• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
Definitely but it is not only the size that is wonderful but the sheer amount of detail packed into it as well. Nothing ever looks the same and around each corner there is something else to find.

Yeah, I can tell from the few shots I've seen. The lighting and the details are amazing. Obviously I need to play it myself, but considering its open-world, it might be the best looking game on current consoles.

My GameStop does this

1) verify you're picking up the game
2) mark your receipt and then you get in line
3) people at midnight are allowed to come in and trade their receipt for the game.

I'm never in line (even at the end) for more than 10 minutes.

Doesn't sound too bad. Best buy lets us buy and keep the game before midnight but won't let us out the door until 12:01.

If I pre order on PSN and preload the game what time does it unlock on Tuesday? Is it midnight in your time zone or 12am pst for everyone. Because I'm in Aus, I don't want to wait until Tuesday arvo to play.

UrbanRats

Fuu.
actual_1379034702.jpg

I hope Michael has that jacket in the game!

TheDanger

Banned
With the link I posted you can directly do a save as, I had to do it because it's stuttering like crazy if I play it in my browser. I'm using Nightly though so that might be the cause.

bob page

Local distributor in NYC said they're holding copies for release to stores until Monday.

Looks like it's not gonna happen early, at least here.

If someone can let me know and provide a link if available, I'd appreciate it

Here it is on UK PS Store, still available for preordering. Also, it's 50GBP, but you can get 2x25 PSN cards for 45 with a coupon on Game. Tho, if you're looking for US PS Store preorder, I'm not sure where you can get cheaper codes.

Edit: that is, if you're looking for PSN preorder, I checked your last couple of posts and quotes, but if I'm wrong, nevermind this post.
Edit edit: great OT by the way!

nikos

Local distributor in NYC said they're holding copies for release to stores until Monday.

Looks like it's not gonna happen early, at least here.

SHATTERED DREAMS

EDIT: Someone on craigslist claimed to have some last night, saying he worked at Best Buy. Not sure if true, but which stores does this distributor distribute to?

Here it is on UK PS Store, still available for preordering. Also, it's 50GBP, but you can get 2x25 PSN cards for 45 with a coupon on Game. Tho, if you're looking for US PS Store preorder, I'm not sure where you can get cheaper codes.

Edit: that is, if you're looking for PSN preorder, I checked your last couple of posts and quotes, but if I'm wrong, nevermind this post.
Edit edit: great OT by the way!

ShopTo has £25 PSN cards for £20.86 too, was considering a digital preorder myself because of it.

cdkee

Banned
Anyone know anywhere in San Francisco that is selling early? If so, PM me.
Probably not, but doesn't hurt to ask.

There was some guy selling them in the east bay. I was extremely close to going but then I figured they were stolen copies so I decided against it.

What's the consensus on "the platform to get this on"?

Have both versions pre ordered for $48 right now. Just need to choose on one before they ship.

UnrealEck

What's the consensus on "the platform to get this on"?
I bought it on PS3 but if I had an Xbox360 controller I'd probably have bought it for that. I just think that most of the multiplats seem to be a bit better performing and even occasionally higher resolution on Xbox.

I have a feeling GTAV on both platforms won't have much to seperate it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom