• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched for the game on YouTube and... I wanna... UUUEEGGGH :(

Why would you do that bro!! We're so close! Dems a minefield out dere!!

Ive actually gone over the past three weeks to 'Can't get refresh NeoGAF and the subreddit enough' to 'the GTAV OT is the only place I'm safe,' and I haven't even visited the official website for te past two updates. I've gone past hype to Hype Overdrive, where all I can do is wait.

The lighting is very good, but the driving controls, not so much. Maybe it's a matter of getting used to it

Lighting is everything. Anyone who doubts that just have to look at GT5 and how the amazing lighting in that game can make even the shitty standard cars look good. GTAV lighting is amazing BTW.

Driving controls (and physics) on IV is better but I'm getting used to it on V. Didn't like the bike physics though.

Mikey Jr.

Hey guys, just a question.

If I buy this game off PSN, do you think I would get better performance/loading times than if I got a retail copy?

Kinda debating right now which route to go for the PS3.

UrbanRats

Lighting is everything. Anyone who doubts that just have to look at GT5 and how the amazing lighting in that game can make even the shitty standard cars look good. GTAV lighting is amazing BTW.

Driving controls (and physics) on IV is better but I'm getting used to it on V. Didn't like the bike physics though.

how did they change the bike physics?

waypoetic

Banned
Why would you do that bro!! We're so close! Dems a minefield out dere!!

Ive actually gone over the past three weeks to 'Can't get refresh NeoGAF and the subreddit enough' to 'the GTAV OT is the only place I'm safe,' and I haven't even visited the official website for te past two updates. I've gone past hype to Hype Overdrive, where all I can do is wait.

I'm just teasing myself :p But some of those thumbs, yeah, the lighting looks great for sure

Lunchbox

Banned
woke up with this

I ordered just for the free 20$ worth of ms points, pleasantly surprised by the MS online store free shopping
OxzLjbN.jpg

Forsete

Hey guys, just a question.

If I buy this game off PSN, do you think I would get better performance/loading times than if I got a retail copy?

Kinda debating right now which route to go for the PS3.

The retail version also installs on the drive. So if any I expect the difference to be minor.

I can't name any 360 games that match what I've seen in the last hour in terms of combined scope, freedom and gfx.

PC sure, but for consoles this is a top end experience.
looks pretty damn amazing for 8 year old hardware
Yeah, like I said, it's just my silly standards. PC gaming ruined my eyes and now all I notice are those jaggy shadows and framerate drops, fuck my life.

But the scope of the game is impressive, driving around and looking at those skyscrapers in the background is pretty damn cool. I can't wait to see how this will look on PC and next gen consoles.

Foffy

Banned
Lots of timed missions, and three or four RC missions in the first 20 minutes from what I've seen.

not really :p my personal gaming nightmare right there :lol

Your jokes aren't funny! I'm replaying GTA III of all things to get hyped for V and goddamn are almost all of the timed missions are ass. I never understood why chasing people in a cop car had a time limit. Like, what if time goes away, is the call for the criminal pulled? It's silly.

It makes me want to use codes to lock the timer to make it play more like IV, which I found to be the most reasonable regarding missions.

Dries

Is there any nudity in the beginning section of the game? Spoiler tag or PM me the answer considering spoilers and whatnot.

Alienous

Damn, I have been trying to kill some time by playing BOGT multiplayer and I end up getting disconnected after about 3 minutes multiple times. I hope this isn't indicative of what will happen for GTAO.

Anyhow priority #1 is to run ethernet down to the game room just to be sure it isn't an issue with my wireless connection.

Way late, but playing without UPnP benefits the online of Rockstar games significantly. GTA IV, the DLC's, Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3 are all like this. I went from disconnects and a lack of players on all of those titles, to full lobbies and lagless gameplay. I'd give that a go.

Hopefully the netcode for GTA Online is improved.

Then it should be hold A to sprint not bash the fucking thing. Its awful.

It's brilliant. The taps begin to represent a stride. So you can tap less frequently, and jog. Tap more frequently, and run. Or tap a lot, and sprint. I've always enjoyed it.

Fjordson

Your jokes aren't funny! I'm replaying GTA III of all things to get hyped for V and goddamn are almost all of the timed missions ass. I never understood why chasing people in a cop car had a time limit. Like, what if time goes away, is the call for the criminal pulled? It's silly.

It makes me want to use codes to lock the timer to make it play more like IV, which I found to be the most reasonable regarding missions.
Yep, those were rough, as were all of the remote control missions. Like the RC ones. I sucked so badly at those.

I listened to "what a fool believes" before it was leaked as a song in the gta V soundtrack :p

*hipster*
its still cool that its in the game B^),

but the hall and oates song they should have used should have been "one on one" :(

Fjordson

I listened to "what a fool believes" before it was leaked as a song in the gta V soundtrack :p

*hipster*
its still cool that its in the game B^),

but the hall and oates song they should have used should have been "one on one" :(
What A Fool Believes is going to be so dope the first time I hear it in game. Classic pop song.

Zeth

I'm guessing Live and PSN servers are going to be sluggish or dead at release? Maybe I'll try to download, but I might be forced to go physical! Hah!

Coiote

I may sound like a broken radio right now, but is there anything about how the ps3 version compares to the x360?

Like RDR?
Like L.A. Noire?
Like Max Payne 3?

dreamfall

It's brilliant. The taps begin to represent a stride. So you can tap less frequently, and jog. Tap more frequently, and run. Or tap a lot, and sprint. I've always enjoyed it.

I'm with you! I love my tap to Sprint- it's classic Rockstar, and I always feel like I'm picking up the pace. It feels like a different transition from just walking, and you can physically feel it. That running workout!

Holding a button doesn't do it for me!

antitrop

What the fuck, who lets an 11 year old play GTA?

I wouldn't wait for my kids to be 17 or anything, but like... at least high school. Jesus.

Raxious

Plus if you're a multiplayer person, 360 always has a bigger player base for that.

So far, I've met more ppl getting the PS3 version then ppl getting the 360 version.

Also, there's still no proof that the 360 version is better. Hell, he's the only one who's mentioning those 18 - 20 fps issues, and even the 360 has a lower framerate in the downtown area. It's also been noticed by quite a few people that the PS3 has less popup then the 360.

Unless people who actually played both versions tell their stories, we won't know for sure.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

Alienous

Cool and very sad at the same time. 11 year old kids should not be playing this game.

He has active parents, he'll be fine.

But either you subscribe to 18+, or you think age ratings are interpret-able. Yes, 11 might be a little bit young, but it's not like our youth where we have fun, 'cartoony' games. Where's the Crash Bandicoot equivalent?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
GTA III came out 2 months before my 17th birthday, but I first played GTA 1 when I was 13.

I must have been around 24 at that time. I know that most of my life I haven't needed my parents to buy mature games. I've been of age.

He has active parents, he'll be fine.

Sexually active? No kid that age should be playing but I'm insulted or anything. As I noted, I have an 11 year old. There is no parental supervision which would compensate for the amount of violence and sex/language in that game.

dreamfall

Cool and very sad at the same time. 11 year old kids should not be playing this game.

Yeah- I guess it's up to those parents to judge what's best.

I started playing GTA III at 13- so it's not much better, but it was a graphically less evolved world back then. I mean you can feel the weight of a weapon, watch bodies recoil to gun fire, and the impactful physics of Euphoria inspire some great times.

But not at 11!

JMizzlin

Is Jazz Nation Radio or anything similar returning? In 4 there was nothing I enjoyed more than cruising around in the dark and overcast day listening to jazz.

Lunchbox

Banned
I was 11 when i got gta3

now I drive a BMW, have apple stock and pay 537$ in taxes every week

nothing wrong with the kid getting this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom