• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Shame to hear the claims of "rock solid 30" from the first few streams are now being debunked.

It's not surprising, but it is a bit disappointing. Whilst it won't ruin the experience, I'm sure it will taint it a bit. Let's hope the PC version isn't more than a few months out!
I'm not well versed in FPS or anything but the game is definitely choppy when it comes to driving. It still looks beautiful and doesn't distract for me personally as I've never had a gaming PC, but those of you into that kind of thing may want to wait for the PC version.

I'm not well versed in FPS or anything but the game is definitely choppy when it comes to driving. It still looks beautiful and doesn't distract for me personally as I've never had a gaming PC, but those of you into that kind of thing may want to wait for the PC version.

Wait for this game? Not a chance :p

I'm very sensitive to framerate these days, but I'll deal with it for GTA. As long as I get the PC version later down the road for the definitive version I'll be happy!

RaikuHebi

Banned
Wait for this game? Not a chance :p

I'm very sensitive to framerate these days, but I'll deal with it for GTA. As long as I get the PC version later down the road for the definitive version I'll be happy!
Haha if I had a gaming PC I certainly wouldn't wait. That's for double-dipping is for :p. You can think of the PC version as the HD upgrade haha.

Tekku

Just got my shipping confirmation! Oh yes, I think I'm gonna get it one day early! :D

vpv.gif

They will all the orders are just there ready to go, no point processing that early if they don't.

Have faith I just want it Tuesday screw this early bullshit.

As long as it comes by Tuesday I can't complain, I just don't trust the Royal Mail to get it here by then if they don't dispatch til Monday.
The last time I pre-ordered a game with Amazon, they sent it the day before and it came late.

As long as it comes by Tuesday I can't complain, I just don't trust the Royal Mail to get it here by then if they don't dispatch til Monday.
The last time I pre-ordered a game with Amazon, they sent it the day before and it came late.

With them it's usually dispatched two working days before so Saturday and Monday no idea what happens on Sunday.

If they dispatch on Monday ill be concerned.

People here who claim that it's because of the Launch PS3's that GTA V runs bad must be out of their mind. There is no difference between the launch or slim versions when we are talking about raw technical specs. Sure, the power supply uses up less power, but the GPU, CPU and RAM is the same. If it runs with a somewhat low framerate on the Launch consoles you can bet that it will do the same on the Slim consoles. The only reason games like The Last of Us were killing or freezing some older consoles was probably because these were already down to their knees. Consoles these days do not have the lifespan of the NES or PS2.

Zukuu

Banned
People here who claim that it's because of the Launch PS3's that GTA V runs bad must be out of their mind. There is no difference between the launch or slim versions when we are talking about raw technical specs. Sure, the power supply uses up less power, but the GPU, CPU and RAM is the same. If it runs with a somewhat low framerate on the Launch consoles you can bet that it will do the same on the Slim consoles. The only reason games like The Last of Us were killing or freezing some older consoles was probably because these were already down to their knees. Consoles these days do not have the lifespan of the NES or PS2.
Phat uses different hardware, which could cause special problems. It might yield the same power, but you can achieve that with (skightly) different hardware components.

While I don't think it's the phat that causes the FPS drops (it drops to 25 fps on both versions apparently), they're not 100% the same. That's why TLOU were causing problems with custom HDDs that exceed 500gb afair.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
he said he has a launch 60gb. Maybe it just doesnt behave well with the launch console.

Or his BR drive is slowly giving up - I had similar stuttering/loading problems with disc-based games (Uncharted 3 was almost unplayable) on my launch PS3 and then my drive suddenly stopped working. After major clean up, it started to work, but good thing is that I replaced HDD with larger one, so all games are played from the HDD.

Phat uses different hardware, which could cause special problems. It might yield the same power, but you can achieve that with (skightly) different hardware components.

While I don't think it's the phat that causes the FPS drops (it drops to 25 fps on both versions apparently), they're not 100% the same. That's why TLOU were causing problems with custom HDDs that exceed 500gb afair.

The people mentioning drops to 18-20. Have they seen that with their own eyes, or are we guessing numbers now and is it actually around 25?

I can rest easy. I just watched some PS3 footage. It runs fine and only has some slight stuttering when loading new area's. By any I can say it looks better than the 360 version, but I guess that is because I have seen better quality in comparison to what has been shown on the 360 so far.

You can not go wrong with either version by the looks of it.

bar mitzvah

Neo Member
Got the game today on PS3. So far, it runs well and feels responsive. It drops below 30 every so often, but it runs well when it matters. No complaints.

However, I cannot wait to see this on PC, because god damn there is a lot of aliasing. It's mitigated by what is likely FXAA, but I would love to see this at native 1080p with AA.

Got the game today on PS3. So far, it runs well and feels responsive. It drops below 30 every so often, but it runs well when it matters. No complaints.

However, I cannot wait to see this on PC, because god damn there is a lot of aliasing. It's mitigated by what is likely FXAA, but I would love to see this at native 1080p with AA.

I saw the same thing in that 360 direct feed footage from (sethos I believe) and the jaggies were the one thing that is most distracting. Guess we all have to live with it. This is no Just Cause 2 where the only thing of wonder is the landscape and nothing else.

jbm4UAMzUpLtUi.jpg

Amazon sent me the game yesterday and it arrived today! :D

(sorry for the webcam photo, digicam is dead.)
Awww shit. Did your order still say it was expected on the 17th?

I had 'dispatching now' since yesterday afternoon, and just got an email this morning saying it was sent and my card was charged.

Danny 117

Awww shit. Did your order still say it was expected on the 17th?

I had 'dispatching now' since yesterday afternoon, and just got an email this morning saying it was sent and my card was charged.

Yes. Expected delivery was Tuesday 17th. I was pretty surprised when I heard the thud of the game hitting the floor along with my post this morning!

Demathe

Neo Member
Install doesn't take that long fortunately (PS3 version)

anyways, after a few short hours of sleep I'm back in San Andreas!

people will be discussing frame rate until they actually play the game themselves (and long after) and it's unavoidable that people will experience the performance of the game differently, but believe me when I say that after what, 7-8 hours of playing, I've never been bothered by the frame rate or anything else. The game is so good in every facet that you just won't care about hiccups or whatnot, you'll be too busy having fun.

I've seen both versions (obviously spent a lot more time with the PS3 version since that's the one I got) and to me the only deciding factors in choosing which version to get should be controller preference and which version most of your friends are getting for GTO.

I've seen both versions (obviously spent a lot more time with the PS3 version since that's the one I got) and to me the only deciding factors in choosing which version to get should be controller preference and which version most of your friends are getting for GTO.

Goddamn you are making the wait even more unbearable. Glad to hear that the framerate is up to snuff!

ufo8mycat

Maybe some people are less sensitive to framerate drops, or just don't care too much.

Yeah and this is why people should just wait and play it themselves, as everyone has different sensitivity levels.

Me ? It makes no difference enjoyment experience wise whether its going at 60fps or 30fps or even 30fps with the occasional dips to 20fps.

I guess I should be grateful that I ain't to sensitive but if it's say a constant 20fps for a long period of time, then it's a problem.

The framerate is fine and doesn't hinder the experience for the majority of people I would say, as most are not that sensitive to framerates.

Any reports on the game running at a constant 20fps?

Yes. Expected delivery was Tuesday 17th. I was pretty surprised when I heard the thud of the game hitting the floor along with my post this morning!
Don't do this to me brah! My post doesn't usually come till around 11 or 12. I suppose I'll found out either way a couple hours from now..but I have to ask..did yours say it was actually dispatched (and you were charged) yesterday? Like I said I had that confirmation this morning, so I it's hard to say.

Not even GTA IV and RDR dropped to a constant 20 fps on the PS3. It would have been a developing nightmare by Rockstar if they somehow managed that with this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom