• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember waking up way before I had to get up for school to play vice city then taking the Manuel with me to read on the boss and in class all day. Rockstar to me made some of the best manuals to read

shield

...just 2 more days...just 2 more days....just 2 more days....

fxIDRZQ.jpg

Kinda bummed those steelcases don't actually come with a slipcover

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah it started to die down after it leaked. I guess everyone just went to the spoilers thread. I was there for about a day. I wish i didn't but what i saw was beautiful. Thank god the story is still not spoiled for me.

Many of us in the spoiler thread just want to see random carnage. Theres been barely any story talk at all, saving that for ourselves :)

U2NUMB

The hype really has me now.. Already have it pre ordered for me.. my brothers birthday is the 18th and I know he can not afford it... even though I already got him a gift I just pre ordered with release day delivery.. hope it makes his B day

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
I wish I could upgrade to a special edition, anyone know if you could walk in and pick one up from anywhere?

KB24

The hype really has me now.. Already have it pre ordered for me.. my brothers birthday is the 18th and I know he can not afford it... even though I already got him a gift I just pre ordered with release day delivery.. hope it makes his B day

That's love right there, man. I'm sure it'll make his day.

shield

What? They don't?!

It's not a deal breaker or anything, but it would suck not having the original box art in some form for the CE...

that's kind of a bummer. I wonder did they just post it for advertising, or was it a limited number of those?

Link providing this info? Why would they show in the picture if its not included?

Yep... I watched an unboxing video earlier and there was so sign of a slipcover.

Edit: Here's the video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cToQvoeoRFo

Pyccko

Wait was I supposed to get a poster for preordering the CE at gamestop?

I got a poster when I preordered some months ago, back when they were giving out those little viewfinders. It's not that poster though. One side is the girl getting arrested by the lady cop, and the other is Franklin and Chop. I think I like the one posted here better.

It's funny, I keep debating about whether or not I should keep my physical preorder and do the whole midnight launch business and what not, or just wait a few more hours for the digital version, but I'm more inclined to get the physical copy JUST so I don't have to wait any longer. In the grand scheme of things, the logical thing to do is to go digital, but fuck am I impatient with my hype. The fucked up part is that my download speeds are pretty high. I actually got to play TLoU on launch night after only waiting 2 and a half hours.

Anybody else having the same emotional problem? ;_;

GrizzNKev

Banned
It's funny, I keep debating about whether or not I should keep my physical preorder and do the whole midnight launch business and what not, or just wait a few more hours for the digital version, but I'm more inclined to get the physical copy JUST so I don't have to wait any longer. In the grand scheme of things, the logical thing to do is to go digital, but fuck am I impatient with my hype. The fucked up part is that my download speeds are pretty high. I actually got to play TLoU on launch night after only waiting 2 and a half hours.

Anybody else having the same emotional problem? ;_;

Go do the midnight launch. As long as the weather doesn't suck, it's fun to hang with some people that are all excited about the same thing. Unless you hate people.

hlhbk

Go do the midnight launch. As long as the weather doesn't suck, it's fun to hang with some people that are all excited about the same thing. Unless you hate people.

Just be aware you could easily be spoiled since the game is in the wild. I have been to midnight launches where the idiots are talking about spoilers.

Yep. Just make sure to wear headphones just incase some douche decides to yell out spoilers.

That's the one thing i'm worried about. I'm one of the few designated drivers still left here on GAF, and although I was INCREDIBLY tempted to take a peep at a youtube video(protip: don't serach "gta v" to see the trailers again), I've kept my tongue dry. Like I wouldn't really be bothered if somebody shot me in the parking lot and took my copy of the game and the pulse elite headset, but if somebody spoiled literally any mission of the game...

I'm gonna be pissed.

hlhbk

*crosses fingers*

I hope so!

To me its not a deal breaker. I bought Metroid Prime Trilogy CE and I have no idea where the slip cover is (though I know its around here somewhere). The Metroid case was sweet enough without the slip cover I am good.

hlhbk

My #1 concern.

But its not like I'll be able to not go. I must. So hopefully everyone fucking behaves. :D

It happened to me at the Batman Arkham City midnight launch. I was so pissed. I finally told the guys to go outside instead of spoiling the game for the rest of us. They got pissy and were allowed to stay.

That was the last midnight launch I attended, and I will be going back to the same gamestop monday night. I am debating on showing up at like 12:15 and hopefully the line will be about gone. I am scared to do that however because my gamestop is actually starting the checkout process at 6 PM and then you come back and getting the game will be quick.

I'm going pretty strong so far as far as spoilers go; nothing but GAF till tuesday. Paid off my preorder today, gonna roll right in and pick it up monday evening. This is gonna be a damn good game and I can't fucking wait.

sappyday

I saw a tweet from Sony that you can download the game starting 12:00 AM EST so that means here in the west we'll be able to download it at 9?

bidguy

Banned
I hope this has an option to install the _ENTIRE_ game to the HDD, I put an SSD in my PS3 for a reason. GTA4 (and DLC) loads quite a portion to the HDD, but when it's loading a mission you can see the HDD light on as well as the optical chirping away with seeks :(

One thing I can't wait for in next gen, is totally loaded to local disk games - even though I hope to buy via retail (digital downloaded games are a fucking ripoff in Australia, thank fuck for region free optical Sony ♥)

it has to be optimised for ssd in order to show noticeable difference. i doubt rockstar thought about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom