• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

tookhster

Why are you guys cautioning that there are spoilers in the spoiler thread?

It's a spoiler thread. Also, no story elements have been spoiled thus far.

Some people here said it was okay to go because it didnt spoil anything big(which was true in a sense), but now that the guide's been leaked, anything can happen.

I got satisfied with the crappy vines and I'm staying spoiler free till my CE comes home.

Some people here said it was okay to go because it didnt spoil anything big(which was true in a sense), but now that the guide's been leaked, anything can happen.

I got satisfied with the crappy vines and I'm staying spoiler free till my CE comes home.
+1
Short Vine clips are cool, I don't even mind finally reading about the wanted levels (!!!!!!!!!!!), but random events and mission titles are too much

Ghost23

Why are you guys cautioning that there are spoilers in the spoiler thread?

It's a spoiler thread. Also, no story elements have been spoiled thus far.

It's a leaked video and picture thread, not a spoiler thread. I just want to see some gameplay. What I don't want to see is every car in the game.

Bricky

DetectiveGAF to the rescue!

analysis.php
analysis.php

Fotoforensics.com shows if an image if photoshopped or not. Short explanation; high contrast = possibly edited area. From this photo you can see the price tags may have very well been photoshopped on, but the copy of GTA V there is certainly real(y there but it might just be the box).

I'm gonna guess that;
a) This is real and the game is already on sale
or
b) This is fake and there is a box for GTA V there but the price might be edited in to make it seem like its on sale while it may just be a pre-order boxart thingy.

Option a) is the most likely if you ask me though, because there is no reason to put a pre-order game in a case next to other games already on sale otherwise. Spain-GAF, you guys are lucky.

DetectiveGAF to the rescue!

Fotoforensics.com shows if an image if photoshopped or not. Short explanation; high contrast = possibly edited area. From this photo you can see the price tags may have very well been photoshopped on, but the copy of GTA V there is certainly real(y there but it might just be the box). I assume that;

a) This is real and the game is already on sale
or
b) This is fake and there is a box for GTA V there but the price might be edited in to make it seem like its on sale while it may just be a pre-order boxart thingy.

Option a) is the most likely if you ask me though, because there is no reason to put a pre-order game in a case next to other games already on sale otherwise. Spain-GAF, you guys are lucky.

If GTA V is for preorder there is no need for security case.

Bricky

If GTA V is for preorder there is no need for security case.

Like I said, "there is no reason to put a pre-order game in a" (security) "case next to other games already on sale". ;)

E: Hmm, the 'GTA V' and '59,90' certainly seem edited though. There could've easily been another game's name on that price-tag, and there is no other reason to photoshop something like this than it being a fake.
EE: And why doesn't Splinter Cell have a price-tag? And why does the Payday 2 price tag also seem photoshopped? The longer I look at the photo the weirder it seems.

Teknoman

Please PLEASE tell me that lock on has been removed in favor of the new aiming system.

I'm getting the game regardless, but it always ticked me off that GTA games never really had good shooting mechanics until now.

Pennybags

Please PLEASE tell me that lock on has been removed in favor of the new aiming system.

I'm getting the game regardless, but it always ticked me off that GTA games never really had good shooting mechanics until now.

The locking is more like Red Dead Redemption. It kinda snaps to a target but once you move the crosshair, it is freeaim.

Raven77

I have tried to avoid info on this game but am buckling under all these leaks. I was wondering if you guys could answer some questions I have:

1. Does this game use the Euphoria engine? Knocking people down stairs in GTA 4 was never ending fun.

If it does, it it enhanced? Any word on how it has been enhanced?

2. I heard a rumor about seasons being in the game a while back. Is that confirmed? If its a spoiler, just ignore the question.

3. Any early word on if PS3/360 has any advantages over one another? I'm torn between which system to get it on.

Thanks.

New Polygon Interview up with Houser- insight into switching characters and the inspiration behind it.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/12/4719854/grand-theft-auto-5-metaphysics-and-the-power-of-three

This sounds absolutely great. Does anybody know if the transition from character to character is like in the trailers ? Has that been confirmed anywhere or is it most likely going to be that way ?

"It was sort of a non-narrative storytelling technique that you could only use in games," he said. "It was obviously cinematic in tone but was a unique to games feature. You find what they're doing and then you carry on with what they're doing or take them off where you want to take them. It felt really magical when you see them all living their lives like this and it gave a lot of opportunities for fun."

hypeeeeeeeeee

I have tried to avoid info on this game but am buckling under all these leaks. I was wondering if you guys could answer some questions I have:

1. Does this came use the Euphoria engine? Knocking people down stairs in GTA 4 was never ending fun.

2. I heard a rumor about seasons being in the game a while back. Is that confirmed? If its a spoiler, just ignore the question.

3. Any early word on if PS3/360 has any advantages over one another? I'm torn between which system to get it on.

Thanks.

1. Euphoria is a feature of the RAGE engine, it's in all of their games.
2. -----
3. There have been countless people saying that there will be no difference. That's all we've got for now

Surprisingly glad that I'm in training all day today. And have a super busy weekend. Monday and Tuesday will be hard days at work. Going to try to load myself up with work to prevent myself from reading anything.

Zukuu

Banned
I think I'm the unspoilest person here. Apart from the very first reveal trailer and the map, I've seen nothing!

Praise my dedication. PRAISE IT. Ò__Ó

Bricky

1. Does this came use the Euphoria engine? Knocking people down stairs in GTA 4 was never ending fun.

All modern R* games use it, so yes GTA V uses it too. No official word, but going by current leaks (as to how likely it is, not really a spoiler but just in case);
doesn't seem enhanched

Not confirmed. Going by current leaks (as to how likely it is, not really a spoiler but just in case);
not likely

Thanks.

Well, people in this topic are even paranoid about FPS-discussions, but both versions seem to be running fine (no differences) both confirmed by R* and everything that has been leaked by now. Get it on your platform of choice (or wait for a more detailed analysis when the game releases, there's always SOMETHING different).

Theecliff

Banned
Every time someone mentions the spoiler thread or I see it on the front page I get *this* much closer to peeping in...

I MUST RESIST GOD DAMMIT

must-resist-o.gif

Gaz_RB

I just can't believe they pulled it off. So many naysayers that said it wouldn't run smoothly while still looking amazing... I'm kinda sad the game has leaked, but it's good to know that the game is technically sound. That's literally the only thing I was worried about, and now I don't have to be.

Edit: did anyone change their metacritic predictions after seeing the leaks? No spoilers of course

dreamfall

Resisting! Completely & entirely!

Actually doing alright- we just need the damn game!

I love our safe haven. I figure this is a game we'll play for the next couple of years easily, there's no rush to look up anything but official info. Life Invader is awesome too!

waypoetic

Banned
How many of you PS3-gaffers (in the SC club) wants to do actual group activities, and not just fuck around and shoot shit and crash in to each other?

andylsun

How many of you PS3-gaffers (in the SC club) wants to do actual group activities, and not just fuck around and shoot shit and crash in to each other?

Yep, would love to do group online activities - just depends if it fits in with my ever shrinking about of time I have for gaming.

bidguy

Banned
damn andrew.
knew he was gone when i saw that gif

ontopic : i heard back from amazon and they want to give me a gift card if its not here by september 17. they can give me that card right now since i know it wont arrive on time if they insist on that damn 16th shipping date.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

*raises hand* I find actually having a mission much more fun than just randomly blowing shit up.

Euphoria is middleware, it has nothing to do with the RAGE engine.

Middleware used with their engine. Sorry for not being as clear.

"Rockstar has integrated a few third party middleware components into RAGE like the proprietary Euphoria[2] character animation engine and the open source Bullet[3] physics engine."

MMaRsu

I just can't believe they pulled it off. So many naysayers that said it wouldn't run smoothly while still looking amazing... I'm kinda sad the game has leaked, but it's good to know that the game is technically sound. That's literally the only thing I was worried about, and now I don't have to be.

Edit: did anyone change their metacritic predictions after seeing the leaks? No spoilers of course

The game hasn't leaked!

canedaddy

I think I'm the unspoilest person here. Apart from the very first reveal trailer and the map, I've seen nothing!

Praise my dedication. PRAISE IT. Ò__Ó
I haven't even seen the map. Hell, up until this moment I haven't even looked at this thread. ("SPOILER-FREE" drew me in.) For the record GTA is my favorite series and my excitement level for this game is infinity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom