• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz_RB

Haha, seriously? "The targeting reticule is bad" and "the framerate is bad" aren't spoilers. Come on.

Not for me and not for you, but you gotta respect other people's opinions too.

If there wasn't already a place to talk about spoilers and leaked gameplay, that'd be one thing, but this thread is a place to talk about GTAV without knowing much about the gameplay mechanics and features. A place to vent hype but still stay relatively in the dark.

Talking about framerate/performance is acceptable.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Rockstar hasn't officialy said if the reticule is bad or the fps drops so I guess it's a spoiler.

Well, then this thread should simply be closed. People can just check out the official footage and info released by Rockstar!

I understand not wanting the actual game spoiled, but it's getting completely ridiculous in here. You can't even mention the game without someone telling you to keep it in the spoiler thread.

Would some kind soul who is frequenting both this thread and the spoiler thread be willing to PM me links to specific posts in the spoiler thread that only detail gameplay performance and impressions? No way am I venturing into that thread willy nilly at this point since so many story spoilers are out, but I want more impressions like Trevor wants more meth.

scarlet

Would some kind soul who is frequenting both this thread and the spoiler thread be willing to PM me links to specific posts in the spoiler thread that only detail gameplay performance and impressions? No way am I venturing into that thread willy nilly at this point since so many story spoilers are out, but I want more impressions like Trevor wants more meth.

quoting myself

i read in the last few pages ps3 is around 25-30 fps

have no idea about 360

edit: this post

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Not for me and not for you, but you gotta respect other people's opinions too.

If there wasn't already a place to talk about spoilers and leaked gameplay, that'd be one thing, but this thread is a place to talk about GTAV without knowing much about the gameplay mechanics and features. A place to vent hype but still stay relatively in the dark.

Talking about framerate/performance is acceptable.

Yes, but it boggles my mind how anyone could think the statement "I think the targeting reticule is bad" is a spoiler. I mean, that's just insane.

Bearing in mind the PS3 version of GTA IV and RDR were sub-HD as well as worse AA I would think the 360 game is the safer option. 360 seems to cope better with open world better and while LA Noire was good on PS3, it lacked the Euphoria physics. I'm confident Rockstar has done a great job on both platforms though overall.

anddo0

Moosehole

Now I'm confused. The PSN Store says Tuesday at 12am pst, R* said Monday at 12am pst and now this. So when can I start my download?
From what I understand you can start preloading the game Monday, then either the game will unlock or you can download an unlock key at midnight.

EDIT: I stand corrected. See below.

Gaz_RB

WTF, this better be a mistake. I just bought the digital version today and cancelled my physical pre-order since R* said it'd be available to download on Monday morning.

Midnight launch at Gamestop it is.

Yes, but it boggles my mind how anyone could think the statement "I think the targeting reticule is bad" is a spoiler. I mean, that's just insane.

You and me both...

But I gave in to the spoiler thread so I'm already tainted haha

antitrop

I wasn't too hyped for the game during development since it wasn't even developed OR PUBLISHED by Rockstar Games
... what?

k0q1jLq.jpg

At least the download will be live at 12 Eastern as opposed to 12 Pacific like they normally do. That's 3 am for me.

Yep, that's better. I guess it's not too bad then. Regardless, I need to destroy my organic chemistry test on Monday, so I can be ready for this awesomeness come Tuesday.

HOLY SHIT YES!

Thanks for pre-ordering Grand Theft Auto V for Xbox 360 from the Microsoft online store.

We're happy to let you know that you're now guaranteed to receive it on the day it releases, September 17th! And you'll also be getting those 1600 Xbox points as part of the deal. So get ready, it's almost here.

Thanks for shopping at the Microsoft online store.

I...luh--luhhhvv...---I love you Microsoft.

Unicorn

Well, then this thread should simply be closed. People can just check out the official footage and info released by Rockstar!

I understand not wanting the actual game spoiled, but it's getting completely ridiculous in here. You can't even mention the game without someone telling you to keep it in the spoiler thread.
Honestly, it's just gaz.

Zukuu

Banned
Omg is rockstar serious? Now it's back to 12 am tuesday? I'm seriously pissed...

I mean, what's the reason anyway? Europe gets preload, so why not NA? For saving 8€ I need to deal with this shit... >_>

abundant

Omg is rockstar serious? Now it's back to 12 am tuesday? I'm seriously pissed...

I mean, what's the reason anyway? Europe gets preload, so why not NA? For saving 8€ I need to deal with this shit... >_>
For some reason SCEA won't allow preloads.

Sothpaw

Hmm 25-30fps is no good. Might have to just wait it out for the PC version.

Edit: Oh nice people are streaming. I'll just take a look and find the truth.

Edit 2: Closed instantly.

Errybody should just go to the midnight launches! I'm sure there will be some unruly characters there, so it should probably be fun.

My Best Buy is doing one, thank heavens. I had to get it from there, because I'm unemployed and literally have zero dollars. I sold TWENTY-NINE video games to them in exchange for a $160 gift card. It felt... real bad :( I never sell my video games, because they are the one thing I collect. But alas, desperate times call for stupid "I'll regret later" decisions.

Hey, at least I can get GTA V at midnight!

UrbanRats

My brother was so excited for this. I remember going to the rental store, looking at the cover, and thinking "Really? This?". And, as it turns out, the game was indeed shit.
even R* thought it was kind of shit.

In an interview, one of the Housers expressed his disappointment when, at E3, all the press was more excited by SoE than GTAIII.

BFIB

Well, the two buddies I have been trying to go PS3, decided to go 360 instead. I have the PS3 version pre-ordered, and let my Live lapse, since I can play online for free. Was hoping they would do the same.

Decisions, decisions!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Well, the two buddies I have been trying to go PS3, decided to go 360 instead. I have the PS3 version pre-ordered, and let my Live lapse, since I can play online for free. Was hoping they would do the same.

Decisions, decisions!

As Mr. Duke Nuke m says:

Always bet on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom