• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading from when I last posted but eff it, by the time I catch up it would probably be Tuesday.

About two days and 21 hours until I probably get my copy!

I usually clean my room before any major gaming release I'm excited about, so that's what I'm spending today doing.

All though this time, I'm so hyped that I'm actually washing my sheets

It's getting crazy up in here, yo

friday

Preorded last night from the gamestop a few blocks away from me. Apparently I gotta go get my midnight time block on monday evening. I think this will be my first midnight release since GTAIV.

kev26b

I'm thinking of buying another PS3. I have a 80GB fatty and it's full to the brim. Also, I'm afraid this game will fucking kill it.

I don't want that super slim one though. I'd like the slim, the one that looks all kinds of sexy. What HD size does the first revision max out at, and can you still buy them in stores?

I think its 500gb, you should be able to find one if you shop around.

_woLf

Does anyone know if the special edition is preorder only, or will they be on the shelves at like Target, Best Buy, Fred Meyer etc?

I think Gamestops' allotment is preorder only, right?

Jhoan

The emblem maker is such shit on the site. So unless someone can work some magic and make a new one, we can deal
Someone started to make one that has a bootleg GAF logo on a street sign. I like that idea. I would make one but it'll have to wait until I get on a computer as I'm using my phone. The PS3 Crew's GAF logo is pretty sweet as is the NeoGang one (my personal favorite).

i know this might seem blasphemous so im watching spring breakers and for some odd reason the scenery in miami is so superb it made me think of a modern vice city just imaginate GTAO with touched up Liberty City and Vice City the game of the forever

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
For fun, since I preordered by PS3 Day 1 digital, I decided to buy IV again since it was $7.59 or so after the 75% discount. It's an 11GB game. It has taken from about 11:30AM until 3:14PM to download, then install the game at 11GB. Wow. Just think how long the download and then install will take when EVERYONE who is in the US that preordered the digital version tries to get it(if they're still awake). Ugh.

image-24.jpg

Not 12AM EDT. Taken today from PS Store on my PS3

What a bunch of bullshit pulled by both Rockstar's and Sony's twitters.

For fun, since I preordered by PS3 Day 1 digital, I decided to buy IV again since it was $7.59 or so after the 75% discount. It's an 11GB game. It has taken from about 11:30AM until 3:14PM to download, then install the game at 11GB. Wow. Just think how long the download and then install will take when EVERYONE who is in the US that preordered the digital version tries to get it(if they're still awake). Ugh.

does digital improve performance a bit? i mean since it's a full install does it help at least with loading times?

oxidax

im just gonna put it in auto and let it download and install by itself. Do you know if you have to leave the console on?

Oh sorry, my bad! It's just that any time I've had a Day 1 digital title, it's been uploaded at midnight Pacific.

How poorly did The Last of Us launch go? I don't remember Mass Effect 3 being too bad - the time remaining kept going up to start, but the game was finished and installed by the time I woke up.

I did day 1 digital for TLOU and it went pretty smoothly. Although it took maybe 10 minutes for the download link to work in the store since there was a lot of traffic. It was done when I woke up early Tuesday Morning so I was happy.

But GTA V will probably destroy the servers, I just hope it will be done when I wake up.

Darklor01

does digital improve performance a bit? i mean since it's a full install does it help at least with loading times?

Having the full game on the HDD should help improve performance, and loading, wear and tear on the disc or Bluray drive, and well as reduce the heat produced by the system when playing.

The heat absorbed by the console while waiting forever to download and install the game isn't pretty though.

Speaking of install, can't you install games to your hard drive on the 360? Beyond just the required install disc from GTA V, in this instance.

How do you do that, and are there any advantages in doing so?

Acorn

Speaking of install, can't you install games to your hard drive on the 360? Beyond just the required install disc from GTA V, in this instance.

Yes you can, press y on the dashboard with the game selected.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

of course you can install the game on the 360. Just press X or Y on the tile and install it that way.

I don't know if it helps with load times or anything but it stops disc wear and LOUD NOISES.

Darklor01

You usually click "Y" on the controller on the play game home screen of the dash, and then get the option.

dandoolan

What's everyone doing while waiting for this game to arrive.

Other than work I'm doing a Doctor Who marathon to pass the time. Just finished season four. Won't be fully caught up before GTA V arrives, but it should keep me occupied until then.

I also stated playing GTA SA again. Although it doesn't hold up as well as I remember.

you still need the disc to launch the game. It checks it for about a minute then stops.
So then... why even install it in the first place? Are there any discernible benefits whatsoever?

I have a 250 GB hard drive, with like 180 gigs of space left. If it will make GTA V run even slightly better (which is why I'm asking, since I have no idea if it does or not) I figure I may as well install it.

Darklor01

Other than work I'm doing a Doctor Who marathon to pass the time. Just finished season four. Won't be fully caught up before GTA V arrives, but it should keep me occupied until then.

I also stated playing GTA SA again. Although it doesn't hold up as well as I remember.

Explaining to my wife that the hookers in the game are not what I like the game for.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
So then... why even install it in the first place? Are there any discernible benefits whatsoever?

I have a 250 GB hard drive, with like 180 gigs of space left. If it will make GTA V run even slightly better (which is why I'm asking, since I have no idea if it does or not) I figure I may as well install it.

YES, loadtimes will be much faster with the other disc installed

and game has to be in the trey to verify it.

Chipotle

Amazon UK sent mine out today with one day delivery but the delivery date is listed for the 17th. Is it too optimistic to hope for it to come on Monday?

I have a hobby animation project to keep me busy when I'm not posting in this thread. I also have to work Monday, trying to get Tuesday off but it looks like I'll have to work it :/

Going to the midnight launch though! Gamestop in Sheraton Centre Mississauga.

Also, Minecraft and making my own iPhone ringtones.

dandoolan

Amazon UK sent mine out today with one day delivery but the delivery date is listed for the 17th. Is it too optimistic to hope for it to come on Monday?

Courier companies aren't likely to hold on to it for all of Monday just to deliver it Tuesday. There's definitely a chance you will get it Monday. Nothing certain of course, but very possible if it's on next day.

Chipotle

Courier companies aren't likely to hold on to it for all of Monday just to deliver it Tuesday. There's definitely a chance you will get it Monday. Nothing certain of course, but very possible if it's on next day.

Just what I wanted to hear. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Are crews cross platform and applicable to any game? I'm in the neogang currently...

I only see mp3 as far as stats

kev26b

Sitting on my couch rocking back and forth shaking uncontrollably.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeahhhh, it'd be nice to get a GAF themed emblem for GAF Street. Keep up the work folks, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom