• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish our Amazon shipped earlier than the day before release for RDD but they just ship it via overnight/one day shipping.

im just gonna put it in auto and let it download and install by itself. Do you know if you have to leave the console on?

From what I've read pre-orders don't automatically download, you have to start it manually... As stupid as that is.

So then... why even install it in the first place? Are there any discernible benefits whatsoever?

I have a 250 GB hard drive, with like 180 gigs of space left. If it will make GTA V run even slightly better (which is why I'm asking, since I have no idea if it does or not) I figure I may as well install it.

The only thing that's likely being read off the disc is radio and TV/Internet videos and maybe cutscenes. The difference in performance between a full install and the partial install should be minimal. Just with a full install (or going DD with the PS3 version) is going to be a lack of disc spinning.

i know this might seem blasphemous so im watching spring breakers and for some odd reason the scenery in miami is so superb it made me think of a modern vice city just imaginate GTAO with touched up Liberty City and Vice City the game of the forever

I'm pretty sure parts of Spring Breakers are purposefully made to look like a video game, GTA in particular, for symbolic purposes. That movie is incredibly thematically dense.

Theecliff

Banned
My absolutely pitiful attempt, took about 5 minutes.

EaQN8lX.png

I'm sure whatever we end up using will look better than this abomination :lol
2ab.gif

Only joking ;)

red731

Just finished watching Heat.....

....feels spoiler
manly tear

Also, guys, please learn how to read - I didn't made that list :)
Thank someone other and thanks to all of us, for added movies.

Just finished watching Heat.....

....feels spoiler
manly tear

Also, guys, please learn how to read - I didn't made that list :)
Thank someone other and thanks for all of us, for added movies.

Heat's entire last hour was fantastic, everything ramped up and came together. The soundtrack was great too.

My absolutely pitiful attempt, took about 5 minutes.

I'm sure whatever we end up using will look better than this abomination :lol

I feel like playing with the emblem creator right now. I think I'm gonna make some and post them to the crew page. :D

Can I get a sense of what everyone would like to see represented in the emblem? I'll also do one or two that are nothing but my vision.

Edit: I'm ValKillmore on Social Club and coolbluehalo on 360! :D

Prompto

Banned
What's everyone doing while waiting for this game to arrive.

Other than work I'm doing a Doctor Who marathon to pass the time. Just finished season four. Won't be fully caught up before GTA V arrives, but it should keep me occupied until then.

I also stated playing GTA SA again. Although it doesn't hold up as well as I remember.
Watching some of the movies recommended in this thread, school, and reading a new book. Also going out tonight to watch the mayweather fight. That should distract me from GTA V till Tuesday.

Norns

What's everyone doing while waiting for this game to arrive.

Other than work I'm doing a Doctor Who marathon to pass the time. Just finished season four. Won't be fully caught up before GTA V arrives, but it should keep me occupied until then.

I also stated playing GTA SA again. Although it doesn't hold up as well as I remember.

8K8ao2k.jpg

Wilester

I have a tracking number for mine, but when I search it on the Royal Mail site it says...

Sorry - There is no data available for this tracking reference, please try again later

I guess we know what we'll be doing all day tomorrow and Monday...... F5! F5! F5!

Jhoan

I feel like playing with the emblem creator right now. I think I'm gonna make some and post them to the crew page. :D

Can I get a sense of what everyone would like to see represented in the emblem? I'll also do one or two that are nothing but my vision.

Edit: I'm ValKillmore on Social Club and coolbluehalo on 360! :D
There's one of an orange/black ball on a green street sign. If you could work off that one and make it more fancier, that would be great.

Oh and someone should definitely make a Community thread for 360 players/GAF Street. It would be much easier for folks to post there and keep this thread flowing more smoothly. I know there's going to be a GTA Online thread eventually which I imagine will be more general discussion oriented about people's crazy online stories and whatnot.

So I played GTA IV today, just to see if there were still people playing online. I joined a free roam match only to get obliterated by hackers. :(

Also, I don't remember the graphics being so blurry and muddy.

Gangxxter

So I played GTA IV today, just to see if there were still people playing online. I joined a free roam match only to get obliterated by hackers. :(

Also, I don't remember the graphics being so blurry and muddy.
I would be careful with playing GTA online because of possible spoilers. I think there are already major story spoilers out there :/

StuBurns

Banned
yeha same too and its freaking anoying :( i kind of start to hate ama uk, why are they shipping to people arround the world early but not to my freaking country.
They dispatched mine about 11 this morning, and I'm not even Prime. It's not like they're respecting the Monday dispatch thing in the UK, there's just a lot of orders to work through no doubt.

If this has already been posted I will remove.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA-5-Leaked-Footage-Confirms-Current-Gen-Console-Limitations-59092.html

As evidenced throughout the video, especially starting at the 12:49 mark, we can easily see the Xbox 360 absolutely struggling to keep up at times. The opening intro movie shows blotchy loading of the shadow resolution, as well as shadow and texture pop-in happening in horrendously obvious ways all throughout the video. That's not to mention that the LOD streaming almost seems to be a skip behind the beat at times, where the game is moving faster than what the hardware can keep up with.

I'm assuming the same will go for the PS3 version.

dandoolan

One thing I think is going to split everyone down the middle (and this is partly speculation based on what I've read and seen so far) is the driving. It seems to be intentionally a little unrealistic in order to make it easier to do really amazing and exciting manoeuvres while in chase. This is perfect for me, but I fear driving game fans who crave their cars to have a certain weight and feel will be disappointed.

Afrodium

Banned
I'm on team boat physics.

Loved the cars in GTA IV, I hope they haven't changed too drastically (though it sounds like they might have).

Quidam

One thing I think is going to split everyone down the middle (and this is partly speculation based on what I've read and seen so far) is the driving. It seems to be intentionally a little unrealistic in order to make it easier to do really amazing and exciting manoeuvres while in chase. This is perfect for me, but I fear driving game fans who crave their cars to have a certain weight and feel will be disappointed.

It's the only thing I've read about which disappoints me somewhat (I absolutely loved IV's driving physics) but it's a minor point for me, something I can hopefully adjust to quite easily, and if it makes the majority happy, I'm all for it.

MCN

Banned
Driving physics is a fairly minor point for me. I enjoyed the old style, and I enjoyed GTA4's style. Sounds to me like this is somewhere in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom