• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
you really don't know how mediamarkt looks like ? :p
Lived in Spain for a few years, so I've been to MM a couple of times, but it's been a while :p
I saw the colour red, and I assumed.

EDIT: Taking a closer look at the pic, yeah I can see that's clearly not MM :]

Also, I want Rockstar North's babies.
For all of their pretentiousness and arrogance, it's absurd how talented of a team they have. Right up there with Naughty Dog, and older-era Nintendo in terms of being brilliant pioneers in pushing the medium forward.

Norns

I've not played a dedicated racing game since Cruisin' USA way back on the N64. Isn't Midnight Club a Rockstar game though? Did MC LA come out post GTA IV? It seems like they've incorporated elements in V from all of their other games since 2008, so if the driving mechanics in MC LA were well-received it doesn't seemed far fetched to think that they will include elements of it.

Midnight Club is a rockstar game, yes. Same team that did Red Dead.

MCN

Banned
For all of their pretentiousness and arrogance, it's absurd how talented of a team they have. Right up there with Naughty Dog, and older-era Nintendo in terms of being brilliant pioneers in pushing the medium forward.

They're the best thing to come out of Edinburgh since the A1(M).

euro (currency) countries get fucked with pricing all the time

im paying 69€ on amazon germany while the brit pays around 45€

That much? Here in Finland normal supermarkets are the only ones with those ridiculous 69€ prices (majority of people still buy all the games from these) . From internet stores and specific small game retailers you can get new games with normal 59€ price tag or even little cheaper.

Norns

What exactly makes Rockstar North pretentious or arrogant. Can you give an example?

MormaPope

Banned
Can anyone see the new emblem in Gaf Street? It says I changed the emblem and when I go to create an emblem it shows up with the "start new" prompt. So it technically changed but it isn't showing itself.

I love Rockstar, probably my favorite developer, but Social Club makes me want to tear my hair out.

What exactly makes Rockstar North pretentious or arrogant. Can you give an example?
The most recent example is Buckethead being hassled by Rockstar's legal team for creating this very thread.

I'm sure somebody else can flesh my statement out if they want. I recall plenty of similar issues like this coming out in the past, I just can't remember the specifics of them

MCN

Banned
Is this a new picture?

660x373.jpg

Pagusas

Elden Member
I'm playing the xbox 360 version. I've not come across anything I dislike about the game yet. Next week is going to be insane for the gaming community.

If you wouldn't mind, could you tell us what you've experience so far on the technical side? Pretty stable performance? How is the pop in? Experiencing lots of random pedestrians fading in?

Gaz_RB

I would pay $60 for a GTA IV mod that patches in Max Payne 3's shooting mechanics. Game would be a lot more fun than it already is!

Just think, we have it all to look forward to :)

I'm so done with looking forward to it! I want it in my Xbox 360!

Haha I'm like a spoiled little kid... I hate getting this hyped for games

They make it seem like they think they're too good for E3 and Gamescom and such.

StuBurns

Banned
The most recent example is Buckethead being hassled by Rockstar's legal team for creating this very thread.

I'm sure somebody else can flesh my statement out if they want. I recall plenty of similar issues like this coming out in the past, I just can't remember the specifics of them
Legal teams or PR are hardly the same thing. I met a few R* North folk last year, they were extremely down to Earth and charming.

Cheddahz

Banned

Wait, did their legal team really go against this thread?

Wireframe

If you wouldn't mind, could you tell us what you've experience so far on the technical side? Pretty stable performance? How is the pop in? Experiencing lots of random pedestrians fading in?

Well the game requires a mandatory install so things run very well. The draw distance is great and I've not noticed any glaring pop in from anything really, even the buildings etc on the horizon.

Gaz_RB

Wait, did their legal team really go against this thread?

OP (Buckethead) just said he was talking to their legal team back and forth. DIdn't really go into it. Later he came back with some exclusive GTA artwork given to GAF for the OT by Rockstar. Obviously he didn't really go into detail about it, but it seemed like it worked out.

PrimeRib_

No dice on picking this one up early, tried Target, Toys R Us and GameStop (lol) - I preordered PS3 version for their midnight launch. Tuesday's going to be a Red Bull kind of day ...

Raxious

Wait, Buckethead actually got contacted by R* legal team?

Well the game requires a mandatory install so things run very well. The draw distance is great and I've not noticed any glaring pop in from anything really, even the buildings etc on the horizon.

The draw distance is great but overall performance doesn't seem that great to me

Norns

OP (Buckethead) just said he was talking to their legal team back and forth. DIdn't really go into it. Later he came back with some exclusive GTA artwork given to GAF for the OT by Rockstar. Obviously he didn't really go into detail about it.

God, Rockstar sounds terrible, giving him exclusive artwork for the thread and all.

What I'd like to know is if anyone has been noticing a big difference in pop-in between the two versions. A couple people in the OT are reporting the issue is far worse on the 360 version, though I haven't really seen an example of this other than when flying through the city. Anyone see any major differences in regards to that from what we've seen so far?

Edit: lol guess I'm in the OT after all whoops!

Cheddahz

Banned

Cheddahz - "I'm here to cancel my pre-order on GTA V"
Cashier "Why are you doing that?!? This game is going to be sold out on Tuesday and you won't have a copy
Cheddahz - "I actually pre-ordered it somewhere else and I get $20 for free to use on my Xbox Live account, so I'll have a copy on Tuesday"
Cashier - "Well....ok then"

OP (Buckethead) just said he was talking to their legal team back and forth. DIdn't really go into it. Later he came back with some exclusive GTA artwork given to GAF for the OT by Rockstar. Obviously he didn't really go into detail about it, but it seemed like it worked out.

Well this didn't sound as bad as I thought it was going to be. I thought they were suing him or something, lol

flonty

God I can not wait play this game, monday and tuesday work will be painfull.
I haven't been this hyped for a gta games since Vice City

Man, I'm so pumped! Technically, I have to wait until Monday, as for me I usually count Review embargo days as when a game officially releases for me (yeah, weird story).

Aranath

Just thought I'd share some info for the people who pre-ordered through Amazon UK and had their orders sent today.

Their customer service just informed me that the games are being sent using Royal Mail Tracking 48, not 24, which is a 2-3 business day service. Which means it's probable they won't come on Monday and could possibly even come on Wednesday.

I'm rather pissed off at this news, considering I used Prime One Day delivery for this. Not to mention I'm moving to another country on Wednesday and kind of need my copy on Tuesday, which I was guaranteed to get.

On top of that I can't even track it because they gave me an incorrect tracking code and are unable to supply me with a correct one because it's a "known issue."

Legal teams or PR are hardly the same thing. I met a few R* North folk last year, they were extremely down to Earth and charming.
Oh sure, I'm not at all trying to advocate that each individual Rockstar employee is arrogant or anything absurd like that. It's just the persona that the company as a whole projects.

I had no idea that this thread got exclusive artwork from Rockstar. Neat.

This still doesn't change my perception of them. Never going to game conventions, allegations of poor working conditions and hours (though to be fair, they did respond to that accusation), their fetish with secrecy, etc. They have this larger than life image (which is of course well deserved in many ways), but with that comes the aforementioned negative connotations.

Then again, hell, when you are that huge it just helps make you a bigger target.

Rockstar is one of my favorite developers, so it doesn't really matter. I'm just trying to explain my personal perception of them. Maybe it doesn't even hold up under scrutiny. I probably originally formed that opinion during my heavy drinking years back in the day and never took the time to re-examine it.

Just thought I'd share some info for the people who pre-ordered through Amazon UK and had their orders sent today.

Their customer service just informed me that the games are being sent using Royal Mail Tracking 48, not 24, which is a 2-3 business day service. Which means it's probable they won't come on Monday and could possibly even come on Wednesday.

I'm rather pissed off at this news, considering I used Prime One Day delivery for this. Not to mention I'm moving to another country on Wednesday and kind of need my copy on Tuesday, which I was guaranteed to get.

On top of that I can't even track it because they gave me an incorrect tracking code and are unable to supply me with a correct one because it's a "known issue."

Mines has not been dispatched yet, I thought they would be using 1st class since 95% of the time it arrives the next day.

Wilester

The Royal Mail website:

Royal Mail Tracked 48™ has a delivery aim of two days for over 94% of postcodes.

So unless you live in the middle of nowhere, it's likely Tuesday. But almost certainly not Monday :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom