• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Has Rockstar released any info on the character creation tools for GTA Online?

Just had a crack and managed to whip this up:

erT7jy2.png

Pretty basic but should do the job for now.

That's awesome, I'm all for that being the logo.

Zukuu

Banned
The op should be updated with the PS3/360 Gaf-Crew threads and other vital information such as HDD size needed to download it or preload dates etc. I've seen the same questions pop so often.

It's the only thing I've read about which disappoints me somewhat (I absolutely loved IV's driving physics) but it's a minor point for me, something I can hopefully adjust to quite easily, and if it makes the majority happy, I'm all for it.

I feel exactly the same way. I was speaking with a co-worker and he said the one thing he hated the most about IV was it's driving, which I thought was odd as it was the one thing I loved the most. But, from what's been shown, it does seem to be more exciting with its increased accessibility.

MCN

Banned
I feel exactly the same way. I was speaking with a co-worker and he said the one thing he hated the most about IV was it's driving, which I thought was odd as it was the one thing I loved the most. But, from what's been shown, it does seem to be more exciting with its increased accessibility.

I think this is more designed for cruising along the freeways, which there wasn't much opportunity for in 4.

The driving in IV was very divisive. A lot of people think it's amazing, a lot of people hate it. Finding a middle ground is preferable and hopefully with all of the customisation they've added everyone can create the perfect car for them. Personally I think IV's driving was technically great, but too unforgiving for an open world game; a side-effect of Rockstar making to the game more serious than some fans want out of this genre.

Has Rockstar released any info on the character creation tools for GTA Online?

It won't feature typical sliders for facial features, instead you pick your parents and grandparents and it determines how you look (naturally it'll still be heavily customisable via hair, clothes and tattoo's too). It sounds bizarre, I'll have to wait and see how it works.

GTA IV's driving had a very steep learning curve in order for every car to be driveable without taking unnecessary u turns.

Take into consideration that a lot of people tend to play the GTA games for their enjoyment and just want to cruise through the game without having to worry that a dumpster truck handles like a carriage.

They are not all like us where we play dozens of hours on end to learn how every car works.

So if I get this off the PSN store now can I start pre-loading tomorrow? I'm in the EU btw.

Also why is it 70 EUR on the store? :/ Seems unusually high. But I'd love the added convenience of actually getting a copy and being able to play right as it unlocks

Gaz_RB

Lol that silly skill argument again? GTA 4's driving was garbage, that's it.

lol i love when people put "that's it" or "period" at the end of an opinion

im excited to see if their is continuity between gta online and gta 5..

will michael trevor and franklin be npcs in gta online?

Think it was confirmed that the main characters won't, but some of the side characters like Lamar will!

Lol that silly skill argument again? GTA 4's driving was garbage, that's it.
It was my favorite mechanic of the whole game. I hated it the first several hours I played it, but after it clicked driving around felt so good. Zipping around corners and weaving in and out of traffic was always intense because it required a degree of precision based on the weight and handling of the vehicle. Because of that, it's always very satisfying to zoom around without wrecking yourself. It feels like an accomplishment.

I'm perfectly fine with any changes they make to driving in V, though. I'm curious to see how Rockstar is going to change it up to make it more appealing to the masses. However it ends up, I'm sure I'll adapt to and enjoy it.

So if I get this off the PSN store now can I start pre-loading tomorrow? I'm in the EU btw.

Also why is it 70 EUR on the store? :/ Seems unusually high. But I'd love the added convenience of actually getting a copy and being able to play right as it unlocks

They know how popular the game is so ask 70 for it. It is basically stealing that extra 10 from your fans.

Gangxxter

IV's driving physics were okay, I enjoyed them. But to be honest, the cars really felt a little bit like boats.
Apparently this issue has been addressed in V so I'm really looking forward to the new driving physics!

Norns

I'm perfectly fine with any changes they make to driving in V, though. I'm curious to see how Rockstar is going to change it up to make it more appealing to the masses. However it ends up, I'm sure I'll adapt to and enjoy it.

I'd be happy if it felt closer to Midnight Club LA's drive model.

God I want another Midnight Club game...

kev26b

You can start pre-loading from 3pm

bidguy

Banned

euro (currency) countries get fucked with pricing all the time

im paying 69€ on amazon germany while the brit pays around 45€

so I went on the official website of steven ogg (AKA TREVOR) and he doesn't mention that he is part of GTA 5, the most anticipated game this year, you think he would mention something, same as ned luke..

do they have to wait until the game is released to say something..

Zukuu

Banned
Wait eu psn store is 70€?

For 18€ less I'll gladly wait a few hours more. Costed me 52€ to get 60 Dollar US PSN credits. Just can't preload.

so I went on the official website of steven ogg (AKA TREVOR) and he doesn't mention that he is part of GTA 5, the most anticipated game this year, you think he would mention something, same as ned luke..

do they have to wait until the game is released to say something..

Yeah, I'm sure they're not allowed to publicly say anything until Tuesday.

Gaz_RB

No spoilers, but I'm about 10 hrs in and this game is everything I'd hoped it would be and more. Just incredible.

fuck you

Sorry I get jealous outbursts at people who already have the game, I can't help it. Carry on, glad you're enjoying it! Savor it!

I broke down and watched a stream of the PS3 version...the guy was just roaming around, but it looked good. Performance wise, I was happy with what I saw.

Hope the shooting's good...

I'd be happy if it felt closer to Midnight Club LA's drive model.

God I want another Midnight Club game...
I've not played a dedicated racing game since Cruisin' USA way back on the N64. Isn't Midnight Club a Rockstar game though? Did MC LA come out post GTA IV? It seems like they've incorporated elements in V from all of their other games since 2008, so if the driving mechanics in MC LA were well-received it doesn't seemed far fetched to think that they will include elements of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom