• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hip Hop

Has anyone posted this?

ToysRUs will be giving out a $10GC and any Rockstar game priced at $19.99 for free with your GTA V purchase. Only valid Tuesday/Wednesday.

I might have to go there, but does anyone know if they do midnight launches?

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
Has anyone posted this?

ToysRUs will be giving out a $10GC and any Rockstar game priced at $19.99 for free with your GTA V purchase. Only valid Tuesday/Wednesday.

I might have to go there, but does anyone know if they do midnight launches?

They've done them in the past. I know for some COD releases. Give em a call tomorrow to check

This works out great.
3 more days of work to test my patience then I'll be so stressed out when I get GTA that I'll immediately play Trevor and light someone on fire.

We can only use one character at the start and the other two open up according to the previews and Trevor is probably not the one we start with, I'm guessing Michael since he was most featured and judging by the trailers the one that brings them together. Gonna have to go through probably a couple hours first.

The Flash

Banned
Got my shipping confirmation from Microsoft! YEEEAAAHHH!!

alvsec.gif

kazebyaka

Banned
360 or PS3?

P.S how was the performance?

Sorry it has been asked a lot.
PS3. Performance is alright, but can't really hold steady 30fps. Doesn't really surprises me, seeing what they did on a hardware from 2005. But its playable, much better than saints row or gta4 in terms of performance.

ZeroRay

I don't find it hard to believe that the 360 would have a more consistent framerate.

But judging it from streams is a bad idea as most of them run at around 25fps at best. Just glad that the graphical settings for both versions seem to be the same.

Vibranium

Banned
The media is going to have a field day with this game. Some of the shit I've seen makes Hot Coffee look tame as fuck.

I guess the time has come to see if Fox News has learned anything from the Mass Effect Sexbox 360 and Call of Duty segment embarassments (hint: they probably haven't).

The media is going to have a field day with this game. Some of the shit I've seen makes Hot Coffee look tame as fuck.

Good, time for abit of banging and full on nudity in video games.

If films can have it so can games.

Don't want little Jimmy to see a little Jimmy don't buy him an adults game.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
lVhPLXh.jpg

Picked up my copy in LA about 3 hours ago. I have put about 90 minutes into it so far. I am liking the game so far I must say, judging by the Xbox videos I have seen compared to playing the PS3 version I wish I had gotten it on 360 (the store was not selling 360 versions yet). I am getting a lot of slow down on the PS3 version with dips into what seems like 18 - 20 fps fairly regularly. If you have both systems, at this point I would suggest the 360 version.

PM'd

XAL

I believe both versions are almost identical, to a point, where it flat out just doesn't matters which you play.

Someone was claiming that PS3 phat play it drops to 20 sometimes in-city driving (haven't watched a high quality PS3 slim stream so I'm sure it's just the old hardware).

So far I haven't seen a drop that drastic in the 360 version in-city, but there is definitely the occasional framerate stutter to 25 when coming into a new area or swinging your camera quickly to reveal a more populated environment.

Both versions have about the same amount of pop-in.

In any case they're pretty much dead even, I wouldn't beat yourself up about deciding on which version to get - choose friends/controller as the deciding factor.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I played 3 hours last night and for some reason am too awed this morning to even continue just yet.

So thoughts so far:
* Makes GTAIV look like shit. I'll never be able to play it again. It really does feel like next-gen and the graphics I never expected from a GTA game. The main thing isn't the graphics though it's the story, dialogue, writing, missions, ui, shooting etc.
* Seamless cutscene transitions are amazing, they add so much to the experience but with something so subtle.
* The missions have all been crazy so far. Nothing boring where you simply drive from A to B and pick some guy up, no this is exciting and definitely you can't put the controller down once you start.
* The character switching is fun and makes everything feel even more fast-paced. It's like a JRPG party but real time action instead!
*All of those fucking radio stations. There must be like 20 or something.
*I actually care about the characters, first time in a GTA game. Story is great.
*Didn't see that intro coming by a longshot!

Another thing I noted is when the game gave an info. box about the random encounters. It said: "Events will happen all over San Andreas!" Of course technically the countryside portions of the game are San Andreas, but who knows, who knows.

Aleph

I played 3 hours last night and for some reason am too awed this morning to even continue just yet.

So thoughts so far:
* Makes GTAIV look like shit. I'll never be able to play it again. It really does feel like next-gen and the graphics I never expected from a GTA game. The main thing isn't the graphics though it's the story, dialogue, writing, missions, ui, shooting etc.
* Seamless cutscene transitions are amazing, they add so much to the experience but with something so subtle.
* The missions have all been crazy so far. Nothing boring where you simply drive from A to B and pick some guy up, no this is exciting and definitely you can't put the controller down once you start.
* The character switching is fun and makes everything feel even more fast-paced. It's like a JRPG party but real time action instead!
*All of those fucking radio stations. There must be like 20 or something.
*I actually care about the characters, first time in a GTA game. Story is great.
*Didn't see that intro coming by a longshot!

Another thing I noted is when the game gave an info. box about the random encounters. It said: "Events will happen all over San Andreas!" Of course technically the countryside portions of the game are San Andreas, but who knows, who knows.

EDIT: Sorry, thought it was the other thread.

Shame to hear the claims of "rock solid 30" from the first few streams are now being debunked.

It's not surprising, but it is a bit disappointing. Whilst it won't ruin the experience, I'm sure it will taint it a bit. Let's hope the PC version isn't more than a few months out!

Martian

So I spent some time in the Spoiler thread yesterday.
But I decided to pre order anyway, so this is going to be my main thread from now on.

Also: I found out that I am free on tuesday and wednesday, so this launch is going to be amazing

Fjordson

I mentioned this in the other thread, but for anyone who was worried about unskippable cutscenes, have no fear. Saw someone this morning skip a bunch on a stream to avoid spoilers. Still has the slick Max Payne 3 transitions, but you no longer get that "STILL LOADING" message when you try to skip something.

Zukuu

Banned
This thread is only for things that have been officially released by Rockstar, isn't it?

Your comment isn't officially released by Rockstar. Stop it.

In all seriousness tho, it's an OPINION, and by no means a spoiler. He isn't detailing anything at all. "Story is awesome" is not a spoiler. "The mission where Micheal shoots the cop in the foot is awesome" however is (just made up). There is a very obvious difference here. Also, Rockstar won't release opinions lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom