• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allforce

What's the official GAF Crew for this game? Is it invite only? I was in one with 250+ members but seems I got kicked for no reason along with about 100+ other people.

Squire

Banned
Why are performance impressions being spoiler tagged? How is that any different from previews saying it runs well? You're telling me if they had gone into detail, pre-release threads would have spoiler-tagged that stuff?

Is this an OT or a No Fun zone?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Why are performance impressions being spoiler tagged? How is that any different from previews saying it runs well? You're telling me if they had gone into detail, pre-release threads would have spoiler-tagged that stuff?

some people seem to go mental if you even acknowledge GTA:V exists so yeah, no fun zone.

Gaz_RB

No one cares if you talk about performance or graphics. Just gameplay/character/story impressions are spoilers.

It's a spoiler free OT...

alright like I said before I got the game early :)

I've played for about 4 hours straight now and since it's the PS3 version some folks were curious as to the looks and performance so I'll give some short impressions...because I don't want to spoil anything and I wanna get back to the game asap :p

just to be sure, I'll put the following in spoiler tags
alright, so first thing is the graphics: huge upgrade from IV, lots of awesome little details throughout the world itself and during action sequences. Much sharper look to everything.

framerate I would guess is mostly somewhere between 25 and 30, with it being pretty smooth most of the time but not without hiccups. Nothing that got in my way of enjoying the game though. But it certainly isn't a solid 30 so you shouldn't expect that (I wasn't)

the lightning is incredible, and the atmosphere is just...wow. Rockstar has always been great at creating gaming worlds but San Andreas in V is something else. Each time of day has its own distinct look and feel and the world just begs to be lived and played in.

I've been a GTA player and fan since 1997, and from what I can tell by these first 4 hours of V is that it could very well be the best one yet. Great things are awaiting you my friends and fellow gamers.

I'm in love with V.

Awesome post, hype overload now.

Con_Smith

Banned
Damn, and I was so sure they wouldn't release another GTA after IV. Get to work on LA Noire 2 already R*!

In all seriousness; I liked LA Noire. Come at me GAF

You motherf-

Have fun!

I understand why some have issues with it but from the main menu that game had me hooked.

Fjordson

Where do you guys think R* goes after this? Their first next gen game probably, but what will it be? Hoping for a new Red Dead or Agent personally.

I'll double dip on pc. I didnt bother with gta4 pc because I heard there was alot of issues but if this one is a good port I will go for it

KAP151

99.9% sure bet a team is on the PC version of GTAV with next gen ports a safe bet as well.

You can bet your bottom dollar that a team is already, if not close to working on teh next GTA world. As Dan Houser mentioned it is by far the most time consuming and challenging part of the GTA Universe.

Hopefully one of the teams are doing something RDR related. That shit on XB1/PS4 would be mind blowing.

sunnz

Where do you guys think R* goes after this? Their first next gen game probably, but what will it be? Hoping for a new Red Dead or Agent personally.
Sequel:
Defiantly Bully 2.

I think returning to the wild west is still way too soon ( 2016/17 would be the sweet spot)
Reason for this is mainly due to the map design ( sure you can change the town layouts but the general locations will still look similar to RDR) Still will be excited if announced though.
new ip:
I would prefer a new IP, set in the Future! R* games making a future GTA style game... Yes please.

cdkee

Banned
99.9% sure bet a team is on the PC version of GTAV with next gen ports a safe bet as well.

You can bet your bottom dollar that a team is already, if not close to working on teh next GTA world. As Dan Houser mentioned it is by far the most time consuming and challenging part of the GTA Universe.

Hopefully one of the teams are doing something RDR related. That shit on XB1/PS4 would be mind blowing.

I'd wager that if a PC version is in the pipeline, then yeah it's 99% that XB1/Ps4 is as well. Similar architecture right? I'd double dip with no hesitation and I haven't even played the game yet.

Has anyone ever seen some of the gta stun videos? Back before san andreas came out I was on a forum that made some sweet stunt videos for vice city

tookhster

Speaking of what R* might do next, do you guys think they'll keep the 3-character (or more) thing with the next GTA, or back to a single main character? I just thought about this lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom