• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurrry

even R* thought it was kind of shit.

In an interview, one of the Housers expressed his disappointment when, at E3, all the press was more excited by SoE than GTAIII.

The lady at best buy tried to card me when I got this game. I was 12-13 at the time.

I had to have my fucking grandpa come into the store to buy it.. what a waste of everyones time that was....

Squire

Banned
Not for me and not for you, but you gotta respect other people's opinions too.

If there wasn't already a place to talk about spoilers and leaked gameplay, that'd be one thing, but this thread is a place to talk about GTAV without knowing much about the gameplay mechanics and features. A place to vent hype but still stay relatively in the dark.

Talking about framerate/performance is acceptable.

No one has ever taken performance impressions to a spoiler thread, so I don't see why they'd start doing so now, unless a mod is going to actually enforce it.

I know some people think GTA V is the second coming of Christ, but if this how far they want to go, they need to get a grip.

Gurrry

No one has ever taken performance impressions to a spoiler thread, so I don't see why they'd start doing so now, unless a mod is going to actually enforce it.

I know some people think GTA V is the second coming of Christ, but if this how far they want to go, they need to get a grip.

I think it has to do more with the fact that people who have played/seen the game are pushing their impressions on people who have avidly avoided seeing anything about it.

I want to go into the game with a completely fresh state of mind. I want to take my own analytic view to it without hearing anyone elses opinion first.

Squire

Banned
I think it has to do more with the fact that people who have played/seen the game are pushing their impressions on people who have avidly avoided seeing anything about it.

I want to go into the game with a completely fresh state of mind. I want to take my own analytic view to it without hearing anyone elses opinion first.

That's fine. I respect that. Don't read the thread if you don't want to read any tech-related impressions whatsoeover.

Those aren't spoilers, they've never been, and the rules don't suddenly change for GTA or any other game.

BFIB

Reddit is a spoiler minefield.

Be wary fellow travelers.

Yep, a buddy of mine warned me earlier, after he made his call having Roman ask me to go bowling. Said he made the mistake of checking out reddit, and was spoiled on 3 big things.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
I've been spoiled by the Neogaf New Topics twitter account before. Since it catches topics even if they're quickly deleted, trolls can spoil you through a topic title. Had it happen with Halo 4.

Gaz_RB

No, it's quite worrying. But at least it's better than 20-25 fps (GTA IV PS3).

Yeah, I wish they could have gotten it steady at 30. From what I've seen, the drops are when a serious amount of action is going, not when exploring and driving fast and stuff.. Which is good. Slowdown while speeding down the highway annoyed the shit out of me in GTA IV

That's fine. I respect that. Don't read the thread if you don't want to read any tech-related impressions whatsoeover.

Those aren't spoilers, they've never been, and the rules don't suddenly change for GTA or any other game.

There is virtually no one complaining about seeing technical impressions that hasn't left already.

It's the other impressions that bother people.

BraXzy

So uhh... I think Game wants people to know GTA V exists.. I could be wrong though!

http://www.game.co.uk/

skvrqGK.jpg

Well, the two buddies I have been trying to go PS3, decided to go 360 instead. I have the PS3 version pre-ordered, and let my Live lapse, since I can play online for free. Was hoping they would do the same.

Decisions, decisions!

you can get gold for free if you're silver ATM. i'm not posting the method because idk if it breaks neogaf's rules, but do some googling.

Gurrry

Yeah but when there is a spoiler thread and a non spoiler thread.. Id expect this to be a safe haven for zero spoilers.

Im not saying I really care.. the FPS info doesnt bother me..

And not coming to this thread is not an option for me. Im addicted.

Squire

Banned
Yeah but when there is a spoiler thread and a non spoiler thread.. Id expect this to be a safe haven for zero spoilers.

Im not saying I really care.. the FPS info doesnt bother me..

And not coming to this thread is not an option for me. Im addicted.

Performance related commentary isn't spoilers though.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm considering going to the midnight launch if I can get there after they start selling it. I really hate long lines, even more so at night.

If it goes down to 25fps in hectic situations I'll be fine with that. It's only when entering the lower 20s is where it can get annoying.

I'm sure some of us have played IV using ENB with SSAA running in the 15 -20fps mark, before FXAA got ported over. :)

I remember playing it at those framerates, which I didn't actually know it was that low until I turned on FRAPS.

Yay for the no spoiler thing here, I guess it's mostly safe to come back.

I wonder if there is a performance difference (especially with pop-in) with the digital vs. disc versions on PS3. I would imagine it would be quicker to stream the whole game off the HDD vs. half off the HDD and half off the slow blu ray drive.

All that should be streaming off the disc is video and radio content, maybe cutscenes or something but all of the important stuff is on the HDD.

avoiding spoilers for this is like that picture day episode of recess where they have to stay clean until their pic's taken

It's not that hard depending on what you consider a spoiler. I've seen a lot in the "SPOILER" thread, but none of it is really "nuclear spoiler" territory. And most of it that WAS heavy spoilers, members have been considerate enough to give warnings. Now my hunger is lessened and I can function like a normal human again, but I still don't really know anything.

It's really been no different than seeing gameplay demonstrations at E3. Y'know, without the developer lying about the console it's running on, or outright faking footage.

Gurrry

If it goes down to 25fps in hectic situations I'll be fine with that. It's only when entering the lower 20s is where it can get annoying.

I'm sure some of us have played IV using ENB with SSAA running in the 15 -20fps mark, before FXAA got ported over. :)

I remember playing it at those framerates, which I didn't actually know it was that low until I turned on FRAPS.

I dont remember any major FPS issues in GTAIV, RDR, or MP.

So if its anything like those games, it will be just fine.

That laugh means it's happrning, right? Majora's Mask 3D pls
Since it's my own life, I'm choosing to believe it's a "Hahaha, fuckin' right, we're gonna give this shit to you next year because we love you!" sort of laugh. Instead of the typical Nintendo laugh of "Hahaha, fuckin' right I smacked you upside the face again. Sure, go ahead, leave the house for the night! We both know you'll be back before sunrise!"

:(

Or maybe they'll release Majora's Mask on the 3DS at the same time the GTA V 3DS port arrives.

antitrop

I'm considering going to the midnight launch if I can get there after they start selling it. I really hate long lines, even more so at night.
It's because you won't be able to stop yourself from telling everyone in line that their favorite games are casualized, console mass-market garbage, tell the truth.

MrHawkins

Neo Member
For those who are playing, how is the audio? (I do not speak on the radio and music), but the sound, the noise of vehicles, pedestrians, etc. ... Is it good?
And for those who are playing with home theater, it makes a difference? In a police chase, it is possible to know which side the police is coming?

Gaz_RB

For those who are playing, how is the audio? (I do not speak on the radio and music), but the sound, the noise of vehicles, pedestrians, etc. ... Is it good?
And for those who are playing with home theater, it makes a difference? In a police chase, it is possible to know which side the police is coming?

Seems fine from what I've seen.

But they are selling those nice ass GTAV headphones, which must mean they have some confidence in their audio, I hope.

oxidax

Wouldnt that be the same as a midnight release?

Or am I stupid?

Ure not stupid but i ordered it dgtl because they said you could preload on monday. preload dgtl a day before+ unlock at 12n= Saved the trip + stuipid line and got the game on time.
Now you cant. Thats my issue. but whatever i guess

Amory

I was really surprised to see the special edition actually sell out.

It's weird because there's nothing particularly great about the special edition, when I ordered it it was pretty much an "eh why not" type deal.

Gurrry

I am super confused.

If you can download it at 12 am on Tuesday, that would be the same time as someone who goes to gamestop on Tuesday and buys a physical copy (minus the download time).

So whats the big deal besides having to wait for it to download?

EDIT: Ohhh shit, pre-load. Not download. My mistake. Thats why im confused.

D-Stubbs

I remember back at the IV midnight launch some dude rolled up in a taxi and had the driver wait while he picked up the game. I just remember thinking "Wow that is such a GTA way to pick up this game."

Gaz_RB

I am super confused.

If you can download it at 12 am on Tuesday, that would be the same time as someone who goes to gamestop on Tuesday and buys a physical copy (minus the download time).

Dude it's GTAV

Gotta get that shit as soon as possible! Download times can take too long

ppp7TzL.gif

coughlanio

I am super confused.

I'm also hoping that their may be a next-generation upgrade path for digital PSN versions, like what they're doing for Call of Duty, Battlefield, FIFA etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom