• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandoolan

I'm up in the North East and still on 'not despatched yet' from Amazon. I've got Prime though so will be getting a courier delivery, just a bit frustrating to see it might have been better off going through regular First Class postage.

On my ride into Sunderland today I saw like half a dozen ads on boards, don't usually see them for games round here, mostly just films!

The key word there is 'Might'. With courier you are guaranteed release day. With first class, there is a chance it may work out better, but equally there is a chance it may work out worse.

As I mentioned, Royal Mail's reliability is exactly the reason Amazon send those one's out earlier. To try and and ensure a higher percentage actually make it on time.

Take comfort in the knowledge that while you may not receive it early, you absolutely won't receive it late.

Cheddahz

Banned
I just placed a pre-order down on the Microsoft Store, due to the free money and release date shipping

Now I have to drive to Gamestop to cancel my pre-order and criticize by the employees for doing so :/

Heimbeck

Banned
does anyone else get the impression that Michael is the "main protagonist" of the trio...

Well he was shown in the first trailer and is the one who is the "glue" between Franklin and Trevor.

So yeah I can see why anyone would think that but I don't know if that's how R* want us to see him.

I hope not. I want the "main protagonist" to be Franklin

ehh.... it doesn't seem like it... I think Michael imo is the best character, I like frank and trev to... its just Michael is so unique, something you wouldn't expect from a gta protagonist.. that makes him intriguing I guess

Alienous

ehh.... it doesn't seem like it... I think Michael imo is the best character, I like frank and trev to... its just Michael is so unique, something you wouldn't expect from a gta protagonist.. that makes him intriguing I guess

Eh ... I feel like Franklin will be the main character.

Michael is really defined. Trevor is too undefined. Franklin is the most like other GTA characters. His 'hero's journey' will be the most significant, I think.

Cheddahz

Banned
Just pre-ordered it from microsoft store.. is that 20 buck microsoft money refund correct?

Now I'm excited.

Yes, you'll get 20 free bucks to use on the store

I just like the huge gangsta feel of SA, so Franklin has the character I have been most excited about playing as

Warning about reddit. I just saw a post on the front page that spoiled something hilarious from GTA V. I clicked on it not thinking it would be a spoiler, and it was.

Can't go anywhere anymore.

do you guys believe this game has the potential to surpass TLOU.... talking objectively

I mean story-wise probably not, but the overall package

Yes, you'll get 20 free bucks to use on the store

I just like the huge gangsta feel of SA, so Franklin has the character I have been most excited about playing as

I like the san andreas nostalgia as well

but Michael is just so unique, I just love everything about his character

UnrealEck

I've watched hours of the game being streamed and I can honestly say I think this GTA will be the best in the series.
I was thinking of writing a blog type feature on what I've seen without spoiling the story and just going into detail on things like the environments, sound design and stuff.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
image-24.jpg

Not 12AM EDT. Taken today from PS Store on my PS3

So what features used to get you excited for a new GTA?

For me,

GTA III: Genre defining gameplay, beating up people for that precious floating cash, hydraulics

Vice City: Shooting out tires, the beaches, buying property, robbing stores, buying clothes, headshotting people through the window shields, bikes/helis

San Andreas: The 90s setting, bicycles, flying airplanes, the vast countryside/Mt. Chiliad, the map's variety, RPG elements, playing a black guy and living that gangsta life

Not to forget that every GTA game, I love the rain filters and chat radio shows.

So many little things in the series hyped me for the game.

Stripped my ps3 down and give it a re-paste. I'm ready:)

I'm thinking of buying another PS3. I have a 80GB fatty and it's full to the brim. Also, I'm afraid this game will fucking kill it.

I don't want that super slim one though. I'd like the slim, the one that looks all kinds of sexy. What HD size does the first revision max out at, and can you still buy them in stores?

robertoci

Changed my Amazon UK delivery to expedited, god damn I wanna make sure this game gets here on Tuesday. Booked a day off and all for it :(

Eh ... I feel like Franklin will be the main character.

Michael is really defined. Trevor is too undefined. Franklin is the most like other GTA characters. His 'hero's journey' will be the most significant, I think.

Franklin is the most traditional gta protagonist of the 3, the most "normal" you can say

but i would say Michael is the central protagonist of the 3, since he's been like the main focus in all the trailers... and the story seems like it follows him the most

but just my theory

MCN

Banned
I'm up in the North East and still on 'not despatched yet' from Amazon. I've got Prime though so will be getting a courier delivery, just a bit frustrating to see it might have been better off going through regular First Class postage.

On my ride into Sunderland today I saw like half a dozen ads on boards, don't usually see them for games round here, mostly just films!

Whereabouts? I live in the area myself.

You know what I think is massively underrated in the GTA series, especially SA?

The flight controls. Every aerial vehicle has a suitable weight to it, and the controls are perfectly intuitive. Shame Battlefield can't just copy it imo, although I guess it encourages a seperation of good and bad pilots to make them more convoluted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom