• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

shield

Have you listened to it? Impressions? I trust the fact the link was posted here means no real spoilaz?

I listened to it live the other day, Lazlow doesn't really go into detail about anything or tell us anything we didn't already know. He spends most of his time on there as a guest giving his opinion on the various tracks they play, seeing how it is the 'review show' after all.

Edit: and yeah, no spoilers.

The last GTA game I played on console was GTA 3, I've played all the later ones on PC. Will I need to plug my PS3 or 360 online to sign in at Rockstar's social club like I did for the PC version of GTA IV?

Simo

Already did, just curious as to why that happened.

I went through and booted those at the bottom of the leader boards and those who had set their active crew to anything but NeoGANG. If you fell in either of those you got kicked, if not then it could of been a honest mistake...Social Club responses is archaic at times. =/

Confirmed that they wouldn't :/

crying-cat.gif

dreamfall

Phew! Got caught in the pouring rain, but saw Franklin guarding 42nd & 8th above the Duane Reade. Shitty rainy phone pic when I get off this damn train!

Almost time for home, so much anticipation !

If I understand these words. Yes you will
Dang. But popping in the GTA V disk will just connect to Rockstar's Social Club right? It's not like I'll need Live if I go for the 360 version?

Fake edit: Just realized I'll probably need Live to play the 360 version online. PS3 version it is then.

smr00

Banned
Asked pages and pages and pages ago but no response but i will one last time.

Has anyone talked to their local EB/GS about the midnight launch? Interested in finding out if the cop/robber theme party is a GS/EB wide thing or if it's a ridiculous thing the store manager here is doing. If they are, are you just showing up like you normally would or are you going to partake in the party.

Con_Smith

Banned

Has anyone talked to their local EB/GS about the midnight launch? Interested in finding out if the cop/robber theme party is a GS/EB wide thing or if it's a ridiculous thing the store manager here is doing. If they are, are you just showing up like you normally would or are you going to partake in the party.

Not at my gamestop, though I think the ones in the city are doing something so I'm not sure.

Updated the OP:

GTAV-Wagszilla-updates.png

• 09/11/13 - No Spoilers graphic
  • 09/12/13 - Exclusive Chop artwork
  • 09/12/13 - Download PDF + Mobile Version PDF
  • 09/12/13 - Removed Lamar graphics, repurposed as Updates section
  • 09/12/13 - Formatted note from Bish
  • 09/12/13 - Special Thanks section

I need to figure out the Mobile PDF. It's much smaller file-size (by 100MB lol) but the colors are fucked up on iOS.

Simo

Most likely just a party your GS manager is throwing.

GameStop does now have a list of stores doing midnight releases:
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/gta-v/default.aspx

KAP151

Definitely not happening at my local EB or any other I know about.

Gaz_RB

Phew! Got caught in the pouring rain, but saw Franklin guarding 42nd & 8th above the Duane Reade. Shitty rainy phone pic when I get off this damn train!

Almost time for home, so much anticipation !

I'm looking forward to it, man! We're so close!!

My GS is having a drawing, but I live in a small town in Montana so nothing major. I think each one might be different.

Zukuu

Banned
Huh? I thought Kavinsky had a few tracks for one of the radio station. At least I think I've read something about that somewhere.

UrbanRats

PRE ORDER CANCELED
not really, but I'm sad. was looking forward to it.

Me too, not much for Kavinsky himself, but other neo80s music.
However since i'm getting it on 360, i'll pop in an USB stick and i'll listen to whatever i want, eventually.

I just jumped into the GTA leak thread, and man, that shit's priceless. People freaking out, people watching streams of the installation process...one dude bought an early copy from a stranger in a back alley then scratched the disc up before he could get it to work...pure chaos!

I respect you guys for avoiding that thread, but honestly so far I haven't really had anything spoiled for me. I've just been enjoying watching people lose their shit.

Kvik

I hope Jack Thompson complains about this game again just for the hilarity of it.

Is he still relevant? I can't imagine if people are still caring about his antics.

Every man, woman, dragonborn, evil apparitions etc. are anticipating the release of GTA V. I can't remember GTA IV being this big. It's mindblowing.

Zee-Row

Banned
Kvikmyndahús;81535617 said:
Is he still relevant? I can't imagine if people are still caring about his antics.

Every man, woman, dragonborn, evil apparitions etc. are anticipating the release of GTA V. I can't remember GTA IV being this big. It's mindblowing.

I don't think he will be the media goto guy on video game violence since he lost his license to practice law. It just seems so empty not having him around for the launch of a GTA game.

Beaner

My Amazon Canada order says it won't arrive till September 23rd, so I'm going to go to the Walmart midnight opening and pick up a copy there, and sell it to a friend after. Apparently walmart has keychains at midnight.

Zukuu

Banned
Me too, not much for Kavinsky himself, but other neo80s music.
However since i'm getting it on 360, i'll pop in an USB stick and i'll listen to whatever i want, eventually.

Didn't do that since GTA III. Last title I played on PC. Listening to Wu-Tang Clan while cruising in my Diablo. Good memories. GTA III is by far my favorite of the series and the Diablo by far my favorite car as well.

Am I the only one who (almost) always get's his favorite car and tunes it to max (if avaialbe like in GTA II), before starting a mission? Also, ofc getting a new armor, filling up ammunition before starting a mission. Always like a professional.

GTA:
Penetrator (second variant)
Penetrator-GTA1-SanAndreas%26ViceCity.png

GTA II:
Miara
Miara-GTA2.png

GTA III:
Diablo

GTA IV:
Sultan RS
Pretty easy to get it, since there was ALWAYS one hidden in a bush next to a house in the very north.

Gaz_RB

I just hope the ridiculous hype and anticipation doesn't harm people's opinion of the game once they finally play it.

It will for some people inevitably, but that's just the way they are.

Every game gets some backlash. Some people mean it, some people just want attention and like to go against anything popular. Just have to sort through the bullshit, homie.

Kvik

Am I the only one who (almost) always get's his favorite car and tunes it to max (if avaialbe like in GTA II), before starting a mission? Also, ofc getting a new armor, filling up ammunition before starting a mission. Always like a professional.

I do this too:

• Suit up with the Slate suit from Perseus
  • Look for a Turismo, and Pay 'n Spray it 'till its Red.
  • Call Jacob and max out the Carbine ammo
  • Go to a gun shop and max out RPG ammo
  • Chaos ensues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom