• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be me when I get the game on Tuesday

Reminds me of

200x200px-ZC-b5cbff16_RaptorJesus.gif

MMaRsu

I've been binging this game..lol and I only just
unlocked trevor
! This game is HUUUUUGE and so goddamn beautiful to look at.

bob page

I played the original GTA when I was like 6 years old. I played GTA 3 when I was 14. I do think violent videogames nowadays aren't for all kids. The games nowadays are way to graphic for little kids I think. For some kids they are just fine, others go dream about it or are getting aggressive and copy the language used in games like GTA.
I think most elders can make a wise decision if it would do their kid harm playing violent videogames.

I played GTA3 so much when I was younger but GTA5 is much more graphic and has a bunch of nudity/sex scenes- not sure I would want my kids seeing that at a young age.

Derrick01

Banned
GTA 3 was child's play by the time it came out for me (nearing 14 at the time). I had already seen and played so many crazy violent movies and games throughout my life that it had no effect on me. Although I thought it was pretty awesome that I could mow down random civilians with a tank, hadn't done that in a game before.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've noticed a majority of people who are getting it for PS3 are in for the single player & 360 wise I seen everyone about the online.

GTA 4 is a top played game on Xbox 360 to this date for a reason.

Performance wise for me, doesn't matter.

The generation is ending and I don't want to pay for more xbox live. I will be buying the ps3 version for single player and online.

I was 11 when I got my first GTA game, Liberty City Stories on PSP (towards the end of 2006). It was my first MA 15+ rated game, and, as far as I can remember, I never thought the violence was anything cool. I just played the game to have fun (never ended up getting off the first island though, I think, found Pursuit Force much more exciting at the time).

As everyone else has said though, it depends on how mature or how comfortable the parent feels in their kids ability to handle the game. I certainly think it's a tad overplayed how much it could damage a kid, but there's always that chance I suppose.

Yeah, that's how he played it. He has always loved cars, so for him it was more of an open world driving experience.

I was the opposite, I had grown up with 80's action films so violent media was the norm. The original GTA was a dream come true.

dreamfall

Shit I did not sleep enough.. How am I gonna waste 3 more days as quickly as possible?

Baha me neither homie!

We're close! So close! Just keep wandering about in Liberty City- I feel like once leaving it for V, it'll be a long time until we go back there!

DJ SLEV3N

Banned
With GTA V pretty much being confirmed for next gen consoles (as of a recent leak), is there any one second guessing their current gen purchase?

Shouldn't have ventured back into the spoiler thread. Just seen something I didn't know was confirmed and was trying to keep that fact a surprise.

Derrick01

Banned
With GTA V pretty much being confirmed for next gen consoles (as of a recent leak), is there any one second guessing their current gen purchase?

I've been having a hard enough time waiting for this last week to go by. ~6 more months, or longer, is out of the question.

Gangxxter

Shit I did not sleep enough.. How am I gonna waste 3 more days as quickly as possible?
Destroy your backlog!

Btw, I was 12 when I started playing GTA 3. But I had to hide it from my parents though. I disguised the desktop shortcut as a Mario game. And once my dad caught me playing it. I told him it was just a Driver clone (thank God I was only cruising around in a Pony and did nothing violent when my dad caught me).

Tucah

you speak so well

Not going to wait any longer than I have to to play the game. If it's as good as I hope it is, I have no problem double dipping whenever it comes out on PC/next gen.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Probably gonna wait till Feb/March to get a PS4 or Xbone depending on how the systems pan out.

GTAV will keep me occupied.

Fjordson

Will GTAV have single player DLC in the vein of Lost & Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony? Anybody know?

The game on its own just seems so massive.
They've said they have some "very interesting stuff" planned for for post-release content.

You know there's going to be a hefty amount of multiplayer DLC, but hopefully we get some single-player stuff as well. The IV episodes and Undead Nightmare for Red Dead were both great.

thecheese

I've decided to wait for the PC or next-gen version as I don't have a current console. I should not be in here.

#ThisPainIsJustTooReal

Uiki

For anyone who has the game please answer this, is the mission skip feature from RDR in? If you failed a mission 3 times, you're given the option to skip to the next checkpoint.

Yes, there is.

Or at least I think so.

I was messing around and I failed the 2nd mission a couple of times and I got the option to press a button to skip. Never pressed it but I guess that's what you mean.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
There's a comparison vid of the ps3 vs 360 versions (direct feed) on YouTube. Both versions look great, run great, and nearly impossible to see any differences between the two.

Tohsaka

Nope, there's no way I'm waiting more than three days to play it. If the game is truly as good as the hype I may double-dip on the PS4 version when/if it comes out.

I've spent the last two weeks playing through older GTA games to get myself ready for Tuesday! I'm pretty sure the graphics will blow me away... them PS2 era games while fun, are starting to look a little dated.

qbzhYiV.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom