• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bsigg12

I keep refreshing the UPS tracking page hoping to see movement on my copy! I got the tracking number yesterday with next day air so it probably won't ship until Monday

Did you choose first class postage?

No, that changes the day it's shipped? I thought it was just the carrier oO

I expect you chose guaranteed next day.

As I said earlier in this thread, it's because next day deliveries are done through couriers who guarantee the delivery date, this means Amazon don't even try to ship those ones until the last minute, because they can be certain it will reach the customer on release day either way.

Royal Mail on the other hand is a lot less reliable, so Amazon ship those a couple of days earlier to stick to their release day promise, which results in some people getting them early.

Ooooooh. That makes sense.

Wasp

My copy just shipped from Shopto and when they send out a game it usually arrives the day after. Obviously it won't be delivered on Sunday but maybe I might get it on Monday, fingers crossed.
Maybe on Monday but I think it's unlikely. Read the small print of the email:
We are pleased to inform you that your order has been packed and will be dispatched with next ROYAL MAIL collection. We do not dispatch orders over the weekend.

Derrick01

Banned
How old are you (If you don't mind me asking)?

I'm 31 and lately I'm always finding myself looking at the timer when I'm watching a movie to see how much time is left. Even some TV series (it's less problematic here because of the smaller duration). That's pretty annoying because I love movies and TV series but I can't help myself.

Almost 26. My personality is a lot older than that though :p

Hixx

I'm up in the North East and still on 'not despatched yet' from Amazon. I've got Prime though so will be getting a courier delivery, just a bit frustrating to see it might have been better off going through regular First Class postage.

On my ride into Sunderland today I saw like half a dozen ads on boards, don't usually see them for games round here, mostly just films!

Baskcm

I'm up in the North East and still on 'not despatched yet' from Amazon. I've got Prime though so will be getting a courier delivery, just a bit frustrating to see it might have been better off going through regular First Class postage.

On my ride into Sunderland today I saw like half a dozen ads on boards, don't usually see them for games round here, mostly just films!

just down the road in hartlepool just got a dispatch about 10 mins ago first class

Ghost23

Getting One day shipping for fairly cheap, so I should be getting the game on Tuesday now! It will be a nice present for finishing my exams.

In Newcastle and have dispatched. Not prime. Ordered 3rd September, with 1st Class. Them the breaks!

cdkee

Banned
Amazon let me down once...I got Halo 4 the day after it came out even though I had release date delivery. They better not do the same thing here...

SLV

Fuck, i tried to create a countdown timer to the US PSN unlock, but i dont know the right way lol...

t1379401500z0.png

Amazon let me down once...I got Halo 4 the day after it came out even though I had release date delivery. They better not do the same thing here...

Wondering why you would order a game you may be anticipating even more than Halo 4 from Amazon if they dicked you once already. Do you not have any other options?

Garibaldi

Ordered mine on the cheap from GMG. They ain't dispatching till Monday :-( Oh well. I'll just have to deal with just having Breaking Bad on Monday. But please come on Tuesday. Pleeeease!

Just joined the PS3 crew btw (Garibaldi007, PSN: TannedHide). Seeya all online on the 1st :)

hlhbk

I didn't take the chance on this. I took Tuesday off, and am going to the midnight release at gamestop to pick up the CE. I had the SE preordered at Amazon but they don't deliever until like 6 PM. Unfortunatly I gotta work at 5 AM Monday morning due to some off hour maintainance (I work in IT), so I don't know how long I will stay up before I crash.

newsguy

Quick question. Do we have to wait till October to get online at all or will there be a free roam/mess around online hub until then?

Hoo-doo

Banned
I need to get in on that GAF PS3 crew.

My PSN ID is the same as my username on here.

Edit: I'm way cooler than that guy above me, seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom