• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAP151

Just about 48 hours until the release of Grand Theft Auto V.

Wagszilla-2Daysz.jpg

Stay strong!

Just under 36 hours for me.

Tomorrow is gonna hurt.

I have a whopping 79 posts, well 80 now... But I've been signed up here for over six years.

So in those 80 posts and over the six years you've been here, you must have contributed meaningfully to the community, or you would have been banned or remained a junior.

I'm right. :)

On a on-topic note, are you more excited to explore Los Santos or Blaine County? Personally I want to go STRAIGHT to South Los Santos. To me it has the potential to have the most appealing surroundings in the game. I could be totally wrong but I shall see!

hlhbk

Kind of off topic but one of the things I wish they would implement into the PS4 is the option of installing the full game to your HDD. I realize some PS3 games are larger due to them being on Blu-ray, but at least leave the option to the user since you give them the option of installing their own HDD. To me that is a major benefit of the 360. Heck there are PC games that are 30+ GB that we install to our hard drives.

I said this in another thread, but I'll repeat it here. One thing I'd love to see in GTA V that was not in GTA IV is the ability to call ambulances for people other than yourself. There are so many times when there was an injured civilian (I either saw them, or their injury was caused by me). Sometimes an ambulance showed up, sometimes they didn't. Many times when the ambulance showed up, it drove off without doing anything. When you call an ambulance, they come for you. If you are not there (or not injured) they get mad and leave, ignoring the civilian writhing in the street in pain. Also, what was the point of firetrucks in GTA IV. The only time there was a fire was when
Roman's business burns down
. I think it would be cool if fires could actually exist (be it a building, or a car).

Also, this mod would be awesome as a real feature:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwGMIeWszns

KAP151

I said this in another thread, but I'll repeat it here. One thing I'd love to see in GTA V that was not in GTA IV is the ability to call ambulances for people other than yourself. There are so many times when there was an injured civilian (I either saw them, or their injury was caused by me). Sometimes an ambulance showed up, sometimes they didn't. Many times when the ambulance showed up, it drove off without doing anything. When you call an ambulance, they come for you. If you are not there (or not injured) they get mad and leave, ignoring the civilian writhing in the street in pain. Also, what was the point of firetrucks in GTA IV. The only time there was a fire was when
Roman's business burns down. I think it would be cool if fires could actually exist (be it a building, or a car).

Also, this mod would be awesome as a real feature:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwGMIeWszns
Remember to add /spoiler to the end there bud.

Heimbeck

Banned
Did I read somewhere that there will be a editor that gamers can use to create missions for other players to play?

Yes, I think it's in the GTA:O trailer.
I think you have to play like an hour or something before you can start making stuff though.

Did I read somewhere that there will be a editor that gamers can use to create missions for other players to play?

You did! Its exclusive to GTA Online.

Also, I believe they'll initially make available deathmatch and race gametypes for you to be able to edit missions more, then eventually open more up after people get accustomed to the mechanics.

To me it seems as if Rockstar is doing everything right. So goddamn exciting.

d31m0s

Yeah it started to die down after it leaked. I guess everyone just went to the spoilers thread. I was there for about a day. I wish i didn't but what i saw was beautiful. Thank god the story is still not spoiled for me.

Went in saw the pause screen left and never went back i want freshness too many games have been spoiled prerelease game wise

bidguy

Banned
As long as the game has a significant portion of the content on the hard disk, load times will decrease. Period.

nope.

The difference is not as significant as a PC due to the CPU "processing" stuff

its not significant because the ps3 doesnt support trim nor does it support sata3.
the os is simply not optimised for ssd because its old as fuck.

If GTA5 is loaded entirely to the disk, cutscene loading would be shorter, initial game load would be shorter and when the game does it's constant seek / seek / seek/ seek disk access (as GTA is infamous for) those seeks would take less time. (sometimes the seeks could slow down / lock up the PS2 and PS3 GTA games, moreso PS2)

i dont know what differences you got by playing with ssds but you should check again

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Thank god football's tomorrow. Between that and my planned viewing of Heat that should take up the entire day.

Then it's just that pesky final day...

Gotta watch heat tonight, Breaking bad tomorrow and mnf on well... Monday... actually bengals steelers , ewww

That really sucks. I usually hate multiplayer, but from what I have seen I may give GTA Online a try. I just wish players could make single player story based missions.

Well hopefully you'll be able to adjust the nimber of private slots when matchmaking. If thats the case, simply add 15 private slots then you'll be in the Online environment with nobody around but you. You could do that in IV.

hlhbk

Thank god football's tomorrow. Between that and my planned viewing of Heat that should take up the entire day.

Then it's just that pesky final day...

I am pretty much booked until launch. Today was college football (Ohio State looks great!), tomorrow is the NFL (Go Raiders!) and Breaking Bad, and then Monday I gotta be at work at 5 AM-4 PM, gonna sleep a few hours when I get home or I will be up 21 hours at midnight and will pass out when I get home :). From there wake up, spend a little time with the wife watching MNF, and then pick up the game!

diggler41

This match is brought to you by:

Grand theft auto 5

Oh... god that's right! Last weekend had tons of GTAV commercials. There's no getting away. Every time one came on I would nudge my wife and be like, "Look honey! Doesn't it look amazing?!" lol. She doesn't really care but I can't help myself when it comes to these big releases.

Derrick01

Banned
This match is brought to you by:

Grand theft auto 5

I've seen that ad so many times on TV already that it does nothing to me anymore. It's good to see they're letting the entire world know a new GTA is coming, I don't think anyone would have known otherwise!

Monday is review day, which will keep me occupied.

Ah yeah that should provide a good few hours of frustration entertainment on here.

hlhbk said:
(Go Raiders!)

Eww gross. Everyone knows the Broncos have that division on lock :)

Oh... god that's right! Last weekend had tons of GTAV commercials. There's no getting away. Every time one came on I would nudge my wife and be like, "Look honey! Doesn't it look amazing?!" lol. She doesn't really care but I can't help myself when it comes to these big releases.

My wife teases the shit out of me about it too, but she is legit excited for the sharks. She loves sharks. And the possibilitybto seim around with them there is exciting for her hehe

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures

The other day a saints row commercial came on during football and my wife yelled to come look another gta commercial was on.

MormaPope

Banned
Monday is review day, which will keep me occupied.

I loathe the upcoming Monday. Its going to be a bloodbath, I expect people to somehow lose their shit over high scores even though they joke about moneyhats and other unfunny bits. I don't think I can handle "This is just like GTA IV, this game is probably shit, we're being fooled" especially since I've seen a lot of leaked free roam footage.

I can't honestly say I've enjoyed any review thread for big releases. If anti intellectualism and blind spite had a child, it would be NeoGaf review threads.

hlhbk

I'm glad to see another Raiders fan! :D

It's been a rough 11 years, and I have been absolutely not sold on the new regime, but last week was a bit eye opening. I expected absolute shit heading into this season as I didn't believe in Dennis Allen or Reggie. I may have to reevaluate my status on that. Allen and Tarver's D looked awesome last week, and Pryor looked like the real deal. If we lose to Jacksonville all that progress means nothing, but I liked what I saw last week on the road against a damn good indy team.

Sorry for going off topic everyone. :)

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I've been playing IV from the start again. I have to say, it's graphically not as bad as I thought I remembered. Maybe because Im from NY, it feels more like playing in my back yard, and feels like NY should as far as the world. The draw distance for a console isn't that bad in 4 either. NY has a ton of buildings, that might cause the frame rate issues on its own, but, it's still VERY playable. Can't wait for V.

hlhbk

I loathe the upcoming Monday. Its going to be a bloodbath, I expect people to somehow lose their shit over high scores even though they joke about moneyhats and other unfunny bits. I don't think I can handle "This is just like GTA IV, this game is probably shit, we're being fooled" especially since I've seen a lot of leaked free roam footage.

I can't honestly say I've enjoyed any review thread for big releases. If anti intellectualism and blind spite had a child, it would be NeoGaf review threads.

Agreed. The Bioshock Infinite review thread was brutal in how many people were bashing the great scores.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

I won't be partaking in the inevitable review shit fest, that's for sure. Monday is complete a blackout day for me; don't even want to read people complaining either way about the reviews the game will get.

Heimbeck

Banned
I've been playing IV from the start again. I have to say, it's graphically not as bad as I thought I remembered. Maybe because Im from NY, it feels more like playing in my back yard, and feels like NY should as far as the world. The draw distance for a console isn't that bad in 4 either. NY has a ton of buildings, that might cause the frame rate issues on its own, but, it's still VERY playable. Can't wait for V.

I played through it for the first time about a month ago, really fun cover and shooting were not great bu I would say that's because it's over five years old.

hlhbk

I won't be partaking in the inevitable review shit fest, that's for sure. Monday is complete blackout day for me, don't even want to read people complaining either way about the reviews the game will get.

Oh I will be reading reviews. I however won't be reading GAF's metdown over all the perfect scores.

EDIT: I think I am addicted to this thread. I have been refreshing adn responding to this thread for about 5 hours now. :p

DukeBobby

Agreed.

I'm actually interested in reading the reviews, and not getting involved with all the bickering and bullshit.

Loxley

It's funny, people on GAF shit on reviewers for being "predictable" with high scores for certain games, but one can just as easily predict GAF shitting on high reviews. There's a complete lack of self-awareness that has become seriously grating this year.

It's all hypocritical bullshit that just makes people look like assholes. I honestly don't know who they're trying to impress when they freak out at some media outlet for enjoying a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom