• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if Sony/R* has said what time the psn release will be able to PLAY? I'd hate to have to wait till noon on Tuesday to be able to play

antitrop

Just from all the previews I read on it I remember being more excited for that game than GTA 3 at the time. Then I played both and that perspective shifted fucking fast.
Those couple of months after GTA III came out where the press was hyping State of Emergency was pretty crazy. There was about a 5 month gap between the releases.

Games press were definitely selling it as the "Next GTA".

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
When the first batch of reviews come in I'm expecting perfect scores across the board. I think the words "Amazing, Perfect, Groundbreaking, and Must have" will be used countless times.

I'm excited for it, but the reviews are so typical these days. Groundbreaking games come out every 6 or 7 months now.

Fjordson

Sequel:
Defiantly Bully 2.

I think returning to the wild west is still way too soon ( 2016/17 would be the sweet spot)
Reason for this is mainly due to the map design ( sure you can change the town layouts but the general locations will still look similar to RDR) Still will be excited if announced though.
new ip:
I would prefer a new IP, set in the Future! R* games making a future GTA style game... Yes please.
Man, I've always wanted that. Blade Runner-esque open-world game from R* set in a massive cyberpunk city. Could be truly awesome.

Man, I remember the hype for that game was through the fucking roof.

Then the reviews hit.
Lmao. I was so hyped for it also. So disappointing.

Though to be fair, it was developed by the now extinct VIS Entertainment and not R*.

When the first batch of reviews come in I'm expecting perfect scores across the board. I think the words "Amazing, Perfect, Groundbreaking, and Must have" will be used countless times.

I'm excited for it, but the reviews are so typical these days. Groundbreaking games come out every 6 or 7 months now.

I expect anger either way.

Squire

Banned
Where do you guys think R* goes after this? Their first next gen game probably, but what will it be? Hoping for a new Red Dead or Agent personally.

For some reason I have a hunch Bully is up next, then RDR. Agent? Who knows.

Bully seems like a good game to use to catch your next-gen bearings.

Gvaz

Banned

This is why reviews, paid reviews, are usually bullshit sandwiches. Groundbreaking games are not coming out every 6-7 months, and there are a lot of fun games I'd rate 4-5.

Just from all the previews I read on it I remember being more excited for that game than GTA 3 at the time. Then I played both and that perspective shifted fucking fast.

All I remember about the game is running around in a mall or something. It didn't seem to go anywhere. I don't think I've ever stopped playing a game after 30 minutes after paying full price for it before or since.

antitrop

Lmao. I was so hyped for it also. So disappointing.

Though to be fair, it was developed by the now extinct VIS Entertainment and not R*.
Ya, considering how close they were to each other (5 months), obviously in hindsight it was completely different developers.

Somehow I (and probably a lot of other people) had the idea it was pretty much the same guys behind GTA 3. Probably the same way that today a lot of people still think that Rockstar developed LA Noire.

Delt31

For those wondering ps3 vs xbxo 360, I've been watching streams all day and I will tell you that the xbox suffers from MASSIVE pop up issues (similar to GTA IV) where the ps3 doesn't have as much, if any. just an FYI.

Pagusas

Elden Member
For those wondering ps3 vs xbxo 360, I've been watching streams all day and I will tell you that the xbox suffers from MASSIVE pop up issues (similar to GTA IV) where the ps3 doesn't have as much, if any. just an FYI.

Hope its nothing, but that's disheartening :-/ I hate the dual shock controller, would very much prefer not to use it. Hope the PC version gets here fast.

Derrick01

Banned
Those couple of months after GTA III came out where the press was hyping State of Emergency was pretty crazy. There was about a 5 month gap between the releases.

Games press were definitely selling it as the "Next GTA".

All I remember about the game is running around in a mall or something. It didn't seem to go anywhere. I don't think I've ever stopped playing a game after 30 minutes after paying full price for it before or since.

Yeah I remember it was getting pushed a lot. But at the time I thought the premise of inciting riots and participating in the madness was cool as hell and unique. I still remember they were talking about being able to throw molotovs into stores and using all sorts of melee weapons on people.

It ended up being so repetitive and boring. Talk about a learning experience with believing pre-release hype.

delt31 said:

Not that I'm complaining since I'm going ps3 but that seems weird. Like it should be reversed if anything since the 360s hardware is more open world friendly.

Fjordson

Ya, considering how close they were to each other (5 months), obviously in hindsight it was completely different developers.

Somehow I (and probably a lot of other people) had the idea it was pretty much the same guys behind GTA 3. Probably the same way that today a lot of people still think that Rockstar developed LA Noire.
Haha, I thought the same thing. "Rockstar? As in GTA III? Sign me up!"

Seriously. People need to pay more goddamn attention. Thankfully whateer was in it I didn't see it.

You now what I'm REALLY worried about?

MIDNIGHT LAUNCH GAME SPOILING DOUCHEBAGS

Is it a serious threat?

With a game this big I wouldn't doubt it. I'd just stay off the internet for the next week if you're really worried.

Delt31

Yeah I remember it was getting pushed a lot. But at the time I thought the premise of inciting riots and participating in the madness was cool as hell and unique. I still remember they were talking about being able to throw molotovs into stores and using all sorts of melee weapons on people.

It ended up being so repetitive and boring. Talk about a learning experience with believing pre-release hype.

Not that I'm complaining since I'm going ps3 but that seems weird. Like it should be reversed if anything since the 360s hardware is more open world friendly.

well I only have a xbox 360 and I know it suffered during GTA IV for the same reason. I've been asking these guys which system their playing and the ones with pop up always seem to be xbox.

MBS

Banned
Does anyone know when the game will be available to play in the EU store? I don't mean the preload, i'm talking about the actual unlocked game. Will it be unlocked at midnight in Monday, or we 'll have to wait a few hours more to get it in Europe?

Megasoum

Banned
Seriously. People need to pay more goddamn attention. Thankfully whateer was in it I didn't see it.

You now what I'm REALLY worried about?

MIDNIGHT LAUNCH GAME SPOILING DOUCHEBAGS

Is it a serious threat?

To be fair it was a low risk spoiler. I mean I get why he shouldn't have posted it but it was just a scenery gif.

With a game this big I wouldn't doubt it. I'd just stay off the internet for the next week if you're really worried.

No no, I mean dicks shouting spoiler shit while I wait to pick it up. Im actually getting an little nervous about the launch. I've managed to avoid all non-official media (except for that partial track list revealed after the preload fiasco) and I'm incredibly proud of myself for having done so.

I don't want my self control shit on.

Megasoum

Banned
Bish posted this yesterday....

Like I said, I know why he shouldn't have posted it and it good that he removed it... All I'm saying is that even if somebody happened to see it (like I did for example) then it's really not the end of the world. It's not like it's a gif from the last cinematic of the game.

Like I said, I know why he shouldn't have posted it and it good that he removed it... All I'm saying is that even if somebody happened to see it (like I did for example) then it's really not the end of the world. It's not like it's a gif from the last cinematic of the game.

Dude.

It literally could NOT be any clearer. This is not the thread for it. Period.

AIGHT? :)

I get it. It apparently was scenery. Whoops didn't know there were trees and stuff! But rules are rules. Its black and white. Lets all play fair.

DukeBobby

If someone accidentally posts a spoiler, quoting them and saying stuff like 'you fucked up' or 'bye junior' doesn't help. Give them a chance to fix their error, and then move on.

kmg90

No one cares if you talk about performance or graphics. Just gameplay/character/story impressions are spoilers.

It's a spoiler free OT...

Going by the descriptions in the OP any talk that isn't about OFFICIALLY RELEASED material (AKA content ROCKSTAR has approved or sent to media for publication) is NOT to be discussed if you have the game already GTFO because it's not OFFICIALLY RELEASED

How can it be any more clear than :
Ee0X4zB.jpg

zomaha

If someone accidentally posts a spoiler, quoting them and saying stuff like 'you fucked up' or 'bye junior' doesn't help. Give them a chance to fix their error, and then move on.

i've never "bye junior"d someone before, i wanted to give it a shot and see how it felt. it felt smug. i don't think i'll do it again.

Going by the descriptions in the OP any talk that isn't about OFFICIALLY RELEASED material (AKA content ROCKSTAR has approved or sent to media for publication) is NOT to be discussed if you have the game already GTFO because it's not OFFICIALLY RELEASED

I'm pretty sure it's okay to talk about framerate/resolutions so that people who do not want risk spoiling themselves about the games content can at least find out about performance so they know what copy to buy.

Gaz_RB

How can it be any more clear than :
Ee0X4zB.jpg

Whoa, I'm on your side, homie.

But performance/fps questions are pretty much unspokenly accepted here.

Haven't seen a single person get mad when someone has said "game looks amazing, smooth, great fps, some pop in, etc"

Until you I guess...

kazebyaka

Banned
Playing the game, it's awesome. But the targeting reticule is goddamn awful. Not acceptable and need to be fixed asap.

About performance. Ps3 version dips from 30 to 25 quite often. Lots of aliasing too.

kmg90

Whoa, I'm on your side, homie.

But performance/fps questions are pretty much unspokenly accepted here.

Can we assume both versions run great, Rockstar Games and all of its sub-divisions have worked on the RAGE engine and GTA5 for the past 5+ years, both versions should be consistent at least in general performance, with the PS3 being superior compared to using flash drive as storage for install disc on the 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom