• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz_RB

lVhPLXh.jpg

Picked up my copy in LA about 3 hours ago. I have put about 90 minutes into it so far. I am liking the game so far I must say, judging by the Xbox videos I have seen compared to playing the PS3 version I wish I had gotten it on 360 (the store was not selling 360 versions yet). I am getting a lot of slow down on the PS3 version with dips into what seems like 18 - 20 fps fairly regularly. If you have both systems, at this point I would suggest the 360 version.

What PS3 do you have?

lVhPLXh.jpg

Picked up my copy in LA about 3 hours ago. I have put about 90 minutes into it so far. I am liking the game so far I must say, judging by the Xbox videos I have seen compared to playing the PS3 version I wish I had gotten it on 360 (the store was not selling 360 versions yet). I am getting a lot of slow down on the PS3 version with dips into what seems like 18 - 20 fps fairly regularly. If you have both systems, at this point I would suggest the 360 version.

Not surprising the 360 version turns out superior. They always do in open world games.

Zukuu

Banned
Maybe some people are less sensitive to framerate drops, or just don't care too much.

rather, one guy who wants the ps3 version to be inferior (or just thinks it is) and therefore sees things more drastic. Or his PS3 is faulty.

So far, I rather trust the majority of people, who all said it runs smooth.

King326

Does anyone know at what time exactly the game will be available to download on US PSN? (and in what timezone)
My friend told me its 12AM PST.. I will have double check that. It was in the description before you purchase the PSN pre order.

Chris R

I can't get the 360 version though since I want to try some online at least a few times... But if the PS3 version is that bad I might just switch.

It may be a bit of an exaggeration, but with as many people trying to download the game at the same time as you, the servers will be slammed.

This isnt TLOU. This is GTA. Its a different beast.

Sure the servers will get hammered, but just start the download, go to bed and say hi to GTA V in the morning. Now if your internet is complete shit, then why would you even consider downloading it?

DukeBobby

360 version running at a smooth 30fps, while PS3 dropping to 18-20?

C'mon, even RDR and GTA IV didn't have that kind of disparity, folks. I doubt it's a similar case here.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.

tookhster

We have people saying the PS3 version looks better and have people saying now that they wish they could've gotten the 360 version.

The important thing is that we can all agree the game looks damn fine on both consoles, so who cares?

360 version running at a smooth 30fps, while PS3 dropping to 18-20?

Even RDR and GTA IV didn't have that kind of disparity, folks.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.

That's not true at all. From everyone that are watching HD streams they both looked and ran on par.

Trickster

I can't get the 360 version though since I want to try some online at least a few times... But if the PS3 version is that bad I might just switch.

Basically my predicament as well. Don't want to pay just to try out the online stuff. But I don't really want to get the ps3 version if it's a lot worse than the 360 version ( and lets be hohest, historically, 360 versions og multiplat games are better )

We have people saying the PS3 version looks better and have people saying now that they wish they could've gotten the 360 version.

The important thing is that we can all agree the game looks damn fine on both consoles, so who cares?

Well if dips to 20 fps are a real thing on the ps3 version. Then I care, a lot.

lVhPLXh.jpg

What store?

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Actually the funny thing is you get some people saying it runs better on PS3 and others saying the opposite. What this tells me is that they both run pretty good and both will probably have the technical problems that open world games have on consoles.

Either way it is running and looking better than GTA IV did on either console.

mcfrank

It was killing some peoples consoles but others were just fine. I played through TLOU twice on my launch PS3 and had a great experience... not one crash. Others were crashing randomly though.

I also played the TLOU and did not have any issues except frame rate drops occasionally. I would compare the frame rate occasionally in GTAV to the walk up to the capitol building in TLOU

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Damn, I have been trying to kill some time by playing BOGT multiplayer and I end up getting disconnected after about 3 minutes multiple times. I hope this isn't indicative of what will happen for GTAO.

Anyhow priority #1 is to run ethernet down to the game room just to be sure it isn't an issue with my wireless connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom