• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamfall

Day #4: Official supplies running out, many have already been lost to the spoilers outside. Only a few minutes ago we heard a big explosion, followed by screams of pain which made even the strongest of us tremble. A few survivors made it back, barely alive, warning us to not even take a peak at the horrors going on. Rumor goes some of us might be able to get evacuated on the 16th, hell a few even managed to escape without help already, but I'm not sure if the hype-sick and weaklings of the group can make it till then. Even the guards are bound to make a mistake and let one of 'them' slip in sooner or later. The days are getting longer, only the strong will survive. May Rockstar save us all.

Baha, I love it! Hiding in this thread have give me hope! Strength in numbers, avoiding everything!

In Bish I trust, in Rockstar I dream.

Raven77

Bricky thanks for the info on the PS3 version.

Can you keep posting translations comparing the versions or at least talking about the performance as you see them get posted?

I hate to do this, but this board is BLAZING past, and I would like to get some input to this please...fellow Gaffers, what sayeth you!

ALSO.....not sure if old/new, so apologies if it's known.....buuuttt.....

GTA V Special Edition guide for $22.19 at Amazon for PRIME members

I had a $10 credit on my account. So I got it for $12.19. I know in this day and age, cell phones and the internets have made guides completely useless pretty much. But I couldn't resist, as the price is 40% off normal retail. And it's freaking GTA, this book will have it all. Though, I am slightly tempted to cancel my order. What say you Gaf -
Would you buy the Hard Bound SE GTA V guide for $12.19? What about $22.19?

Thanks for any and all input...

Bricky

Bricky thanks for the info on the PS3 version.

Can you keep posting translations comparing the versions or at least talking about the performance as you see them get posted?

I think the guy who was posting the info left so he could play the game (shocking, I know), but I'll make sure to check whether he posts anything new tonight anyway.

So, the only thing I would be getting with the physical release would be a physical map, correct? If so, then I'll be playin V the minute it releases in digital at 12:00!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I hate to do this, but this board is BLAZING past, and I would like to get some input to this please...fellow Gaffers, what sayeth you!

Looks nice. I like the all black cover with just the V. I'm thinking about it. I'll likely cave before the 17th and grab it.

Afrodium

Banned
newbitmapimage4xsoi.jpg

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/378583916199682048

frnXxyM.gif

Alienous

Looks nice. I like the all black cover with just the V. I'm thinking about it. I'll likely cave before the 17th and grab it.

I've never understood spoiler books. Particularly for open world games.

Modern games aren't so difficult that you actually need a 'strategy guide'.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I've never understood spoiler books. Particularly for open world games.

Modern games aren't so difficult that you actually need a 'strategy guide'.

I think you get me wrong it's not something that I'd 'need' and use. It's something that will look nice on the shelf.

I found a guy that says he has 3 copies of GTAV on Craigslist for 45 bucks. I'm thinking about it but quite obvious if he's selling them at that price they are either stolen or don't exist. I really don't want to end up naked in a bathtub missing my kidneys so I'm just going to wait it out like a good boy.

lem0n

Man this whole thing is crazy!

Hiding in a thread away from the rest of the Internet.

Is it Tuesday yet?
Were like the last survivors, and this thread is our final stand. Only gotta last a couple more days without being infected.

WE CAN DO THIS, GUYS

iNvid02

I hope people start preloading early. 18gb on PS3 including the installation takes a loooooong time.

yaa if you got a fast connection which psn cant utilise fully it might be worthwhile using the privoxy method to speed things up

1. find out your computer's ip address on your internal network - network/sharing centre in windows, e.g 192.168.0.2
2. download privoxy from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ijbswa/files/
3. install privoxy, might want to uncheck launch with windows
4. open privoxy, go to options and then edit main config
5. ctrl+f the text for any of the following

listen-address 127.0.0.1:8118

Code:
# Suppose you are running Privoxy on an IPv6-capable machine and
# you want it to listen on the IPv6 address of the loopback device:
#
# listen-address [::1]:8118
#
listen-address 127.0.0.1:8118
#
#
# 4.2. toggle
# ============
#
# Specifies:
#
# Initial state of "toggle" status

6. change both 127 ip's to your pc's address you looked up on step 1 - leave the ports as 8118
7. save and close the text document. leave your pc running and go to the ps3
8. on ps3 go to internet connection settings, carry on as normal until you hit proxy server - choose use proxy
9. the proxy ip should be your computer's ip and the port should be 8118 like it was in the document
10. continue and then do the network test, it should succeed if you did everything right

Well my order on the app says DISPATCHED/COMPLETED but on the site it's says processing and no email so guess I'm still waiting.

Most likely tomorrow online retailers will start to dispatch which is what I expected.

If they don't dispatch tomorrow, I might just have to go and write a somewhat angry post on the internet.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The friend of mine that owned a gaming store before they closed the physical store just popped up online on my 360 friends list with the game, checked on Facebook and I see that his brother posted a pic with just half of the special edition pre-orders, and there were a ton of them.

Makes me want to call them up to buy it early, but I still have a ton of games to finish first, damn this hype.

I tell ya, I don't buy game guides either. Lat one I bought was for Marvel vs Capcom 3 (5 bucks!), to oogle at the pics, and to learn the frame data. San Andreas was the last one before that, but that was before the ease of Internet use got to where it is now.

The Internet has made them all useless, aside from collecting. I don't plan on havin it open right next to me. Hell, I'd probably even still use the web for quick answers.

My logic is that since this is the last GTA on current gen, with the scale it promises, having some compendium available 24/7 could prove useful at some point.

$37 useful? HELL no. $23 useful? Perhaps. $12 useful? Verrry likely. Plus it's all hard bound and black and sleek and o so nice looking.

Edit: thanks to those who answered. I just may keep it, cause its freaking GTA after all...

I didn't think they were turning the pre-loading back on. I almost wish I had got it on PSN to save myself a trip. However it just feels wrong to buy digital one a game this big. I need to be able to have the disk.

RedStep

I tell ya, I don't buy game guides either. Lat one I bought was for Marvel vs Capcom 3 (5 bucks!), to oogle at the pics, and to learn the frame data. San Andreas was the last one before that, but that was before the ease of Internet use got to where it is now.

The Internet has made them all useless, aside from collecting. I don't plan on havin it open right next to me. Hell, I'd probably even still use the web for quick answers.

My logic is that since this is the last GTA on current gen, with the scale it promises, having some compendium available 24/7 could prove useful at some point.

$37 useful? HELL no. $23 useful? Perhaps. $12 useful? Verrry likely. Plus it's all hard bound and black and sleek and o so nice looking.

Edit: thanks to those who answered. I just may keep it, cause its freaking GTA after all...

I have the same one preordered at Amazon. I don't usually buy guides either, but for map-based stuff (like finding collectibles), it's easier than trying to print a map, reference a tablet/laptop, or whatever. Plus it's a nice book.

I put a listing on Craigslist offering $100 for someone to get it to me this weekend, but no responses yet. Sometimes I hate living in a smaller town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom