• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven77

I've been away from this thread for a SOLID 14 hours. Been oiling my controllers in preparation.

What is the current consensus on which version runs better? Looks better? Smells better?

thecheese

Cheese...

54546-Cheers-Toast-gif-OLQT.gif

1304674580714vdss5.gif

Welcome to the club, my friend.

I would like to take a moment to thank GAF for showing me the light.

It was not an easy road... I had lost my way, but GAF brought me back. <3

Any of you know if we are getting that audio custom mode for Pulse Elites on release date?

I can't wait to try out that game, but geared up with my Pulse and the audio mode made for it? Certainly can't get any worse!

NotLiquid

While I can't say I'm that anticipated for the game after GTA IV, the hype has sort of swayed me. My money isn't looking too hot right now though.

That said a store here is running a crazy offer for the midnight launch where the first few in line will be able to buy the game's Collectors Edition for like... a couple of dollars.

Wonder if I should take my chances and swing by on Monday.

how did they change the bike physics?

I think bike physics is even more arcadey than the cars. I didn't use them enough to pass a final judgement though.

I'm extremely early in the game (just passed a couple of missions) but this game is the San Andreas HD (minus San Fierro and Las Venturas, of course) that everybody wished for.

Attention to detail and production value everywhere. Even the small end of the missions "cutscenes" that used to have awkward animation performances are now fully motion captured. The game jumps in and out of cutscenes Max Payne 3 style.

After playing it for a few hours you really see why it took so long for them to make it. So much more variety, so much more fun. This game is so awesome it brings tears to my eyes.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
1304674580714vdss5.gif

Welcome to the club, my friend.

Must of never owned a PS3 before? It's cool he's supporting Sony, but man if I were him I'd get an older PS3 model and just get GTAV. Then throw the rest on the PS4.

I'm getting mine from ebay. An add on there had GTAV preorders for $45, so I bought one. It's apparently arriving the 18th.

Heimbeck

Banned
First post on gaf got my account activated today! i just wanted to say i hope you guys accept into gafbrotherhood and im humbled to be here! with all that said i've been in nyc trying to hunt for Gta V apparently there's one M&P store thats doing a monday release at 8:pm so if you pre-order your copy is guaranteed and you can go pick up and not wait til midnight if anything pm me i hope i contributed a lil on my first post =]

My account just got activate too!
Just in time for GTA V.

What did Rockstar make Mom & Pop retailers sign that has them so scared to sell early?

I would love to see a copy. I have had no luck and each one of my contacts has said that Rockstar is being really strict on this. They say they won't even take a copy home themselves.

Most of them don't have any copies seeing as I don't even think they've shipped them yet to the stores. At least they probably shipped them today.

I went to my regular places yesterday and they all told me Monday.

Ahasverus

Sucks, bro. What version? Cleaned the disc yet? (obviously you have, but just checking)

Yeah homie (i'ma homie now) I'm gonna buy a new 16gb usb stick as it says "storage error" but I'm still going to request an exchangement of the game on my local store.

thecheese

Must of never owned a PS3 before? It's cool he's supporting Sony, but man if I were him I'd get an older PS3 model and just get GTAV. Then throw the rest on the PS4.

I'm getting mine from ebay. An add on there had GTAV preorders for $45, so I bought one. It's apparently arriving the 18th.

Yep, first PS3. I won't be getting a PS4 for a long while...

well at least until the next GTA comes out :p

Gangxxter

There's a massive mod or it, requiring an unmodded San Andreas install.

Link I never played this on the PSP, so it's awesome to get more of that story, dialog and radio stations R* is known for.
Ah yeah, I know this mod but it's still not completed. I think I'll wait till the mod is finished with all missions etc.

So who else pre-ordered the 360 version from Microsoftstore.com for the free 1600 MS points? There was also a code floating around for a little bit to get free next day shipping, which I took advantage of. I'm still a little worried my pre-order won't arrive on Tuesday even though I've heard they're good with getting your game to you on the release date, even if you choose a slower shipping speed.

Still a little concerned though but if it doesn't come through I guess I can wait another day. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom