• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwtsonga

bros do not worry about the framerate it will be good enough. Most of the time it stays at 30 fps so its all good right? Both versions will have dips. Apparently the 360 version has more pop in. So really each platform has its strengths and weaknesses. Just get whatever console verison you want.

Then obviously get it on PC when/if that happens :-D

Alright, headed to bed guys. Seriously the game is really fun and be excited about that. If all you have is a PS3, you are getting a really fun game. I am about 5 hours in now and there have been 2 or 3 missions already that are better than anything in GTA 4.

Surly nothing can be better than that mission in IV where you throw a brick through the window.

Framerate is honestly the least of my concerns in free roamable titles especially when it is on these current gen consoles. The only thing I want to know is if the resolution is 720p on the PS3 and not some sub-hd crap that was present on RDR in comparison to the 360 version.
That would be terrible and honestly I'm not even considering the possibility, didn't we have some confirmation the Ps3 version is also natively rendering at 720p? Like from some trailer analysis, don't quite remember.

If it is sub-hd, fool me thrice fuck me I guess, Rockstar.

Martian

Fuck me, some asshole on youtube just posted a major ending spoiler on an unrelated video.

Now I am hoping he is wrong (like some dude that ''spoiled'' TDKR for me (which turned out to be false))

Lame.

Hanmik

Eh, he is just giving his impressions. Nothing wrong with that. He shouldn't have to give any "evidence".

And he, you know, actually has played the game. You have not.
I'm sure the PS3 version is just fine. A few framedrops here and there won't deter me from having fun. Not in the slightest.

You are right.. It´s just his post where he advises people to buy the 360 version that seems stupid.. he has only played the PS3 version, and has only seen streams of 360 version, and yet he clearly stated that people who have both consoles should buy the X360 version.. ehhh .

UrbanRats

Has this been posted? Game config files which list PC and PS4.

DVydMcl.png

How legit is this? What's the source?

more PC leaked stuff

this post on GTAforums shows the difference between console and PC limits. gives you a rough idea on how the difference between consoles and PC version

http://gtaforums.com/topic/529168-for-the-pc-people-from-r/page-174#entry1063308980
Damn.

KAP151

Fuck me, some asshole on youtube just posted a major ending spoiler on an unrelated video.

Now I am hoping he is wrong (like some dude that ''spoiled'' TDKR for me (which turned out to be false))

Lame.

Should be using a Comment Snub or similar add on bud. Takes away any chance of that happening.

Dries

The only thing I want to know is if the resolution is 720p on the PS3 and not some sub-hd crap that was present on RDR in comparison to the 360 version.

THIS.

I really would like to know this also. Can anyone with the PS3 version comment?

Radec

Told myself that I'll be getting this 2nd hand, went to the mall earlier and saw some posters.. so what the hell.. preordered anyway.

Got this back2back poster, not sure if I'm getting the Blimp though.

Ensirius

THIS.

I really would like to know this also. Can anyone with the PS3 version comment?

It is 720p.

At least my tv says so

To clarify my earlier comment. Game is fucking amazing. It looks gorgeous. Fps are excellent. No sub 25 fps on my end (ps3)

rouken

It is 720p.

At least my tv says so

To clarify my earlier comment. Game is fucking amazing. It looks gorgeous. Fps are excellent. No sub 25 fps on my end (ps3)

good to know :)

maybe that one guy who said around 20fps is really just sensitive to these kind of things, i know i'm not and people shouldn't really worry about it.

paischtu

Neo Member
It is 720p.

At least my tv says so

That's what it'll always say. The RDR Version was just lower resolution upscaled to 720p IIRC

Quidam

Other than playing for ourselves, is the best way of finding out whether the PS3 version has any issues reading professional reviews? I don't like how hyped up people get on here based on one or two off-hand comments.

[SPOILER FREE PS3 vs 360 INFORMATION]

Okay everyone. I just decided to watch two streams. One is from the PS3 (high quality HD) and the other from Sethos 360 (Direct-Feed HD). I have been comparing a lot of things from framerate to texture quality.

Either they are both 720p or below that but they look damn identical. I even took into consideration that the stream from the PS3 is not direct-feed, so some artifacts will always be present. There is no denying that Rockstar did a stellar job on both.

I have seen the entire 24 hour cycle on both. Jaggies become much more present on both systems in the middle of the day but when night falls they are almost non-existent. Framerate drops are present but when you compare it to GTA IV it is a definite night and day difference.

So.. Judging by streams (which are both very high in quality) you can not go wrong with either of these versions. Even if there is going to be a difference I honestly believe the difference is never going to reach the RDR's 360 vs PS3 level.

I hope I am not breaking any laws here by posting these impressions from the streams. I just want to give some reassurance to a lot people here. If this goes against the rules setup in this thread I will gladly edit this post

Dries

Okay everyone. I just decided to watch two streams. One is from the PS3 (high quality HD) and the other from Sethos 360 (Direct-Feed HD). I have been comparing a lot of things from framerate to texture quality.

Either they are both 720p or below that but they look damn identical. I even took into consideration that the stream from the PS3 is not direct-feed, so some artifacts will always be present. There is no denying that Rockstar did a stellar job on both.

I have seen the entire 24 hour cycle on both. Jaggies become much more present on both systems in the middle of the day but when night falls they are almost non-existent. Framerate drops are present but when you compare it to GTA IV it is a definite night and day difference.

So.. Judging by streams (which are both very high in quality) you can not go wrong with either of these versions. Even if there is going to be a difference I honestly believe the difference is never going to reach the RDR's 360 vs PS3 level.

I hope I am not breaking any laws here by posting these impressions from the streams. I just want to give some reassurance to a lot people here. If this goes against the rules setup in this thread I will gladly edit this post

Good impressions, but I think the only way to know for sure if a game is 720p is to have some pixel-counter from Beyond3d o rso do their thang,

UrbanRats

I asked before but no clear answer: any tearing on 360? Ps3 is usually Vsynced, but it's a problem with 360.

Good impressions, but I think the only way to know for sure if a game is 720p is to have some pixel-counter from Beyond3d o rso do their thang,

I know and I was not trying to give people the impression that I think either one of the versions is 720p or below. I see with my own eyes that they look identical. They do not look blurry or have this vaseline filter present that was there on the GTA IV and RDR PS3 version. I am not some incoherent fanboy who seems to put the PS3 on the pedestal no matter what considering I have both systems and I'd rather have the best version. But there really is no ''best'' version by the looks of it.

I asked before but no clear answer: any tearing on 360? Ps3 is usually Vsynced, but it's a problem with 360.

I do not know. I am really not that susceptible to screen tearing. Never have been. I know some people tend to go crazy when it has that. I hope someone here who has the PS3 or 360 version can give an answer to that question.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yeah, why would anyone put stock in one opinion?

Wait for the majority vote here, guys. I truly believe that Rockstar has had more than enough time to learn the intricacies of the PS3 hardware. This is a game that's been in development for nearly 5 years, and I don't even need to mention the budget, do I? I somehow doubt they're going to pull a Bethesda on this one.

It would certainly be embarrassing for them if they've managed to do as poor a job with the PS3 version as they did with IV, so let's hope you're right. At least we know both versions are 720p native this time around, right?

I have a question for those who have the PS3 version: Can the game be installed to the hard drive? I have a fat 60GB launch system, and even though my blu ray drive hasn't given me a problem so far, it would be more convenient to stream the game from the hard drive than from the disk.

Tried to talk a local small store owner into selling it to me. He didn't even have it yet and then told me that he didn't dare even if he did, he was forced to sign a contract saying he would pay 50.000 euros if he sold early lol..

I have a question for those who have the PS3 version: Can the game be installed to the hard drive? I have a fat 60GB launch system, and even though my blu ray drive hasn't given me a problem so far, it would be more convenient to stream the game from the hard drive than from the disk.

There is a mandatory 8+GB installation.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
So pissed off that people are getting it today from Amazon. I specifically didn't order from them because stuff never comes early from them. So I pay extra to order from ShoppeTwo and that's probably arriving on Tuesday... what's going on?

Similar story for many of you I imagine... so annoyed.

Ensirius

Is that done by pressing triangle on the game menu?

If so, no option there to install the whole BD.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It is 720p.

At least my tv says so

That doesn't actually mean anything though. PS360 games are never output at anything lower than 720p (unless you're playing on an SDTV, of course). In cases where the internal rendering resolution is lower than that the game is upscaled to 720p before being output.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
woke up this morning to see an Amazon parcel on my door mat.

go down stairs like a small child at Christmas only to find out it's some batteries I ordered like 3 weeks ago.

day ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom