• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamfall

My Franklin is going to be a bearded 70's disco king! GANGSTA SHIT.

I love the facial hair differences in that picture- my crew is BEARDGANG for life.

From GTA V's official Social Club site- THOSE HAIRCUTS.

I LOVE THEM ALL! LOOK AT THAT BEARD- WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF!

haircuts.jpg

Oh my word. Max Payne has come to Los Santos.

When I get to play as Michael, I'm shaving my head bald, getting tattoo's all over my body, getting drunk, and beating up Amanda.

Lol, what?

Edit:

Next GTA game should be about a woman going all Walter White on Vice City.

ScrubJay

Anyone know if the PS3 bundle is going to be a physical or digital copy? I want the bundle to spare my 80 gig, but PSN is going to be completely hosed next week, making a download an unappetizing prospect.

Antagon

Someone needs to round up GIF's and Images that ARE NOT SPOILERS to the story, and post them, maybe not in this thread, but in another thread, labeled something like "See GTAV Nonspoiler gameplay shots"

That should help out a lot of us who want to avoid spoilers but have an itching to see real gameplay shots that arent from Rockstar PR.

The only story spoilers I've seen in the other thread are from the first mission or so. There's a few people playing that are just freeroaming, when there's a stream linked in the other thread they usually tell if the guy is playing missions or not.

So basically, the other thread is pretty safe.

Pagusas

Elden Member
The only story spoilers I've seen in the other thread are from the first mission or so. There's a few people playing that are just freeroaming, when there's a stream linked in the other thread they usually tell if the guy is playing missions or not.

So basically, the other thread is pretty safe.

To much chance of a random story spoiler in that thread sadly, thus why I think an in-between thread would be good. A place were story based spoilers are 100% outlawed, just images to show off what the game looks like.

Jhoan

From GTA V's official Social Club site- THOSE HAIRCUTS.

I LOVE THEM ALL! LOOK AT THAT BEARD- WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF!

haircuts.jpg
So that means I get to live out my dreams of playing as a psychopatic Sazh and a rich version of Max Payne. All Michael needs is some aviator sunglasses for it to be straight up Payne time all over again. I like them all. Trevor looks hilarious with that moustache which I'm loving.

Silex

From all the info from the people who played the game already, did anyone anywhere post impressions on the technical side? How the FPS is in the PS3 / X360 versions for example?

From all the info from the people who played the game already, did anyone anywhere post impressions on the technical side? How the FPS is in the PS3 / X360 versions for example?

FPS is perfectly fine. Seems to run at a pretty consistent 30fps. Slight frame dips here and there but much much better than GTA IV on consoles.

Raven77

Someone should keep a running tally of cities that have stores selling it early or something. Give people something to reference when they want to know.

Antagon

From all the spoiled stuff, did anyone anywhere post impressions on the technical side? How the FPS is in the PS3 / X360 versions for example?

Technically the game is insane.
FPS seems to be pretty smooth, there can be tons of traffic, draw distances are amazing. You can literally see for miles. And the lighting ís great as well. AI is also much improved.

No real spoiler, just to be sure.

Would also really like to know which version is the best,got both versions on pre-order but can't decide which one to purchase.

Unicorn

Someone needs to round up GIF's and Images that ARE NOT SPOILERS to the story, and post them, maybe not in this thread, but in another thread, labeled something like "See GTAV Nonspoiler gameplay shots"

That should help out a lot of us who want to avoid spoilers but have an itching to see real gameplay shots that arent from Rockstar PR.
Yes. Was just thinking that

SirNinja

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/378580440312860673 said:
For those people who have pre-ordered GTAV on European PS Store, you will be able to download the game from 3pm (GMT) on Sunday 15th Sept.

I really hope that means North America will do the same. Being up all night on the 17th trying to get an 18GB download to start is not my idea of fun.

smr00

Banned
So did anyone pre-order the big collectors edition? I tried getting the LE but they were out and they tried to convince me to get the $150 edition.

What all comes in it? A hat, money bag, blue print, steelbook and anything else? Just wondering if it's really worth the $150.

PTG

To much chance of a random story spoiler in that thread sadly, thus why I think an in-between thread would be good. A place were story based spoilers are 100% outlawed, just images to show off what the game looks like.

I agree. I think it would be great if there was another thread made that has no story spoilers. Just videos, screenshots, and gifs of free roam gameplay.

smr00

Banned
So I'm actually thinking I might just buy GTA V on the PS3 directly from the Playstation Store, completely forgoing a boxed retail copy. Anyone else plan on doing this?
I almost did but i then i realized that if PS+ auto-download didn't kick in at 3am to download it, i would be able to start downloading till 6-7am and then i have to worry about my internet throttling which happens from time to time and i have to worry about how shitty the servers are going to be because even on steam it takes me like 3-4 hours to download 20gb+ and the consistency of PS downloads for me has been either really fast or extremely slow.

Decided it's not worth it. I can just drive 5 minutes down the road to the mall, grab it, grab some food in the food court to take home and just shut out the world for the rest of the day and not worry about my internet or the downloading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom