• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the GTA website:

I'm not sure who does the voice for the Blaine Country DJ but it sounds a lot like Danny McBride.

Whoeever it is, they're awesome.

Robot Pants

We need to coordinate on stores selling this game early. To avoid getting them in trouble never post the name of the store. Just say you have information and PM it to anyone who wants it.

Zukuu

Banned
Can someone put this into the OP?
newbitmapimage4xsoi.jpg

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/378583916199682048

Silex

Technically the game is insane.
FPS seems to be pretty smooth, there can be tons of traffic, draw distances are amazing. You can literally see for miles. And the lighting ís great as well. AI is also much improved.

No real spoiler, just to be sure.

That sounds great, but on which platform?
I had IV on my Xbox, and I already pre-ordered V for the PS3.
I assume the PS3 will be worse, like all Rockstar games, but by how much? Hopefully less than RDR for example?

FPS is perfectly fine. Seems to run at a pretty consistent 30fps. Slight frame dips here and there but much much better than GTA IV on consoles.

Thanks for saying, but on what platform?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I assume the PS3 will be worse, like all Rockstar games, but by how much? Hopefully less than RDR for example?

Thanks for saying, but on what platform?
I don't think that is right for this game. I could be incorrect.

Antagon

According to people with the PS3 version it's fine. No comparisons yet though, but the framerate is supposed to be pretty smooth at least.

The game is far more impressive technically as Red Dead btw. On both platforms.

_woLf

Does anyone know if the PS3 special edition will be able to be bought in store at Best Buy, Target, etc?

I preordered it on PS3 at gamestop but apparently they put it down as Xbox 360. So now I'm fucked unless I can get a copy somewhere else. :(

F!ReW!Re

I've been in the spoiler thread all day and have seen nothing but astounding looking freeroam GIFs; zero story spoilers. Until now. Time to back away...

That's because everyone has shown some common sense and spoiler tagged any missions/heist/story/secrets related spoilers.
Now some ******* woke up or returned from work and start posting shit straight away without spoiler tagging anything, and then having other people claiming; "it says spoiler in the thread title, so anything goes. Deal with it"

Sigh.... I should probably leave that thread as well.

oxidax

So US does get a 21 hour preload. Good. That means I will be buying this on PSN. I am in no rush to play and I really would prefer having digital only for this game.

Do we still get the blimp? and also, why do u prefer digital? not a really important question but im just debating between physical or dgtl

I hope you are saying that base on playing both versions and not just because R* featured the PS3 versions in their trailers, that means jack shit.

Judging by streams in the spoiler thread. The performance is identical, and by the looks of everything so is the image quality. This is definitely not going to be another RDR where the framerate jumps under the 20's on the PS3 version.

That's because everyone has shown some common sense and spoiler tagged any missions/heist/story/secrets related spoilers.
Now some ******* woke up or returned from work and start posting shit straight away without spoiler tagging anything, saying "it says spoiler in the thread title, so anything goes. Deal with it"

Sigh.... I should probably leave that thread as well.

Yeah... Everyone should be super careful regardless of the thread. There's no harm in putting something behind a spoiler tag and anything that is plot relevant or could be considered a surprise should be dealt with with a bit of common sense.

PTG

Do we still get the blimp? and also, why do u prefer digital? not a really important question but im just debating between physical or dgtl

Yup. I just preordered on PSN and there was a message saying that the blimp is included in the preorder.

Silex

Judging by streams in the spoiler thread. The performance is identical, and by the looks of everything so is the image quality. This is definitely not going to be another RDR where the framerate jumps under the 20's on the PS3 version.

Stream isn't enough to fully appreciate the IQ ofc, but it the FPS doesn't drop too often it sounds like I don't need to cancel my pre-order...
I just wanted to play online for free, GTA Online looked too amazing to pass up.
Thanks for posting the info from the dark side of the discussions. :p

Zukuu

Banned

I'm going digital for this because:
a) it's cheaper. Paying 52€ for the US version instead of 59.99€ for the EU version.
b) I can play it at midnight (obsolete, if you can get an early copy otherwise)
c) I share the cost with a friend, so it's 26€ for me. You can dl any game onto 2 PS3.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm unloading most of my physical copies of games in anticipation of next gen.

I will probably only be playing this in the next few months so having it on the HD and ready to go without needing a disc sounds good to me. Also it would be great if this got the next gen treatment and you could just pay an upgrade fee if you already purchased on PSN. I know that is a pipe dream but it would be pretty cool.

Tourmeta

The PSN preorder has an option to set it to automatically download the preload. How does that work exactly,will it activate the ps3 and download from standby?

Robot Pants

Stream isn't enough to fully appreciate the IQ ofc, but it the FPS doesn't dip to often it sounds like I don't need to cancel my pre-order...
I just wanted to play online for free, GTA Online looked too amazing to pass up.
The manual install is probably helping both versions look identical. It was a good choice.

Stream isn't enough to fully appreciate the IQ ofc, but it the FPS doesn't dip to often it sounds like I don't need to cancel my pre-order...

There's this Dutch guy who is supposed to put up some impressions and performance info in this thread about the PS3 version because he got it early. I hope he still does it in an hour or two.

Alienous

That order has been dispatched.

First retailer I'm aware that has shipped. In the UK, anyways.

Didn't I hear something about it being dispatched with strict instructions to hold it at the relevant sorting office, until the day before release?

Bricky

Man this whole thing is crazy!

Hiding in a thread away from the rest of the Internet.

Is it Tuesday yet?

Day #4: Official supplies running out, many have already been lost to the spoilers outside. Only a few minutes ago we heard a big explosion, followed by screams of pain which made even the strongest of us tremble. A few survivors made it back, barely alive, warning us to not even take a peak at the horrors going on. Rumor goes some of us might be able to get evacuated on the 16th, hell a few even managed to escape without help already, but I'm not sure if the hype-sick and weaklings of the group can make it till then. Even the guards are bound to make a mistake and let one of 'them' slip in sooner or later. The days are getting longer, only the strong will survive. May Rockstar save us all.

Covfan

The PSN preorder has an option to set it to automatically download the preload. How does that work exactly,will it activate the ps3 and download from standby?
I think it automatically adds the game to your download list like getting a demo from the website, when you turn on PS3 it starts the download.

Bricky

There's this Dutch guy who is supposed to put up some impressions and performance info in this thread about the PS3 version because he got it early. I hope he still does it in an hour or two.

Wait, I'm Dutch and know the site he's posted the photo on pretty well, let me try to translate some of the impressions he left there if any.

E: PS3-version runs smooth without framedrops (yet).He can't compare to GTA4 because he had the 360-version. Installation time is about 5 minutes.

That's all for now.

Was it tweakers? Doubt that was the same guy but more PS3 impressions are always welcome!

Yeah, the Tweakers guy. Might be nice for non-dutchies to know anyway. ;)

Well my order on the app says DISPATCHED/COMPLETED but on the site it's says processing and no email so guess I'm still waiting.

Most likely tomorrow online retailers will start to dispatch which is what I expected.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Omg those hair and beard options. There is a shop about 2 hours away selling copies for €70 so I might head down tomorrow morning but I need to ask first because there shop has been put on big forums so they might of sold out.

Day #4: Official supplies running out, many have already been lost to the spoilers outside. Only a few minutes ago we heard a big explosion, followed by screams of pain which made even the strongest of us tremble. A few survivors made it back, barely alive, warning us to not even take a peak at the horrors going on. Rumor goes some of us might be able to get evacuated on the 16th, hell a few even managed to escape without help already, but I'm not sure if the hype-sick and weaklings of the group can make it till then. Even the guards are bound to make a mistake and let one of 'them' slip in sooner or later. The days are getting longer, only the strong will survive. May Rockstar save us all.

Lol brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom