying away from the spoiler thread from now on.

J4g3r

Just booked Tuesday and Wednesday off work.

Also called the Tesco which is 5 minutes away from me and yes, they are doing a midnight launch! (It will be dead there!)

BRING ON TUESDAY MIDNIGHT!

0DMYRxn.gif

wizzbang

Banned
you can't decide for yourself if it's bad or not?

Look, I know you want your experience to be untarnished, but I don't think discussing the framerate is spoilers.

Discussing ANYTHING from the leak is spoilers, even if there's a fucking spelling mistake in the disclaimer text before playing.
We do NOT want to hear about it, read the goddamn OP title.

Macro.

Banned

You have got to be kidding me?

How about you take a good step back and get a firm grasp on reality mate. Pathetic.

wizzbang

Banned
You have got to be kidding me?

How about you take a good step back and get a firm grasp on reality mate. Pathetic.

Let's see what the fucking moderators think, how about that? We've got 2 different threads here people, one for those of us who want to hear NOTHING and one for those happy to discuss it.

If you can't grasp basic english comprehension, the mods will take care of it for you.

Discussing ANYTHING from the leak is spoilers, even if there's a fucking spelling mistake in the disclaimer text before playing.
We do NOT want to hear about it, read the goddamn OP title.

I cannot even conceive of a situation in which hearing about a (possibly?!) solid framerate could negatively impact your experience. I guess if you want to experience the wonder of discovering the framerate for yourself I will go back and edit that info out of my posts.

edit: had to make sure I didn't ruin the framerate for anyone by being too clear.

Let's see what the fucking moderators think, how about that? We've got 2 different threads here people, one for those of us who want to hear NOTHING and one for those happy to discuss it.

If you can't grasp basic english comprehension, the mods will take care of it for you.

Chill out, dude. Cursing and using caps lock is not the way to handle these kind of people.

I cannot even conceive of a situation in which hearing about a solid framerate could negatively impact your experience. I guess if you want to experience the wonder of discovering the framerate for yourself I will go back and edit that info out of my posts.

If that is considered spoilerish on his end I am going to laugh so hard.

Macro.

Banned

For sure mate.

If you've played a GTA game before, you've seen the damage model. I commented and said I was a little disappointing in it. Not a reflection on the game, more of a reflection on my own expectations.

We've had plenty of people in this thread giving spoiler free reactions to what they have seen in the other thread.

I think you may be getting a little uptight is all.

Chill out, dude. Cursing and using caps lock is not the way to handle these kind of people.

These type of people? I did not mean to upset anybody. Maybe I worded my initial post wrong.

wizzbang

Banned
I cannot even conceive of a situation in which hearing about a solid framerate could negatively impact your experience. I guess if you want to experience the wonder of discovering the framerate for yourself I will go back and edit that info out of my posts.

If you're discussing *ANYTHING* from a leaked copy of the game, you're taking something away from peoples first time playing experience. Why not err on the safe side and keep discussions regarding that, to the thread specifically targeted to that? It's really not difficult.

I may not be moderating this thread but I've come to see this as the "anticipation, holy shit!" and speculation thread, personally.

Angst

+1

Keep the discussions about the leaks in the leaks thread. How hard can it be?

If you're discussing *ANYTHING* from a leaked copy of the game, you're taking something away from peoples first time playing experience. Why not err on the safe side and keep discussions regarding that, to the thread specifically targeted to that? It's really not difficult.

I may not be moderating this thread but I've come to see this as the "anticipation, holy shit!" and speculation thread, personally.

Even framerate? You are mad because we took away your experience of feeling the framerate on your own, instead of us telling people here that both versions are identical so they do not need to switch versions.

What the?...

KAP151

okay, everyone chill.

again, it doesnt matter what you percieve as a spoiler, if it isnt official, take it to the other thread

pretty simple and no one gets pissed off/banned.

Seanspeed

Banned

Over a framerate impression?

You've got to be kidding me.

wizzbang

Banned
I tell you why I'm pissed, it's only Thursday evening :( I have so much junk food in my house I'm not allowed to open till midnight Tuesday :(

What I'm really worried about is midnight launch and I'm going to have to use headphones on the opening night, because I don't' want to piss off the neighbors. I kind of wish it would break street date Monday afternoon, I think I could handle that :D Play it after work, not sit around until I'm tired, pick it up at midnight and then not be able to scream FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH when it first boots.

I'm so giddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom