• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
woke up this morning to see an Amazon parcel on my door mat.

go down stairs like a small child at Christmas only to find out it's some batteries I ordered like 3 weeks ago.

day ruined.

Everyone knows that feeling :(

Ever heard something heavy drop through the letterbox, then you rush downstairs only to find that its a shitty catalogue?

I have a weird feeling that I may end up buying two copies of this game. I just can't shake the feeling that it will be released for PS4 and I will not have any self control to ignore it :/ *sigh* Oh well... Three more days! :D

solarus

I know it's common sense but do not go to gtaforums, entered a thread and the first reply was completely unrelated to the topic and was a huge fucking spoiler. First and last time I visit that site.

MattyH

I know it's common sense but do not go to gtaforums, entered a thread and the first reply was completely unrelated to the topic and was a huge fucking spoiler. First and last time I visit that site.

the thread about the shop of 2 preorders is hilarious

Is that done by pressing triangle on the game menu?

If so, no option there to install the whole BD.
Well, that sucks. I still haven't decided which version to get but I am still leaning towards the PS3 version, since I don't have XBL and I want to play GTA: Online when it releases. Shame that hdd install is not supported.

CanaryRob

my GAME order says its been shipped, i'm sure its wrong though

Mine got 'shipped' on Thursday from GAME, even got the email confirmation. Pretty sure it's gone through the system and is sitting in the corner of the warehouse awaiting pick up by Royal Fail on Monday.

My heart did flutter this morning when the curtain across the front door was bulging, but was some oversized letter from the local council.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I know Giant Bomb and IGN reviews will be live Monday, guessing it's the same for everyone else.

Unfortunately they've both most likely been playing the 360 version, and they're probably not gonna talk much about any performance issues anyway (at least not IGN, judging by their recent preview/PR for the game).

Can we expect DF to already have access to both versions of the game? I doubt it, Rockstar probably doesn't want any such comparisons out until after launch.

dandoolan

Why's that?

Because next day deliveries are done through couriers who guarantee the delivery date, this means Amazon don't even try to ship those ones until the last minute, because they can be certain it will reach the customer on release day either way.

Royal Mail on the other hand is a lot less reliable, so Amazon ship those a couple of days earlier to stick to their release day promise, which results in some people getting them early.

Fjordson

Unfortunately they've both most likely been playing the 360 version, and they're probably not gonna talk much about any performance issues anyway (at least not IGN, judging by their recent preview/PR for the game).

Can we expect DF to already have access to both versions of the game? I doubt it, Rockstar probably doesn't want any such comparisons out until after launch.
I doubt they'll gloss over any truly glaring problems. Giant Bomb had a decent amount of info in their recent Saints Row 4 review about the technical issues of the console versions and stressed that the PC version was preferable. Was reviewed by Jeff Gerstmann and he's also doing the GTA V review for them.

But I'm betting Digital Foundry and others will find little different between the two versions. Both of them look excellent.

From the Amazon thread. :)

So yeah, this just happened.

1240623_10153235661215257_1108350297_n.jpg

I ordered from Amazon, for what it's worth. (And for those who don't understand a Derry Irish accent - you racist fucks :p - I say 'YEEEEEEEEEEES LEEEEEEEEEED' at the end of the linked Vine).

Mine is on the way! Hopefully arrives Monday
please postie
. I haven't been excited for a GTA game since Vice city and after the horrible experience of IV I never thought I would look forward to playing GTA again.

GenericUser

Don't know if its too spoilerish but can someone who played it say something about how smooth the controls are? I just recently tried to play gta4 and it was a pain in the ass. Felt clunky and aiming and shooting at a target felt unnecessary difficult. Just wanna know how walking, shooting, jumping and so on is implemented this time. Huge factor that keeps me from replaying gta4.

Don't know if its too spoilerish but can someone who played it say something about how smooth the controls are? I just recently tried to play gta4 and it was a pain in the ass. Felt clunky and aiming and shooting at a target felt unnecessary difficult. Just wanna know how walking, shooting, jumping and so on is implemented this time. Huge factor that keeps me from replaying gta4.

Pretty sure that should be answered in the spoiler thread.

I am extremely curious to know how dense the traffic is, particularly on the freeways, but again I don't want that answered here. I want to be surprised.

G_Berry

Banned
OK GAF, no more fucking around.

We need to find out which version performs the best. There are enough people out there with copies (some with both versions) for us to work this shit out.

Not many days left now!

GenericUser

Think so too, and I was about to post this in the spoiler thread first, but then again I thought that I might accidently read something that I don't want to know (basically everything else apart from the mechanics) and so I asked that question here.

But I understand if that is too much to ask for right now, people are real sensitive when it comes to spoilers about this game - but this only shows how much they are looking forward to the game.

dandoolan

I am extremely curious to know how dense the traffic is, particularly on the freeways, but again I don't want that answered here. I want to be surprised.

Surely we shouldn't have to venture into the spoiler thread to find out peoples impressions of the controls?

I would have thought discussing the controls was no different from discussing the frame rate. And for my money would be 1000 times more interesting to read.

Maybe someone could clarify what's alright to talk about here. But I would love to know how the controls feel and won't be venturing into the spoiler thread to find out.

Yesterday someone in this thread mentioned the controls felt smoother than GTA IV, without going much into detail though.

waypoetic

Banned
OK GAF, no more fucking around.

We need to find out which version performs the best. There are enough people out there with copies (some with both versions) for us to work this shit out.

Not many days left now!

For those of us that only have a PS3 or a 360, this isn't a must-know. I didn't care that the 360 version of Read Dead looked better, i bought the PS3 anyway - of course. Don't let this thread become a console war...

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Again, this hurts my brain. How is the controls being smooth or not a spoiler? Is it that you don't want any expectations at all on the game that could possibly lead to disappointment in case someone was overselling it?

microtubule

Wow do I feel dumb. Every time someone mentioned Kavinsky I thought it was some Russian spy.

I know this video has been post before but it must be posted again for those who have missed it. I have it on repeat.

G_Berry

Banned
For those of us that only have a PS3 or a 360, this isn't a must-know. I didn't care that the 360 version of Read Dead looked better, i bought the PS3 anyway - of course. Don't let this thread become a console war...

I should've mentioned I have both consoles so for people like me, its very important.

Ragus

Banned
Fuck, I was so close to getting in earlier. The package with my ordered game is already in my city, and I went to the delivery service station to pick it up, but they said that they can't hand me the package today, as it's saturday.

Monday 9:00 am however...

Its pretty important to people with access to both consoles. It not about "console war". If I have an option then I would rather get the version that is better. Even if better is only by a slight margin.

If you only have one console then you can freely avoid any such comments/articles.

TheContact

I know it's just a developer quote but Dan said that both versions will be virtually identical, so just get whatever one you would rather play on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom