• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just decided to pre-order the 360 version at Bestbuy, doing store pickup on the day of release.

Wasn't really paying much attention to the pre-release hype, given my complete lack of console gaming for the last year+, but GTA is almost always top shelf and this one looks like it should be the same. Unlike GTAIV, I'm virtually unspoiled in terms of seeing much of the environmental work beforehand so I should go into the experience quite fresh.

rouken

It sucks seeing all those people play it early because of illegal means -_-

I would have wished that there's a rule from publishers and stores that if the game leaks early, it will be sold early.

Gurrry

not sure if posted but

1379130082346.png

Ill believe it when I see it.

Could the delay of GTAV be contributed to needing extra time to develop the game for next-gen?

Hmmmmm

mcfrank

Played through a night sequence and the framerate was much better at night (and the game looks better at night IMO) seems to mainly dip in the dense parts of the city. The beach area was fine.

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
My friend told me its 12AM PST.. I will have double check that. It was in the description before you purchase the PSN pre order.

I checked R* twitter and they responded to a tweet confirming that the West Coast (pst) will be able to start downloading at 9pm, while the East Coast (est) will be able to at 12am. Sorry I can't link, on mobile.

Amagon

I would have wished that there's a rule from publishers and stores that if the game leaks early, it will be sold early.

Its been done before actually a few years back. Wish I remember what game/company did that?

Pagusas

Elden Member
Not much use to anyone who wants to buy the game the first week, or so.

You could always return it on account it wasn't what you expected/was advertised (which is both games being nearly identical) Amazon has let me return multiplat games for that reason before after a few weeks, same with best buy.

mcfrank

It's rare that major stores break the street date. It's usually the small independent stores that have no idea what they're doing and ignore the "Do not sell until (date)" sticker.

The place I go to knows exactly what they are doing. They won't give you a receipt and they cut the bar code off the packaging for some reason.

d31m0s

Yeah, but drops to 18-20fps?

I seriously doubt it's that bad.

I do as well a normal person can tell drops under 20 i never knew what framerate was but when i played FO3 on my old PC i could just feel it was not running right and it was running 18-19 FPS average after research.So the naked eye can feel it 25 is not noticable that much.I never could tell with OoT at least

rouken

I do as well a normal person can tell drops under 20 i never knew what framerate was but when i played FO3 on my old PC i could just feel it was not running right and it was running 18-19 FPS average after research.So the naked eye can feel it 25 is not noticable that much.I never could tell with OoT at least

if it runs the same as red dead redemption on ps3, then im all good with it. but i guess some people really take fps drops seriously like their life dependent on it.

it's game breaking if it consistently stays in the 20fps zone but occasional drops should be tolerated for a game this big.

mcfrank

if it runs the same as red dead redemption on ps3, then im all good with it. but i guess some people really take fps drops seriously like their life dependent on it.

it's game breaking if it consistently stays in the 20fps zone but occasional drops should be tolerated for a game this big.

It is not game breaking.

Hip Hop

It is not game breaking.

20FPS becomes unplayable at that point. If that is constant, that is bad for a game.

I doubt it will be like that. Hits that take it that way down should be tolerable for a game like this. I doubt its constant and its just a few instances where it happens.

It is officially the weekend

Meaning tomorrow is Sunday

And then Monday

AND THEN MIDNIGHT LUNCH

Oh man. How many hours are you all anticipating clocking in on launch day? Since I'm unemployed, I'm guessing somewhere in the 14 hour area for myself

And then Monday

AND THEN MIDNIGHT LUNCH

Oh man. How many hours are you all anticipating clocking in on launch day? Since I'm unemployed, I'm guessing somewhere in the 14 hour area for myself

In just under 9hrs it will be Sunday here. ;)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This works out great.
3 more days of work to test my patience then I'll be so stressed out when I get GTA that I'll immediately play Trevor and light someone on fire.

mcfrank

20FPS becomes unplayable at that point. If that is constant, that is bad for a game.

I doubt it will be like that. Hits that take it that way down should be tolerable for a game like this. I doubt its constant and its just a few instances where it happens.

So far, on my launch ps3 it has been solid 90% of the time but then has significant dips every once in a while. Not game breaking by any means, but makes me wish I had the 360 version (assuming it is as stable as the streams have led me to believe)

Gurrry

And then Monday

AND THEN MIDNIGHT LUNCH

I wanted to take off of work, but decided to be responsible and not do that.

Ill probably get it on midnight, play until about 1-2 and pass the eff out.

Probably call in sick to work the next day, and the next, and the next... then quit my job.

Then sell all my shit and become a homeless man.

Thanks GTA.

UnrealEck

Pretty much every console title would be sold early then. Console games are often leaked a week or more before release. I'm surprised GTA V was only just leaked a day ago.

Gangxxter

that's the benefit of Steam-only games: they don't get leaked.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I have a 3 hour night class on monday from 6-9:10 and I know we're watching some video for an hour and forty minutes. I am going to only be thinking about this and it will be a living hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom