• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolfgang

Ya. Jesus.

X6JVLyG.png

2pW6QpX.png

DHP846v.png

Wob3QjG.png

Pot is illegal in the States, right?

LOL this post made me laugh! I will be pretty pumped when I pick up my CE from gamestop on Monday night (if I am not dead exhausted for being awake for 21 hours already due to work). I will probably open the game and put my hat on, but that's about it.

tumblr_m6fsenVWeY1rwcc6bo1_250.gif

XAL

This is completely false.

I know that from comparison shots the 360 has a wee bit better draw distance/less pop-in at range.

Right now I'm deciding if PS3 or 360 should be my dedicated GTAV machine.

Have both PS+ and Gold. Controller doesn't matter to me. Friends list doesn't matter. Don't have anymore game discs for either aside from Halo 4 which I won't be playing anymore.

If I trade in my PS3 I can get like 100, 130 for the 360.

gahhhhhhhh

solarus

AC3 was one of the biggest disappointments of this gen, game was fucking awful. Last of us 3 stars and AC3 5 stars? Can't take any of his controversial opinions seriously.

hlhbk

What exactly do you folks, against this 11 year old playing the game, think will happen after he plays it? Do you think he'll turn to a life of crime, turn into a maniac, try to solicit prostitutes?

He'll play the game, have fun, beat it and move on. America and Europe have become such nanny state places it's a wonder you'd think how western society even got to this point.

Kids are not dumb, they are inquisitive, smart and able to deduce many things if given the chance. Something a lot of adults have problems with today.

I was 4-6 when I'd play games like Doom, Wolfenstein, Mortal Kombat, and watch a shitload of rated R and horror movies. This kid's parents are obviously not absentee and I predict he'll grow up to be a pretty normal person. There are kids making bombs in Syria right now and we're worried Little Timmy shouldn't be playing a video game with mature themes/content.

Man it depends on the kid. I too was playing Doom and saw movies like Predator at a young age. There are however children that can't handle it those types of things, and to make a general statement that they can is irresponsible at best. I know of kids that saw movies like Stephen King's IT and are still trauamatized by it.

It's not babying children, its gauging what they can handle and then judge if you want your kids to see it.

The only reason myself and the others around me informed the mother at the GTA IV launch about the game was because it was obvious she had no clue what it was. If she had seen it and bought it for her kid then more power to her.

As far as Syria I am not touching that with a 10 foot pole.

Rolfgang

I know that from comparison shots the 360 has a wee bit better draw distance/less pop-in at range.

Right now I'm deciding if PS3 or 360 should be my dedicated GTAV machine.

Have both PS+ and Gold. Controller doesn't matter to me. Friends list doesn't matter. Don't have anymore game discs for either aside from Halo 4 which I won't be playing anymore.

If I trade in my PS3 I can get like 100, 130 for the 360.

gahhhhhhhh

I would go for the 360 version. The 360 is just the safe bet with Rockstar-games this generation.

Gaz_RB

AC3 was one of the biggest disappointments of this gen, game was fucking awful. Last of us 3 stars and AC3 5 stars? Can't take any of his controversial opinions seriously.

Yeah. Like, I respect that's its his opinion and everything... But really?

solarus

I have ps plus but no gold but I think the 360 controller is leagues better than the dualshock, I wonder if it's worth sacrificing online play (well until i get gold, if ever) for a more comfortable controller. Don't really want to cancel pre order at this point, I bet amazon won't get me it on release day if I do.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
They both play/look similar. All open world games will have pop-ins

Saw a lot on 360, saw alot on ps3

Pick one and be happy with it

Rolfgang

I have ps plus but no gold but I think the 360 controller is leagues better than the dualshock, I wonder if it's worth sacrificing online play (well until i get gold, if ever) for a more comfortable controller. Don't really want to cancel pre order at this point, I bet amazon won't get me it on release day if I do.

I buy my 12 months Gold for around 30 - 35 euros each year, so that's just peanuts for a whole year. Just look for sales and stuff on certain websites.

Husker86

I just broke down and preordered today from Amazon and they are still giving release day delivery for both systems. Well, in the US at least.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Rockstar games have all been better performance wise on 360 this gen.
I'm not talking about performance.

I just personally have fond memories of playing GTA3 on PS2 and I owned GTA4 on both consoles and I much preferred playing it on the PS3. I know it's odd but for nostalgia reasons I enjoy playing on Sony consoles.

Newlove

My copy was dispatched a few hours ago so it's in the realm of possibility to receive it a day early...if Rockstar haven't requested otherwise.

hlhbk

I'm not talking about performance.

I just personally have fond memories of playing GTA3 on PS2 and I owned GTA4 on both consoles and I much preferred playing it on the PS3. I know it's odd but for nostalgia reasons I enjoy playing on Sony consoles.

I never thought of it that way. I am old enough that my idea of nostalgia is the NES :). To me I have no allegiance to either console. I play the game where ever I can get the best performance, PC, or consoles.

What exactly do you folks, against this 11 year old playing the game, think will happen after he plays it? Do you think he'll turn to a life of crime, turn into a maniac, try to solicit prostitutes?
Of course not. But life progresses in stages, and being exposed to intense violence and explicit sexual content and hard drug use and the worst language that can be constructed by human minds is not something a kid who is worrying about whether his crush will talk to him at school or if he'll have a lot of homework for the weekend should be saturated in. The world corrupts everybody's innocence eventually, but why rush the process?

L.A. Noire was made by Team Bondi and was not running on RAGE.

Wasn't L.A. Noire also announced as PS3 only when it first game about?

Yup. It was an exclusive that eventually changed to multi-plat.

Point is, all R* developed open world games released for the consoles have performed/looked better on the 360. That said, from what I've seen, it seems that the differences this time are very very negligible. It really seems like there is a lot parity between the two and that it's going to great regardless of which platform you play it on.

StuBurns

Banned
Of course not. But life progresses in stages, and being exposed to intense violence and explicit sexual content and hard drug use and the worst language that can be constructed by human minds is not something a kid who is worrying about whether his crush will talk to him at school or if he'll have a lot of homework for the weekend should be saturated in. The world corrupts everybody's innocence eventually, but why rush the process?
But some people progress quicker. Should the average 11 year old go to uni? No, of course not. But does that mean Carson Huey-You, who recently did so at 11, should be stopped because most 11 year olds aren't of nearly comparable intellect?

There was a lot tech shared from the RAGE engine though it seems. Didn't they even credit it in the credits?

i believe R* stepped in as Team Bondi was going through development hell and progress wasn't happening at the rate it should have been. I'd imagine they share some tech.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Watching some of that 2 hour HD 360 gameplay. Couldnt resist. I am pleased that Max Payne 3 has taught the GTA crew a thing or two about "stuff". I see great potential for missions that might actually feel like they are out of a 12 hour linear game.

Dont want to spoil.

So I checked my local Craigslist to see if anyone is selling an early copy and yeah... there's a guy who apparently has a bunch of copies and is trying to offload them for $160. If money was no object, I would probably bite.

People need to stop commenting on specific performance differences between the PS3/360 right now. There simply isn't enough to go on; one or two people mention lower FPS on the PS3 or worse pop-in on the 360 and it's being regurgitated as a consensus. The only thing we know for sure right now is that the game looks and performs well on both consoles, with no clear difference between the two (as is immediately apparent in RDR, for example). Don't worry about it; go for which version you want, or wait until we have some better material with which to make a comparison.

But some people progress quicker. Should the average 11 year old go to uni? No, of course not. But does that mean Carson Huey-You, who recently did so at 11, should be stopped because most 11 year olds aren't of nearly comparable intellect?
I... guess? It seems more like the extreme exception than the rule. I suppose theoretically there could be an 11 year old who's mind has developed enough to properly process everything (I'm not sure what actual developmental psychology would say on the matter, but I'm curious to look into it if anybody with more knowledge in that department wants to chime in), but it would make me sad to imagine such a child. He/she would have assuredly seen some shit, man

I'm speaking from the perspective of living in a comfortable first world country, obviously. I'm assuming child soldiers and the like could handle GTA V just fine.

Gaz_RB

Watching some of that 2 hour HD 360 gameplay. Couldnt resist. I am pleased that Max Payne 3 has taught the GTA crew a thing or two about "stuff". I see great potential for missions that might actually feel like they are out of a 12 hour linear game.

Dont want to spoil.
Yeah the Max Payne 3 style shooting has me hyped almost more than Los Santos.

XAL

People need to stop commenting on specific performance differences between the PS3/360 right now. There simply isn't enough to go on; one or two people mention lower FPS on the PS3 or worse pop-in on the 360 and it's being regurgitated as a consensus. The only thing we know for sure right now is that the game looks and performs well on both consoles, with no clear difference between the two. Don't worry about it; go for which version you want, or wait until we have some better material with which to make a comparison.

When does DF post their analysis?

Uiki

I hate gta4. I hate rdr. Never liked either of them. And I played like 300 hours between 3 gta's old gen.

I think that rockstar lost it.

Thought.

I played gta5 for 6 hours straight and I fucking lost track of time.

It's that good.

I hate gta4. I hate rdr. Never liked either of them. And I played like 300 hours between 3 gta's old gen.

I think that rockstar lost.

Thought.

I played gta5 for 6 hours straight and I fucking lost track of time.

It's that good.
Oh man, I love hearing this from somebody who disliked IV and Red Dead. I loved those games, so this inspires great confidence. As if I needed any more.

Linius

This thread has been getting slower :/

That's a good thing. There's no fun in threads that move so fast you can't even keep up with them if you go to work or got stuff to do. Everytime I went to work and got back home there were so many new pages it would be a chore to read it all back :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom