• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny 117

Don't do this to me brah! My post doesn't usually come till around 11 or 12. I suppose I'll found out either way a couple hours from now..but I have to ask..did yours say it was actually dispatched (and you were charged) yesterday? Like I said I had that confirmation this morning, so I it's hard to say.

I was told it was dispatched and my card charged at around 11am yesterday morning. Probably since I'm in N.Ireland they sent it a bit earlier to make sure it arrived.

Yes this is Amazon UK btw.

I was told it was dispatched and my card charged at around 11am yesterday morning. Probably since I'm in N.Ireland they sent it a bit earlier to make sure it arrived.

Yes this is Amazon UK btw.
Ah, makes sense. I won't hold my breath for today then. Monday would be nice, of course. Have fun with it, yo!

edit: Weird I can't track it via Royal Mail tracked. Can anyone else?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Has this been posted? Game config files which list PC and PS4.

DVydMcl.png

With them it's usually dispatched two working days before so Saturday and Monday no idea what happens on Sunday.

If they dispatch on Monday ill be concerned.

Yeah, I was expecting Saturday, but apparently their customer service has said to people that it'll be Monday. It could all be bullshit though.
If they don't dispatch today, it's gonna feel like Shopto and Amazon switched places.

CoolZombie

This wait is driving me nuts. Tried two independent stores yesterday (Birmingham, England) and no dice. Guess it'll be early Tuesday morning :-(

I'm not going to survive this, guys. My friend that works at the same store as me in the weekends sent me a picture of the GTAV delivery. Ouch.

But that's not even the worst part. The worst part is that tuesday, when I have to work, I'm going to have to sell the game to people. People who will then leave the store to play this legendary game. People who wilI have sex with it. And I will look them in the eye and they will see my suffering.

God help me. Someone, please help me.

Oh man you guys are making this wait for the postie real hard. Should probably do some shitty errands before he comes in anticipation (he's really excited for GTAV).
I'm off to Worcester this afternoon I'll check any independents.
Aww yeah! I went to uni there. If you see a preacher type outside of Smiths called Andrew, tell him Sean the Journalism student said what's up ;)

Cant wait for tuesday. Sad to hear that the frame rate isnt as solid as previously implied, but as long as the drops arent too frequent everything else sounds good. I cant wait to drive around and take in the atmosphere!

Oh man you guys are making this wait for the postie real hard. Should probably do some shitty errands before he comes in anticipation.Aww yeah! I went to uni there. If you see a preacher type outside of Smiths called Andrew, tell him Sean the Journalism student said what's up ;)

I went to Worcester Uni as well bro!

Yeah I will lol!

dandoolan

Jealous of those who received so early from Amazon UK, I ordered from them and it's still listed as Dispatching Now.

My guess is that the majority of these will dispatch today, and a certain percentage of them will arrive for people on Monday.

Same.

Also, these reports of the Ps3 version dropping to 20 fps are breaking my heart. I guess I'll just have to wait and see with my own eyes.

It has been one person who said that without playing the game and it has been mentioned here as being false. Plenty of people who have the PS3 version and they say it runs absolutely fine.

The guy probably watched a stream that was choppy because of the internet connection and thought it was the game.

bidguy

Banned
shit i got gears of war 3, 4 days early and halo 4, 3 days early but i guess ive got no luck with this game. amazon germany is slow as fuck

shit i got gears of war 3, 4 days early and halo 4, 3 days early but i guess ive got no luck with this game. amazon germany is slow as fuck

It is like Rockstar's dispatch mail where they politely ask not to ship the game before the release date was send by God. Some of them actually listen.

Hixx

Wait, people are seriously getting Amazon orders?

What the fuck is the point in having prime if the free delivery would get me the pre-orders 3 days quicker?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
lVhPLXh.jpg

Picked up my copy in LA about 3 hours ago. I have put about 90 minutes into it so far. I am liking the game so far I must say, judging by the Xbox videos I have seen compared to playing the PS3 version I wish I had gotten it on 360 (the store was not selling 360 versions yet). I am getting a lot of slow down on the PS3 version with dips into what seems like 18 - 20 fps fairly regularly. If you have both systems, at this point I would suggest the 360 version.

Ugh, that's disgusting to hear. May have to cancel my pre-order, really don't want to play another running-shitty-as-hell GTA... Dammit Rockstar, have you actually fucked it up again?

EDIT: Ok, other people are saying it's not that bad. Drops to 25 every now and then I can deal with, just not frequent drops all the way down to 20 (or even lower *vomits*). Let's hope mcfrank is just exaggerating the issue.

Certinty

Glad I cancelled my PS3 version preorder a few days ago and went for the 360 one now. Can't believe they would do this after showing footage of the PS3 one though.

Dabanton

Has anyone in the UK mainland got a copy from Amazon or is it just people from Ireland?

They really should have done a Friday release. The gap in the weekend has fucked everything up.

Raxious

For those curious about the PS3 version:

Remember, so far we've had 2 people talking about the game that actually got it. One is saying he's gettin drops below 20 FPS, while the other stated the FPS isn't always 30, but not noticeable enough to not enjoy the game, and states it's pretty much on par with the Xbox 360 version.

Also, I've been watching a stream of the PS3 version, and it's looking fantastic, haven't seen any drops in the past 4 hours.

Dries

Wow, people are cancelling pre-orders after one single post of impressions by some random dude? Even after countless people have said the PS3 version is fine and that is no difference?

wow

I have a friend who played both the 360 version and the PS3 version of the game, and he swears that the PS3 version is superior this time around. And he is a Xbox guy, so hearing this from him was really surprising.

I'm hearing conflicting stories all around about the PS3 FPS. At the top of this page there is a dude saying controller pref should be tour biggest worries and in the spoilers thread people are saying the PS3 streams is running fine....

Guess we have to wait for an tech analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom