• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamfall

Can't wait for tomorrow. Midnight launch tradition of me and my friends hitting up Applebees around 10pm to devour a ton of half-price apps then walking across the street to Gamestop to pick our game up.

Although I have a 3 hour night class at 6pm. Ah well, tomorrow is gonna be rad.

There's a sense of tradition when you go with the homies to a midnight launch, a feeling like no other!

Getting there early to get my number on the receipt- meeting a friend to get shakes and burger, and the smoking until Midnight!

We really out here!

GrayGrey

Neo Member
DO IT! It's an experience in it's own right! This happens once every half decade!

Real talk, the GTA IV release was the craziest launch I'd ever been a part of. First in line got dropped in the parking lot, Police showed up late. GTA is no joke!

Lmao the irony is palpable!

Here it is:

3HY76om.jpg

Very accurate as far as I can tell.
San Andreas is missing but would be about half the size of V.

I wonder about Planetside 2? Pretty massive map in that game as well

I'll be headed out to my local Gamestop and they are expecting 200 people or so. I'll be armed with a Vita and some Bose headphones. Should walk out just fine.

Then I get to go home, hope to install it very quickly and get a good hour or so in, fall asleep around 2:30am and wake up at 4:30am for work. Tuesday will easily be my least productive day of the year.

Can't wait for tomorrow. Midnight launch tradition of me and my friends hitting up Applebees around 10pm to devour a ton of half-price apps then walking across the street to Gamestop to pick our game up.

Although I have a 3 hour night class at 6pm. Ah well, tomorrow is gonna be rad.

Ahh the college years. Enjoy them.

ieatzombies

After five years on the West Coast, it was time to go home! I carry a love and respect for Jersey in my blood- I put that on everything. Watching Sandy tear up the coast broke my heart. Cheers to the Garden State!

Yes! Yeah that was horrible time, hopefully all my jersey folk can get down with some gta and let it flow through their veins. This is such a great time for all my gamer heads and a great time to finally communicate with you all in gaf! Really looking forward to gafstreet crew on gta online man. It's like a full course meal...This.Game.Man.

JC2 is 400 square miles of procedurally generated lifeless boredom and GTA V is a fraction of that. Got it thanks to PS+ awhile ago, ground out the platinum a couple weeks ago and then deleted it because I'll never want to play it again. JC2 has the size but not even remotely close to the amount of detail and other things GTA V will has.

Granted Avalanche probably made JC2 with a budget that's like 1/8th of GTA V's supposed total budget.

Pandahammer

Neo Member
So fudging excited!! I remember fighting with my brother and doing his homework just so I could play San Andreas! MIDNIGHT LAUNCH FOR SHIZ!!

So excited for this. I remember first seeing the revealing of GTA V back in 2011 and now it's only a day away, crazy. All my free time for the next couple of weeks will definitely be spent traversing Los Santos, until GTA:O is released that is. Who knows how long I'll spend on that.

DukeBobby

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/aperturesilence/blog/a-relative-size-comparison-of-game-world-maps-fasc/49712/

GiantBomb did an interesting article a while back about game world size comparison. IDK how accurate they are, the one showing Burnout Paradise City as being nearly as big as Just Cause 2 just doesn't seem right at all. But then again, I've never played Paradise City.
And, yes FUEL was frigging MASSIVE!

Yeah, Burnout Paradise is definitely not that big. Or at least it didn't feel like it.

Zukuu

Banned
Well it's high speed so everything is jsut scaled larger. Doesn't mean it's bigger in enviroment per se. Also JC2 is TWICE as big - so that's not even close.

Lol @GTA III. I still remember most of the map, but it looks so tiny. ^*^

Haha. Well whatever black magic you do, I hope it keeps up.

Serious answer; I just kept it in in an open area in front of my TV. The only problem I have with it is some corrupted data on the hard drive from someone else shutting it off while it was installing.

The fans sometimes will suddenly speed up then go back to normal so I've become worried about it.

I might end up waiting a few days to see if anyone else experiences any problems.

Alienous

I'm not even getting GTA for PS3 but just wanted to give you props for busting your ass getting that crew in order

It's great work.

If we can have this level of organization for the 360 crew, it will make implementing crews into the OT much, much easier.

I'm really excited to create it. I've designed it as best as I can to be a hub for anyone who wants to know what we Gaffers are doing in GTA Online. I'm determined to keep the GAF community going as long as we can maintain it.

I still don't have any idea what I'll subtitle the OT, however.

And I just had a random moment ruined for me in the "IGN AU: Five Reasons Next Gen Can Wait" topic thanks to a GIF that was posted 13 hours ago... Goddammit.

DO IT! It's an experience in it's own right! This happens once every half decade!

Real talk, the GTA IV release was the craziest launch I'd ever been a part of. First in line got dropped in the parking lot, Police showed up late. GTA is no joke!

...where did this happen? This will only be the second launch I've ever gone to, the first being Injustice earlier this year, which had a rather small turnout. Is this type of thing...normal?.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's great work.

If we can have this level of organization for the 360 crew, it will make implementing crews into the OT much, much easier.

I'm really excited to create it. I've designed it as best as I can to be a hub for anyone who wants to know what we Gaffers are doing in GTA Online. I'm determined to keep the GAF community going as long as we can maintain it.

Oh whoa, for some reason the idea of a GTA Online OT hadn't even occurred to me. sweeeeeeet

Sylent01

Welp, *slams door, comes in from the cold*, watched a few minutes of Sethos' streams and a bunch of gifs and remain spoiler free- but there is nowhere safe anymore so I'm back home. My 'spidey' sense was tingling right before the spoiler thread started discussing the story ending so I was able to get out without any damage. I think I'm content to wait out the storm until Tuesday now- can't wait!

linkeds2

Banned
anyone having trouble preordering GTAV on gamestop.com and choosing pickup@store for the midnight release tomorrow? i can't choose pickup@store and there are numerous stores doing midnight releases. I may go into the store themselves early tomorrow and try to preorder in person.

Dmax3901

Back in 2011 my 360 got stolen and as GTA V has been getting closer and closer I've been bemoaning the fact that I no longer have a console to play it on. But I always just told myself, don't worry, just get it on PC later!

I've since bought a PS3.

ieatzombies

I'm not even getting GTA for PS3 but just wanted to give you props for busting your ass getting that crew in order
I'd also like to say keep rockin it man you've definitely put a lot of work into that for sure!
It's great work.

I concur. I've been looking forward to a cool hub as well for gafstreet. I know there's a gafstreet thread at the moment. is that just going to just move to the OT Alienous?

GrayGrey

Neo Member
Serious answer; I just kept it in in an open area in front of my TV. The only problem I have with it is some corrupted data on the hard drive from someone else shutting it off while it was installing.

The fans sometimes will suddenly speed up then go back to normal so I've become worried about it.

I might end up waiting a few days to see if anyone else experiences any problems.

Thats it? My 40 GB died about 2 years ago. Their was a point where the fans where kicking harder then the tv!

I'm not sure it has much time left on it. How often do you game on it?

Gaz_RB

It's great work.

Yeah you've got a big burden on you to make a great OT. It's gotta last us a while! It'll be awesome connecting with people and planning heists and stuff in there.

As for the 360 crew- we haven't had to deal with too much figuring out, it seems like more people are trying to get into the PS3 crew, and it was already pretty full. There's an official topic for the 360 crew in the community forum if you didn't know.

As for the OT subtitle...No idea haha

I concur. I've been looking forward to a cool hub as well for gafstreet. I know there's a gafstreet thread at the moment. is that just going to just move to the OT Alienous?

Probably best to keep them seperate. More official stuff can go in the community thread.

But then again it's kind of weird to have three threads...
Then again GTA Online is gonna be huge

MilkLizard

So, pre-load and installation just finished right now. Lucky me, I had no issues like some other folks here.

Tomorrow night will we awesome. Good thing I have a busy day ahead of me to keep me distracted until then ;)

Derrick01

Banned
I really hate how the Special Edition basically makes the game easier...

Ability boosts, free weapons?

Pretty lame.

Those are the worst kinds of preorder/special edition bonuses. Why in the hell would I want to do that to my game experience? Most games are already too easy and unbalanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom