• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

d31m0s

I'm only 21, and I don't recognise many of the songs either. I'm not really up to date with current music trends.

I am 22 and i keep up with Metal and thats really it and without it all i know is the older rock and punk songs.IV/TLAD had such an amazing Metal sound track so disappointed to know it will not be replicated

I'm not a big fan but the lack of a Metal station is rather disappointing and I still haven't heard anything about a custom sound track option which I'm going to guess means there isn't one.

EDIT: I haven't given the track listings a real look because I'm sure there's plenty of acts I've heard of at least. That Vinewood Radio station sounds like the GTA V equivalent of IV's Radio Broker judging by the snippet Rockstar put out.

Do you guys reckon I need to pre-order if I wanna' attend this midnight launch thing? It's a suburban store, so I can't imagine it will completely sell out before I'm next in qeue.. right?

KAP151

Under 12 hours to game of the forever!

uu4If5.jpg

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I'm looking at the song list in the OT and I think I know 3 or 4 songs max from that list...kinda dissapointed. I didn't like the soundtrack of 4 either. I miss VC and SA.

Disappointed in yourself, right? Discovering new music you enjoy is a wonderful experience. I guess it's pretty cool if you have found everything you will ever enjoy.

This. One example from my experience with IV was always picking the stations I thought I liked the most. One night at Ministry of Sound in London they played this mean disco track, I mean it went off but I didn't know who it was. Weeks, maybe a month or two later I'm mucking around in IV and on comes this track I hear at Ministry in a vehicle I just stole. Text, track ID, receive email and it is Underwater by Harry Thurman. Amazing. I highly recommend having a listen even if you're not a big fan of disco. It's catchy and way ahead of its time.

MercuryLS

Banned
It's pure torture having GTAV downloaded and installed on your console and not being able to play it until it unlocks in 24h. :(

I tried setting my date/time forward, lol. They ain't that stupid.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
GTA V Onlne |OT| - Now sharing hookers together

too misogyn / inappropriate?
Yeah, I'm not a fan of how GTA represents and treats women sex workers (or women in general). Let's go with a different title.

Wait. Just looking at those maps a few pages ago just noticed that SRIV's map is the same as SR the third. That is lazy as fuck.
Why is it lazy? Bigger doesn't necessarily equal better.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
It's pure torture having GTAV downloaded and installed on your console and not being able to play it until it unlocks in 24h. :(

I tried setting my date/time forward, lol. They ain't that stupid.

At least you'll be playing while everyone in the US is downloading.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm looking at the song list in the OT and I think I know 3 or 4 songs max from that list...kinda dissapointed. I didn't like the soundtrack of 4 either. I miss VC and SA.

Yeah the song list is pretty awful (though better than IV). I'm pretty much forced to listen to the classic rap station because that's the one that has most of the songs I know...and I'm not even a big rap fan.

This game desperately needed an 80s metal station. Bay Area thrash even though we're technically in LA, but if they ever added San Fierro to GTA Online then it would fit perfectly :p

kittens said:
Why is it lazy? Bigger doesn't necessarily equal better.

SR4 is lazy for a lot of reasons besides rehashing the map.

Why do you need to know songs to like the radio? My favourite radio station in San Andreas was K-Rose despite knowing none of the songs and having zero interest in the genre, just because I felt it nailed the atmosphere of driving through the country.

d31m0s

Yeah the song list is pretty awful (though better than IV). I'm pretty much forced to listen to the classic rap station because that's the one that has most of the songs I know...and I'm not even a big rap fan.

This game desperately needed an 80s metal station. Bay Area thrash even though we're technically in LA, but if they ever added San Fierro to GTA Online then it would fit perfectly :p

Would love a 80s thrash stations Exodus,Possesed(Thrash/Death),Sadus,Testament,Metallica,Megadeth,Vio-Lence,Death angel and Heathen (Would throw Autopsy in there same time period and area but they were purely Death metal)

The time has finally arrived. After you wake up tomorrow, you know that GTA V will be officially out at the end of the day and no more searching for crappy streams. This game is amazing guyz.

Derrick01

Banned
Why do you need to know songs to like the radio? My favourite radio station in San Andreas was K-Rose despite knowing none of the songs and having zero interest in the genre, just because I felt it nailed the atmosphere of driving through the country.

I'm old enough to where I pretty much know most of the songs I'm going to like from older periods, and that there's virtually nothing from the 2000s to now that I will like. The only exception is if I've heard the song but didn't know the name so hearing it in game would remind me.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Imagine if GTA VI has the same exact map as V.

That should be a DLC not a fucking $60 game.

It was originally supposed to be just that, wasn't it? But then they felt it got big enough to be its own game. Guess not everyone agrees (I haven't played it, so I wouldn't know).

sappyday

It was good in 3, but completely disappointing in 4. With the movement capabilities in 4, it was far too small and did not offer enough variety.

It was bad in 3 too imo. Nothing remotely unique or diverse about it. I don't remember any locations that stood out to me.

I'm old enough to where I pretty much know most of the songs I'm going to like from older periods, and that there's virtually nothing from the 2000s to now that I will like. The only exception is if I've heard the song but didn't know the name so hearing it in game would remind me.

I don't even know how that's possible. I discover new bands from pretty much every decade and genre almost on a weekly basis. If you haven't heard a song before, how can you know if you're going to like it or not?

Unicorn

Just saw a few of the gifs and my god. I can't, I mustn't, my classes at school can't handle it.

I either need to eliminate GAF or abstain until this semester is over. I can't. Ugh

This is a bit silly, considering there are sooooo many underground/indie bands that may have been heavily influenced by artists you already like and may even expand on their inspirations in ways you will appreciate.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
True, shouldn't complain. It took approx. 12 hours to download and install, hope it's not that long for you guys.

Took 5 hours for 17 GBS to download and install Saturday, when nowhere near as many will be downloading as Tuesday. Nightmare. Should have gotten a store copy. I'll just keep playing GTA IV while it downloads.

d31m0s

I still like some new bands but my genre taste is not going to change.I love Neo Thrash bands some pretty good ones.I mainly cannot stand like pop and modern rap and stuff.But i agree it is nice to have some genre of music you like not be forced to wade through randomly

ieatzombies

Whoever suggested perturbator for cruising around in gta V has good taste. I've been listening to him non stop getting amped for the midnight launch. Definitely has a kavinsky tinge to it.

Unicorn

So, are custom soundtracks supported? GTA 4 didn't support them like the xbox versions of GTA Vice City and SA did. 360 lets you just overlay your music (or did, haven't done it in years, aside from release time of GTA4) but has it progressed beyond that?

Im excited to hear new (to me) music and artists. The GTA series helped me break away from listening to only rap music and explore other genres. An 80's rock/soft rock channel would have been sweet. Maybe they are saving that for the next Vice City! :D

Gaz_RB

Just saw a few of the gifs and my god. I can't, I mustn't, my classes at school can't handle it.

I either need to eliminate GAF or abstain until this semester is over. I can't. Ugh

This is a bit silly, considering there are sooooo many underground/indie bands that may have been heavily influenced by artists you already like and may even expand on their inspirations in ways you will appreciate.

Yeah, it'll be rough on my grades. It'll just motivate me to develop some time management skills haha

Derrick01

Banned

I've found that indie music is a lot like the present state of indies in gaming. Basically I'm not going to keep wasting my time endlessly shoveling through the shit to hope I find something decent.

d31m0s said:
Would love a 80s thrash stations Exodus,Possesed(Thrash/Death),Sadus,Testament,Metallica,Megadeth,Vio-Lence,Death angel and Heathen (Would throw Autopsy in there same time period and area but they were purely Death metal)

Yes this would be ideal. I would never turn the station off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom