• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

DukeBobby

Well, damn. Someone said earlier that it was a solid 30fps with no noticeable drops during normal gameplay, but I knew that was too good to be true. Rockstar simply cannot manage stable framerates. Disappointing. Oh well, at least it sounds like an improvement over IV.

(And no, framerate talk isn't a spoiler, that's ridiculous.)

Other than that it sounds great!

There is no open world game on consoles that's a solid 30fps, and none of them are on the same scale as this game either.

25-30fps for this game is pretty damn impressive.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
it's been a while since I played IV on a PS3 but I'd definitely say it runs smoother
the controls are tighter too I feel, more direct

as for aliasing yeah it could be better but I wouldn't call it a flaw
it's not detrimental to the overall look of the game so sure there are jaggies but I would never call it "that bad" and it's a clear step above IV

It had better be smoother. IV often dropped to an awful 20fps on the PS3, and I believe the average wasn't even 25.

cdkee

Banned
The stream im watching makes it look like the lighting is good, fps is good, shadows are almost non existent, voice acting is ok, main character is reprehensible, textures are meh. Looks like controls are good. UI is good. Music is a bit drab.

There are three main characters...and all video I've seen do have shadows.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
There is no open world game on consoles that's a solid 30fps, and none of them are on the same scale as this game either.

25-30fps is pretty damn impressive.

Sure, if it's closer to 30 than 25 most of the time it's fine, and a clear improvement over IV.

Demathe

Neo Member
Would you say the trailers are accurate representations of the game?

accurate of the graphics? nah not really because trailers are always touched up and have some added effects...but I would call them indicative ;)

accurate of the overall experience of playing this game? hell yeah
Thanks for keeping your word. I absolutely love the impressions! This weekend is going to be a pain in the ass.

sure thing, least I could do :)

it's been a while since I played IV on a PS3 but I'd definitely say it runs smoother
the controls are tighter too I feel, more direct

as for aliasing yeah it could be better but I wouldn't call it a flaw
it's not detrimental to the overall look of the game so sure there are jaggies but I would never call it "that bad" and it's a clear step above IV
Cool, the way the character controlled was also a major issue I had with IV, nice to know it feels tighter.

jaaz

alright like I said before I got the game early :)

I've played for about 4 hours straight now and since it's the PS3 version some folks were curious as to the looks and performance so I'll give some short impressions...because I don't want to spoil anything and I wanna get back to the game asap :p

just to be sure, I'll put the following in spoiler tags
alright, so first thing is the graphics: huge upgrade from IV, lots of awesome little details throughout the world itself and during action sequences. Much sharper look to everything.

framerate I would guess is mostly somewhere between 25 and 30, with it being pretty smooth most of the time but not without hiccups. Nothing that got in my way of enjoying the game though. But it certainly isn't a solid 30 so you shouldn't expect that (I wasn't)

the lightning is incredible, and the atmosphere is just...wow. Rockstar has always been great at creating gaming worlds but San Andreas in V is something else. Each time of day has its own distinct look and feel and the world just begs to be lived and played in.

I've been a GTA player and fan since 1997, and from what I can tell by these first 4 hours of V is that it could very well be the best one yet. Great things are awaiting you my friends and fellow gamers.

I'm in love with V.

Excellent, thank you for the impressions! I was debating which version to get it for and this confirms I will get it for the PS3 (I prefer the DS3 for GTA games).

mcmudman

Neo Member
Since the pre load is at midnight Pacific id expect the game to unlock at that same time zone.

Ah, that's what I assumed too. So I guess the preload is really only good for people in the Pacific. Doing that 8gb install probably shouldnt take me too long after I snag a copy up on midnight.

They have blob shadows on cars and characters. there's almost no environmental shadows like on chairs or shrubs or anything.

You need to lower your standards if that is what you thought is possible on the current gen consoles. I do not know whether you are trolling but this is not the PC High-res Screenshot Thread.

oxidax

For all the people that PM'd me earlier today about the only store in nyc that might break release date. I was just told that their shipment was pushed to monday. So thats it i guess. Rockstar ninjas all over the city lol.

Gaz_RB

You need to lower your standards if that is what you thought is possible on the current gen consoles. I do not know whether you are trolling but this is not the PC High-res Screenshot Thread.

Seriously, and stop talking about streams in this thread...

Gvaz

Banned

I haven't played on consoles in ages other than my PS3 pretty much for exactly that reason. Computer is old graphics wise and it still outperforms my console.

Anyways that's not my point. It is a valid complaint.

Also graphics chat is not spoiler chat you big babies.

I've played for about 4 hours straight now and since it's the PS3 version some folks were curious as to the looks and performance so I'll give some short impressions...because I don't want to spoil anything and I wanna get back to the game asap :p

alright, so first thing is the graphics: huge upgrade from IV, lots of awesome little details throughout the world itself and during action sequences. Much sharper look to everything.

framerate I would guess is mostly somewhere between 25 and 30, with it being pretty smooth most of the time but not without hiccups. Nothing that got in my way of enjoying the game though. But it certainly isn't a solid 30 so you shouldn't expect that (I wasn't)

the lightning is incredible, and the atmosphere is just...wow. Rockstar has always been great at creating gaming worlds but San Andreas in V is something else. Each time of day has its own distinct look and feel and the world just begs to be lived and played in.

I've been a GTA player and fan since 1997, and from what I can tell by these first 4 hours of V is that it could very well be the best one yet. Great things are awaiting you my friends and fellow gamers.

I'm in love with V.

nGJAm5M.gif

Thanks for the spoiler free report mate. A true gentleman this^

Gaz_RB

I haven't played on consoles in ages other than my PS3 pretty much for exactly that reason. Computer is old graphics wise and it still outperforms my console.

Talking about streams, voice acting, and main character impressions is. Why can't you do it in the other thread?

No. It is not a valid complaint. Stuff like that has been known for years. Current gen consoles just arent that strong, we all know that. No point in posting this here.

GQman2121

Banned
GS just told me to that at 9 PM on Monday night, they're handing out numbers (to avoid lines inside/outside of the store) to whomever is in the store and picking up the game at midnight. They're not closing at all and will hand out numbers in order until midnight.They expect 80 - 100 of their pre-orders to be there.

If you've pre-ordered at GS, I would call your store and see if they have a similar plan in place.

Gvaz

Banned
Talking about streams, voice acting, and main character impressions is. Why can't you do it in the other thread?

...But...the OP has more spoilers about the game than anything I mentioned which was negligible. I don't get you. Literally I read the op and nothing I said was a spoiler.

Stop.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
At the very least you could spoiler tag your shit. This thread is supposed to be a safe haven for people that don't want to read anything from people who have the game or have watched a stream before they play it for themselves.

Gaz_RB

...But...the OP has more spoilers about the game than anything I mentioned which was negligible. I don't get you. Literally I read the op and nothing I said was a spoiler.

Stop.

bish-note.png

Thinking of posting spoilers?

sDylenM.gif

Go to this thread instead.

Bans for anyone posting leaked images, links, spoiler text, whatever between now and the 17th. ONLY OFFICIALLY RELEASED MEDIA ALLOWED IN THIS THREAD OR SO HELP ME GOD

OK carry on​

Just don't understand why you can't at least spoiler tag certain shit​

Derrick01

Banned
The ps3 version running at 25-30 is much better than I was expecting. That's damn impressive for an open world game with this much detail on PS3.

Con_Smith

Banned
Man this anticipation has ruined Sleeping Dogs for me. Every time I play it to take my mind off GTA I just get disappointed I'm not playing GTA.

I even tried to slog through Ass Creed trois...nope.

Gaz_RB

Man this anticipation has ruined Sleeping Dogs for me. Every time I play it to take my mind off GTA I just get disappointed I'm not playing GTA.

I even tried to slog through Ass Creed trois...nope.

I know! Try going back to GTA IV! That'll get you depressed. I started another run through Max Payne 3 today. Like the only game that I can stand to play because the shooting is going to be very similar to GTAV.

KAP151

Take it to the other thread, no one here wants to know this shit.

D-Stubbs

It's funny I'm kinda hoping work is busy this weekend just so it can go by faster. If it's slow and I'm sitting around doing nothing it's gonna be torture.

scarlet

I'm in love with V.

thank you

i hope it's as good as SA or even better

Con_Smith

Banned
I know! Try going back to GTA IV! That'll get you depressed. I started another run through Max Payne 3 today. Like the only game that I can stand to play because the shooting is going to be very similar to GTAV.

Exactly. I find myself playing Max Payne no longer to rep neogang, but in hopes the game will somehow turn into GTA V.

I'm loosing my mind slowly. And trying so hard to not look at spoilers. So hard, but I'm turning soft.

Gaz_RB

Exactly. I find myself playing Max Payne no longer to rep neogang, but in hopes the game will somehow turn into GTA V.

I'm loosing my mind slowly. And trying so hard to not look at spoilers. So hard, but I'm turning soft.

Yuup. So wish Max was a fourth playable character haha. GTA V would be awesome with shootdodge

Green Yoshi

What are your favorite songs from the soundtrack?

Phil Collins - I Don't Care Anymore

Elton John - Saturday Nights Alright (For Fighting)

Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls

Con_Smith

Banned

bnMGL.gif

Megasoum

Banned
I wish there was an option for force full install on PS3 like on 360. I know it does the 8gigs install but hey, I have plenty of room, why not install the whole thing. I don't want spinning discs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom