• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've been trying to understand that myself.
They should have at least one for the US and one for the EU, so hopefully my package will get here soon enough.

Should be the 16th though.
http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200150376-Delivery-times-for-R-Warehouse-orders

Seems like they use avarto digital. They are in kentucky which means they are right next to the UPS hub.

Information about Avarto digitals adress.
http://start.cortera.com/company/research/k2k4owm4p/arvato-digital-services-llc/

Looking forward to the gameplay aspects of this game a ton. Especially the online component, but this recent article from Chuck Jordan (Sam & Max, Strong Bad games among others) is a fantastic perspective on the "satire".

Eh.

So I’m skeptical that the people at Rockstar are actually trying to make satire with the Grand Theft Auto games; I think it’s more just a disclaimer. It’s to acknowledge that they’re not taking any of this seriously. And I don’t think that the proper reaction to the lack of a female protagonist should be condemnation but disappointment.

As an unrepentant feminist I can honestly say that I'm neither appalled nor disappointed at the lack of a female lead in GTAV. Same as I'm not appalled at the lack of a male lead in Kill Bill. I've gotten my blade wet in many an online crusade concerning female representation in games, and I'm absolutely for expanding their role. That said, it's an argument I'd levy at the industry at large, not at a particular game that concerns itself with a very specific narrative framework. Could GTAV be written from a female perspective? Sure. Would it be an interesting perspective to explore? Absolutely. Am I upset that a female lead isn't included? Absolutely not, so long as the male leads retain my interest. I invest in characters, not archetypes.

PHOTOSHOP

im deleting hella shit right now from my PS3 160gb HDD for the digital copy.

You guys think 22gb will be enough for GTAV + GTA Online?

Simo

Buddy came in work today and brought his newly built AR. We got talking about GTAV (again) and figured I'd get in to the spirit of the conversation...
ResizedImage951379106995052.jpg

No civilians were injured after the photo op....LOL "Customer Service" painting.

kmg90

You should think about upgrading to bigger drive (750GB-1TB 7200RP) since you could (if you are buying one) swap out the stock hard drive in the PS4 day one!

I think this game is seriously going to be GOAT material. The streams I've seen sent me from hyped to I physically NEED it. I think I'm done watching any footage/reading about anything because I feel like this game is going to be truly special. If it doesn't review better than IV, I'll be genuinely disappointed.

kmg90

Anyone remember the days leading up to the launch of GTA4, I kinda do (can't believe that came out 5 years ago) I just remember being extremely anxious to see what R* was going to do with all the more system resources they have at their disposal, reguardless of whether it was fun or not...

V has me extremely anxious to see how much they've learned and expanded on giving the reception to GTA4 wasn't on par with say GTA3 or Vice City

abundant

You need 36gb of free space to start the download.

Hopefully the US preload is real and not a typo from R*. Thet may have meant Tuesday 3am est, the time when the game goes up.

Megasoum

Banned
Anyone remember the days leading up to the launch of GTA4, I kinda do (can't believe that came out 5 years ago) I just remember being extremely anxious to see what R* was going to do with all the more system resources they have at their disposal, reguardless of whether it was fun or not...

V has me extremely anxious to see how much they've learned and expanded on giving the reception to GTA4 wasn't on par with say GTA3 or Vice City

lol... GAF is not representative of the general reception of a game.

Like it or not, that's what the suits and investors saw out of GTA4.

kaskade

Some of the stuff I've been seeing has been crazy. One thing I did I kind of wish I didn't (not story related) but made me more excited. Something I've wanted in GTA for a while. Can't fucking wait. I still haven't decided what console yet though. PS3 is one disc but all my friends have 360s. As long as there is no major performance advantage I think I'm going with the 360 version.

DukeBobby

I think this game is seriously going to be GOAT material. The streams I've seen sent me from hyped to I physically NEED it. I think I'm done watching any footage/reading about anything because I feel like this game is going to be truly special. If it doesn't review better than IV, I'll be genuinely disappointed.

If this was any other game, I would accuse you of being hyperbolic.

But after watching the streams, I have to agree with you.

Ploid 3.0

GTA is back. I'm going to get this at launch now, even if it pulls a MGS2 or Brutal Legends and becomes a Rock Band game half way through Ill be ok (will load before it turns Rock Band and just do random stuff).

Edit: Well maybe not at launch. I want to see what the cheat codes are like.

rouken

If this was any other game, I would accuse you of being hyperbolic.

But after watching the streams, I have to agree with you.

yup, if the hundreds of random gameplay gifs from the spoiler thread doesn't convince people that it's an improved game from gta iv, then i don't what can.

kmg90

This is still a no spoiler zone right? No talking about the game what so ever outside what has been released to media or official channels?

Tourmeta

I think it automatically adds the game to your download list like getting a demo from the website, when you turn on PS3 it starts the download.

Oh ok, thanks :) I'll probably just end up doing manually anyway in sheer excitement over having GTA5 files flowing into my PS3, but it'd be cool if it turned on instantly.

Gaz_RB

Is that a spoiler though? I watched a bit of gameplay and noticed it is kind of easy to die. I don't want to go to the spoiler thread if people are posting story spoilers

We're just not talking about it here.No talking about streams or gameplay in this thread, sorry homie

kmg90

Is that a spoiler though? I watched a bit of gameplay and noticed it is kind of easy to die. I don't want to go to the spoiler thread if people are posting story spoilers

This type of post is a spoiler to me.... No released material has shown anything about dying

geebee

Banned
Have a PS3 and X360.. not sure which version to get! How long do you guys think it will take for some comparisons to come out?

Gold_Loot

OMG! I didn't want to know that you can die easily in this game! UGH spoilers!

People get worked up over the strangest things.

Gaz_RB

Alright, sorry guys. I will go to the other thread to talk about the game

All good, just don't want anyone getting banned...

OMG! I didn't want to know that you can die easily in this game! UGH spoilers!

C'mon man, when there is designated thread for spoilers, why would you come and make fun of people who are on everything but official media only blackout. Read Bish's remarks in the OP...

kmg90

OMG! I didn't want to know
that you can die easily in this game
! UGH spoilers!

To me that is a spoiler...

It kills the anticipation for the game as that was one of my top issues I had with GTA4

Sorry if that's a strange thing to get worked up against

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
To me that is a spoiler...

It kills the anticipation for the game as that was one of my top issues I had with GTA4

Sorry if that's a strange thing to get worked up against
Something killing your anticipation of the game is not a spoiler by definition.

Looking forward to the gameplay aspects of this game a ton. Especially the online component, but this recent article from Chuck Jordan (Sam & Max, Strong Bad games among others) is a fantastic perspective on the "satire".

If anything that comes off as an extremely simplified viewing of what the game does from someone who feels that they just have to dismiss everything it does or attempts to do. Much like his statement that the game just says politically incorrect things as satire without really meaning anything he gives no real examples to back up his points. Not to mention the Kill Bill comparison is absurd and completely missing the point of what Hauser meant by the concept of masculinity which in the way I took it wasn't just a statement referring to the ability to inflict violence but the whole set of expectations that comes along with being a man in the type of environment the game takes place in. Kill Bill is a great series but the type of violence or action involved is just not related. I mean hell, it's a homage of a sort to the female driven action flicks of the 70s combined with all the various other genes it emulates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom