• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz_RB

Can we assume both versions run great, Rockstar Games and all of its sub-divisions have worked on the RAGE engine and GTA5 for the past 5+ years, both versions should be consistent at least in general performance, with the PS3 being superior compared to using flash drive as storage for install disc

We can assume. Yeah

kmg90

P
laying the game, it's awesome. But the targeting reticule is goddamn awful. Not acceptable and need to be fixed asap.
About performance. Ps3 version dips from 30 to 25 quite often. Lots of aliasing too.

Please take your discussion to the spoiler thread...

bsnakes12

Neo Member
Damn, copies are showing up in LA but I'm stuck at work and the place near me will probably charge 80 bucks for it.

Oh well, only PS3 so far and was leaning towards 360, the wait continues.

kmg90

I can't risk it anymore time to unplug the ethernet from my laptop.... must..... avoid.... people ruining it for others who haven't gotten game before street date

off to play Payday 2 for the rest of the weekend

I apologize if I was little harsh with my spoiler-free ranting... just I don't want to know anything other than what's out from R*, want to experience the highs and lows (game performance, flaws etc) first hand and not expect them

Megasoum

Banned
I can't risk it anymore time to unplug the ethernet from my laptop.... must..... avoid.... people ruining it for others who haven't gotten game before street date

off to play Payday 2 for the rest of the weekend

I apologize if I was little harsh with my spoiler-free ranting... just I don't want to know anything other than what's out from R*, want to experience the highs and lows (game performance, flaws etc) first hand and not expect them

How will you do that without your Ethernet cable?

kmg90

anyone can summarise the difference between 360 and ps3 versions?

PS3 is on one disc and has an 8.8GB install on first run

Xbox 360 has 2 discs, one being a mandatory install to a storage device; hard drive or flash drive, which isn't recommended due to terrible read/write rate for small files on flash drives (unknown amount but I guess at least 5+GB)

FINALBOSS

Banned
Paid off my copy at GS earlier today.

I guess Gamestop is going crazy with some of the midnight launches. Pizza, beverages, all that jazz. I mean I know they've done that before for other games and console launches, but supposedly they are goin straight thug that night.

Guys, for real--performance stuff is spoilery? Good lord.

I wanna hear about that stuff without venturing into the damn spoiler thread.

Fjordson

what about game technical performance, ps3 vs 360?? Or is that too spoilerish?
Both look really good. Worlds better than IV.

This is just from streams, though (albeit high quality HD streams) so take it with a grain of salt. Probably wait for more hands on impressions if you're truly torn.

But in the end I don't think you'll be unhappy with either.

MercuryLS

Banned
I wonder if there is a performance difference (especially with pop-in) with the digital vs. disc versions on PS3. I would imagine it would be quicker to stream the whole game off the HDD vs. half off the HDD and half off the slow blu ray drive.

Sothpaw

So for the digital version it says I need at LEAST 36 gigs on my HD. I currently have 46...am I good to go? Also I am not familiar with console games at all; is there any downside to the digital version compared to the retail version?

Alienous

So for the digital version it says I need at LEAST 36 gigs on my HD. I currently have 46...am I good to go? Also I am not familiar with console games at all; is there any downside to the digital version compared to the retail version?

Apparently you need double the requirement for PSN downloads. Don't take my word for it, though, but you might need to get to 72GB free.

UrbanRats

So if the game require 8 GB mandatory install (on 360) and i only have about 9, is it enough? Or do games need more space to unpack shit and giggles?

Despera

Banned
So a friend of mine got the PS3 ver. of the game today. Which means tomorrow I'll be getting this

Bless street date breakers.

Megasoum

Banned
Apparently you need double the requirement for PSN downloads. Don't take my word for it, though, but you might need to get to 72GB free.

Yes this is how the PS3 works. You down the package file and then you unpack it. It's like if you were downloading a zip and then unzipping it. So you need double the size for the install.

AeroGod

The new video released on the official GTA site today has a voice over from one of the talk radio hosts sounds ALOT like
Danny McBride from East Bound and Down

Wondering if its him. That would be awesome

Sothpaw

I believe 36 is the doubled requirement. GTAV is only 18 gigs i think.

That's what I was hoping. Hopefully I can get this figured out before Monday. 36 gigs is extremely large, I can't imagine something short of Blizzard's next MMO clocking in at 72.

MercuryLS

Banned
yes ps4 seems they rectified the software annoyances. when do you predict ps4 GTA V??

I really hope it's next summer at the latest. I really want to play an enhanced version of this at 60fps, no pop-in, high quality AA, and super long draw distances. If they could upgrade lighting and particles, that would be a bonus.

I really hope it's next summer at the latest. I really want to play an enhanced version of this at 60fps, no pop-in, high quality AA, and super long draw distances. If they could upgrade lighting and particles, that would be a bonus.

The game is screaming for it. It would be incredible.

Would be the easiest double dip ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom