• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
With GTA V pretty much being confirmed for next gen consoles (as of a recent leak), is there any one second guessing their current gen purchase?

IF, this is the case it would be absolutely fantastic if saves transferred. I'm sure online stuff would since it's your same Social Club ID but to transfer your single player save from last gen to current gen would be very cool.

abundant

Glad that it's in, now I don't have to worry about a mandatory race mission or an annoying chase stopping my progress. Thanks to all who answered.

Ahasverus

I was happily playing the game (short impressions: game of the forever) and i got a "storage device error pleace replase and reinstall" in the first trevor mission, yeah, I want to kill myself.

Jhoan

Figure one last sat try, I'll just wait it out now.
Saw a lot of these dog in clothes avatars and they had me cracking up so I figured I'd get myself one, plus my last one was Xmas themed. 'twas time for a change.
Hang in there strong and fight the temptation to click on the spoiler thread. I'm barely gonna have time to play it next week what with school, homework, and social stuff. In a sense, the new avatar kind of suits you better.
Yeah forget about it.
I called about 10 stores. Every single one its going to release it on Monday Night.
Rockstar ninjas all over NYC. I figured since they have their HQ in NYC its easier for them to secure their shipments.

Unless you have a buddy thats willing to risk his job for you.
Definitely agree. Rockstar's NYC HQ has been keeping the shipments locked down with an iron fist. Hell, there's a couple of mom and pop game stores about 10 mins away from my house but I don't think none of them have broken the street date.
That's nothing- check out Port Authority:

6d31420218d411e3847422000aa805a7_7.jpg
Saw that one several pages earlier as well the SoHo ones. I've also seen the massive Times Square ads on Twitter. It's crazy. Rockstar NYC/ Take Two literally goes to town when it comes to one of their games although I've seen Bethesda games on buses in the past as well.

So to the people who got early copies, I'm assuming none of you guys got it in a Gamestop? Going to attempt to pick my pre-order today, but it probably won't happen considering they seem to be fairly strict about that. Hoping I get an incompetent and/or apathetic employee!

What did Rockstar make Mom & Pop retailers sign that has them so scared to sell early?

I would love to see a copy. I have had no luck and each one of my contacts has said that Rockstar is being really strict on this. They say they won't even take a copy home themselves.

BearPawB

Banned
So to the people who got early copies, I'm assuming none of you guys got it in a Gamestop? Going to attempt to pick my pre-order today, but it probably won't happen considering they seem to be fairly strict about that. Hoping I get an incompetent and/or apathetic employee!

Not even worth trying.

Gangxxter

I've spent the last two weeks playing through older GTA games to get myself ready for Tuesday! I'm pretty sure the graphics will blow me away... them PS2 era games while fun, are starting to look a little dated.

qbzhYiV.png
Wait, VCS on PC? Do you use a PS2 or a PSP emulator for that?

Betty

Banned
Anyone who preordered from Gametop.uk have theirs sent out yet? They charged my card two days ago and said they're stock had arrived.

Ahasverus

Oh that's pretty cool, I wonder what that would mean for a next gen GTA port

I dunno, I think the universe switch happened becasue the drastic change in tone (Cartoon violence, cartoon-y violence, gritty "realistic" violence) more than anything, perhaps the nest gen GTA's will be still in the HD universe.

First post on gaf got my account activated today! i just wanted to say i hope you guys accept into gafbrotherhood and im humbled to be here! with all that said i've been in nyc trying to hunt for Gta V apparently there's one M&P store thats doing a monday release at 8:pm so if you pre-order your copy is guaranteed and you can go pick up and not wait til midnight if anything pm me i hope i contributed a lil on my first post =]

feli

Can someone please tell me the title of the second song of the Micheal, Frankilin, Trevor trailer? I don't remember it.

DukeBobby

First post on gaf got my account activated today! i just wanted to say i hope you guys accept into gafbrotherhood and im humbled to be here! with all that said i've been in nyc trying to hunt for Gta V apparently there's one M&P store thats doing a monday release at 8:pm so if you pre-order your copy is guaranteed and you can go pick up and not wait til midnight if anything pm me i hope i contributed a lil on my first post =]

Welcome!

SHADES

What did Rockstar make Mom & Pop retailers sign that has them so scared to sell early?

I would love to see a copy. I have had no luck and each one of my contacts has said that Rockstar is being really strict on this. They say they won't even take a copy home themselves.

Do you actually know that they have it in stock yet?

My indie guy who breaks street date almost exclusively said he could of sold a 1000 copies by now & had one guy offer him £500 to sell the game early, he said look kid if I had them I'd be selling them, his agent in the UK halved his 1000 copy order & is only supplying half of the order on Monday morning & the other half on Tuesday morning as requested higher up the chain(which I'm presuming is Rockstar).
I should have my copy by 11:00am Monday morning here in the UK & can't find anywhere near me ( within 50 miles) that can beat that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom