• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnz

Aircraft controls were always superb in GTA games in my opinion. I have no worries.

My BIGGEST problem from what I have seen in terms of airplanes is that the
camera of the aircraft moves WITH the plane when you fly ( if you fly left, the camera rotates left too, like SR) I hate that personally ( SA never did that)
Really wish it's optional.

MCN

Banned
What? Why? Why not just use the analog stick? And if they feel its absolutely necessary hold down a button to sprint.

If you use the analogue to sprint, then walking becomes a pain in the arse. And walking around a GTA city is one of life's little pleasures. As it is, you get 3 basic speeds. Just using the analogue is a nice leisurely walk, taking in the sights and sounds of a wonderfully realised city. Holding the button is jogging. Maybe you're wanting to get into a taxi, or catch a train before it leaves. Hammering the holy shit out of the button is when you're like OH FUCK RUN FORREST RUN!

My BIGGEST problem from what I have seen in terms of airplanes is that the
camera of the aircraft moves WITH the plane when you fly ( if you fly left, the camera rotates left too, like SR) I hate that personally ( SA never did that)
Really wish it's optional.

I've seen
some footage where the player has moved it all around the plane, so I wouldn't worry.

If i've learned anything from watching streams the last couple days across both platforms, it would be to NOT worry. Pretty much everything anyone has worried about in the other thread has been disproving soon after, often improving on what was expected. So just hold out til Tuesday and see for yourself.

If you use the analogue to sprint, then walking becomes a pain in the arse. And walking around a GTA city is one of life's little pleasures. As it is, you get 3 basic speeds. Just using the analogue is a nice leisurely walk, taking in the sights and sounds of a wonderfully realised city. Holding the button is jogging. Maybe you're wanting to get into a taxi, or catch a train before it leaves. Hammering the holy shit out of the button is when you're like OH FUCK RUN FORREST RUN!
True, you can't have it all and this is probably the best way to go about it.

I really hope the tank controls are gone though.

Lima

And all of that can be done with an analogue stick. That is what it was designed to do. Ugh

Tattooth

I just got my dispatch email from ShopTo, but it didn't include a photo of the package (which they always show). Makes me think they wont actual send it until Monday, hope I'm wrong though.

liquidtmd

Banned
I'm an hour in. I found IV got very boring very quickly.

This is something else - excellent so far. Opening mission was great and my God the graphics - how this is running on 360 I've no idea. Suspect its going to get better

Acorn

I just got my dispatch email from ShopTo, but it didn't include a photo of the package (which they also have). Makes me think they wont actual send it until Monday, hope I'm wrong though.

Their twitter said all preorders were given to RM today and that some people didn't have a picture because they used a different system for some of the orders.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
And all of that can be done with an analogue stick. That is what it was designed to do. Ugh

That what kills me, we've seen walking, jogging and running handled in lord knows how many games now done countless times without having to mash any buttons. Just pushing the analog stick in GTA4 has your character walk slowly to the point of uselessness. Why would I ever need to go that slowly? Pushing the stick completely forward should at least result in a brisk jog.

What? Why? Why not just use the analog stick? And if they feel its absolutely necessary hold down a button to sprint.

Analog controls are fine in theory, but whenever I have wanted to go somewhere in a game I tilt the stick all the way in that direction. That's my "default" behavior. I think most people do this. So normal walking would require too fine of control and would rarely be used if the analog stick was the only determinant of running.

I don't like mashing the button to run, though. How about just holding x/a?

Randdalf

Amazon order has been stuck at 'Dispatching Now' for 24 hours now...I know I shouldn't worry but have the feeling it won't get sent out today :(

Mine just went to Dispatched! Hopefully I get it on Monday then if people have already gotten their copies from it being sent on Thursday.

Foffy

Banned
For those who have it or have seen a chunk of the game already, answer me this; are timed missions in the game? These are almost always, always the worst missions in GTA. I was so happy that to my knowledge, GTA IV removed all of them.

Can't believe that just one year ago, we all were still under the impression that it was only Michael that might be the single main character. Even more surprising is that I was still holding out for a holiday 2012 launch. My tunnel vision was pretty damn narrow.

Fjordson

For those who have it or have seen a chunk of the game already, answer me this; are timed missions in the game? These are almost always, always the worst missions in GTA. I was so happy that to my knowledge, GTA IV removed all of them.
Lots of timed missions, and three or four RC missions in the first 20 minutes from what I've seen.

not really :p my personal gaming nightmare right there :lol

Pyccko

Lots of timed missions, and three or four RC missions in the first 20 minutes from what I've seen.

not really :p my personal gaming nightmare right there :lol

Should probably make it a little clearer that's a joke. Most folks in this thread aren't gonna look at anything spoiler tagged haha

liquidtmd

Banned
I'm really, really underwhelmed by the game visually, but then again I most likely just have silly standards.

I can't name any 360 games that match what I've seen in the last hour in terms of combined scope, freedom and gfx.

PC sure, but for consoles this is a top end experience.

Then it should be hold A to sprint not bash the fucking thing. Its awful.

I just don't see the big deal. I get you wanted it different, but it's not. Is it really so important to you?

There's going to be a lot to like and possibly a lot to dislike, just accept it for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom