• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienous

Better to do it with parents supervision, that way they can frame things, and explain things, and constantly asses the situation.

Exactly. I had (well, still have) an older brother. Mature games were never bought for me. In one of the instances I played GTA 3, I seem to remember attacking a pedestrian, and having my father say "Now, why would you do that?".

That was enough to contextualize the violence as silly. But I never thought of it as anything more than that, I don't think.

Yawnier

Banned
Hey guys, just a question.

If I buy this game off PSN, do you think I would get better performance/loading times than if I got a retail copy?

Kinda debating right now which route to go for the PS3.

I'm wondering this too. I feel like digital would be more convenient on the day this game releases, but IDK I try to own physical copies of my games whenever I can.

At 11 I wouldnt give him GTA only because I dont want him repeating dumb shit at school. I'd wait unti the kid is like 13 or 14 and has a tiny filter :p

Afrodium

Banned
So there's no US preload on PSN? That was just a typo?

6TkYuCj.gif

Kiraly

I honestly feel like I cant fucking wait anymore.

This close to just watch a fucking stream for the next few hours.

HOLD ME GAF

GQman2121

Banned
At 11 I wouldnt give him GTA only because I dont want him repeating dumb shit at school. I'd wait unti the kid is like 13 or 14 and has a tiny filter :p

No, what you do is use the video as evidence in court that he's being raised by shit parents and lock them up after he commits an act of violence against his middle school classmates.

Ushae

Banned
Cool and very sad at the same time. 11 year old kids should not be playing this game.

As Antitrop said, I would let my kid play it but maybe not until he's around 16~. My oldest is 11. No way is he ready to process GTA with the mindset of an adult.

Indeed, no way would I let my kid touch GTA until he's at LEAST 16. Even adults have a hard time processing some of the stuff they make in these games.

Are the camera view options the same as IV for walking and driving? Haven't seen the hood cam in the streams, or close up over the shoulder while walking.

taoofjord

My only worry is that they went too far in the other direction to appease the critics of GTA IV's driving, which i thought was perfect. It sounds like all the vehicles are too easy to control now which would be a shame.

That said, it's hard to trust impressions of people here when GTA IV was so heavily disliked on this forum. And Sleeping Dogs driving physics are liked here while I found them to be an abomination.

Well, not long now till I can find out for myself.

Dukey

Banned
My only worry is that they went too far in the other direction to appease the critics of GTA IV's driving, which i thought was perfect. It sounds like all the vehicles are too easy to control now. A shame.

That said, it's hard to trust impressions of people here when GTA IV was so heavily disliked on this forum. And Sleeping Dogs driving physics are liked here while I found them to be an abomination.

I would have been fine with GTA4's driving if I wasn't also always fighting against the low framerate.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I know there was some confusion for when US digital download could begin for PS3. I was confused. This may be late, and known, but my PS Store screen changed from download at 12AM EST to 12AM PST

image-24.jpg

oxidax

the first time i saw a GTA game i only had a N64.
I couldn't believe my life lol So much violence. I wanted to find a way to make mario shoot everyone.
Sigh...

oxidax

I know there was some confusion for when US digital download could begin for PS3. I was confused. This may be late, and known, but my PS Store screen changed from download at 12AM EST to 12AM PST

so that means 3:00 Am for me. Fml.
I wish i could get a refund and get the physical.

Jhoan

any word yet nyc gaf?

Ridiculous how everyone else is getting it, r* failed on pleading with these companies on shipping.
A lot of folks have been saying that stores aren't allowed to sell it until Monday. Patience is a virtue. You can try your hand at craigslist but do you really want to sink so low that you're willing to over pay for a game you want so badly? I don't think so. By the way, what's with the avatar change?

I saw these two ads on a subway while walking downtown yesterday in NY:

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
From what I've seen in the spoiler thread, well, if this game doesn't deserve an 18+ Adults Only rating, then no other game ever will.

11 is just way too young.

abundant

For anyone who has the game please answer this, is the mission skip feature from RDR in? If you failed a mission 3 times, you're given the option to skip to the next checkpoint.

CF22

I was 13 when GTA III came out and I turned out alright. It's all about parenting and knowing what an 11 year old can take or not. GTA was the only violent game I had at the time and I was well supervised.

Garret

so that means 3:00 Am for me. Fml.
I wish i could get a refund and get the physical.

04:00 A.M. here, of what will be a long Tuesday (gotta teach my Philosophy and Contract Law classes, and then go to my LL.M.). Gosh, I wish someone had it here in Rosario, Argentina so I could buy it right now and spend the whole weekend in Los Santos...

I was watching violent films from a pretty young age. I was fifteen when I first got the original GTA in 97.

My little brother has been playing them since he was around ten. He had them on his PSP. He is very mature for his age though, always excelled in school. I could see a real problem with letting certain children play them though.

A lot of folks have been saying that stores aren't allowed to sell it until Monday. Patience is a virtue. You can try your hand at craigslist but do you really want to sink so low that you're willing to over pay for a game you want so badly? I don't think so. By the way, what's with the avatar change?

Figure one last sat try, I'll just wait it out now.
Saw a lot of these dog in clothes avatars and they had me cracking up so I figured I'd get myself one, plus my last one was Xmas themed. 'twas time for a change.

oxidax

Figure one last sat try, I'll just wait it out now.
Saw a lot of these dog in clothes avatars and they had me cracking up so I figured I'd get myself one, plus my last one was Xmas themed. 'twas time for a change.

Yeah forget about it.
I called about 10 stores. Every single one its going to release it on Monday Night.
Rockstar ninjas all over NYC. I figured since they have their HQ in NYC its easier for them to secure their shipments.

Unless you have a buddy thats willing to risk his job for you.

bob page

That's nothing- check out Port Authority:

6d31420218d411e3847422000aa805a7_7.jpg

vixlar

My only worry is that they went too far in the other direction to appease the critics of GTA IV's driving, which i thought was perfect. It sounds like all the vehicles are too easy to control now which would be a shame.

I love the GTA IV driving mechanics too. The best in sandbox games. An almost perfect balance between realism and fun.

Playing inside the car is an amazing experience. How the weight of the car feels when you turn or brake. How each car feels really different from each other. The thing it lacked was proper highways to enjoy it at full.

As you, I'm worried that they make the driving too arcadey.

I was watching violent films from a pretty young age. I was fifteen when I first got the original GTA in 97.

My little brother has been playing them since he was around ten. He had them on his PSP. He is very mature for his age though, always excelled in school. I could see a real problem with letting certain children play them though.

I was 11 when I got my first GTA game, Liberty City Stories on PSP (towards the end of 2006). It was my first MA 15+ rated game, and, as far as I can remember, I never thought the violence was anything cool. I just played the game to have fun (never ended up getting off the first island though, I think, found Pursuit Force much more exciting at the time).

As everyone else has said though, it depends on how mature or how comfortable the parent feels in their kids ability to handle the game. I certainly think it's a tad overplayed how much it could damage a kid, but there's always that chance I suppose.

Bungie

So far, I've met more ppl getting the PS3 version then ppl getting the 360 version.

Also, there's still no proof that the 360 version is better. Hell, he's the only one who's mentioning those 18 - 20 fps issues, and even the 360 has a lower framerate in the downtown area. It's also been noticed by quite a few people that the PS3 has less popup then the 360.

Unless people who actually played both versions tell their stories, we won't know for sure.

I've noticed a majority of people who are getting it for PS3 are in for the single player & 360 wise I seen everyone about the online.

GTA 4 is a top played game on Xbox 360 to this date for a reason.

Performance wise for me, doesn't matter.

Dr. Greenthumb

Neo Member
I played the original GTA when I was like 6 years old. I played GTA 3 when I was 14. I do think violent videogames nowadays aren't for all kids. The games nowadays are way to graphic for little kids I think. For some kids they are just fine, others go dream about it or are getting aggressive and copy the language used in games like GTA.
I think most elders can make a wise decision if it would do their kid harm playing violent videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom