• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I've been outside doing yard work all fuckin day so I haven't had a chance to update Gaming Age Family for PS3.

Heads up, later tonight I'll be trimming the GAF crew again so if you would like to take the omerta visit this thread right here and sign up on the GDOC. If you're not on the GDOC and I can't recognize your social club ID to your GAF name it's time to go swimming with the fishes sharks.

We are nearly back up to the cap and I expect a huge surge on Tuesday and then again on Oct 1st. I gotta make sure all my fellow GAF peeps have a spot.

WE ARE SO CLOSE.

Kikarian

1 more day until I cruise around blasting the amazing OST out with the sun gleaming down at me and it slowly turning to night time and to the side of me is the off-road desert/woodland area.

MY HYPE IS TO HIGH.

Does anyone know if Wal-Marts will have the special edition version or just the regular? I only have the regular edition preordered at Gamestop, but I wanted the special edition.

jkh33

Almost there, just one more day

6746671_sta.jpg

After 10 hours, the one thing that does not click with me is
when you switch characters, it seems that you miss stuff that happens while you are not using it: e.g. I had to replay a mission with Michael and the second time, I switched to Michael and realized that Ive missed a LOT of cutscenes that lead to the beginning of the mission
, besides this the game is fantastic, and the scope is just overwhelmingly huge!

P.S. I used the spoiler tags and even though what I typed is not a spoiler per se, I dont want to risk spoiling the initial experience for anybody.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
My local Gamestop is having people with pre-orders come in at 9pm to claim a "group ticket" which will then decide which group we will be in (Group 1, Group 2, etc.) to get the game at midnight. Kind of a weird system, but whatever, I can deal with it...

...until today, when I got offered a babysitting gig from 6:00pm to 10:30pm tomorrow night from my best paying family. :-\

Oh well, guess I'll go at midnight and just be in the last group. Or wait till Tuesday morning.

TheContact

Would you be able to tell us now whether the Xbox or PS3 version is better? Some people are already downlading their pre-installs before your verdict.

People have posted several comparisons and the verdict is you're basically going to be hard pressed finding differences between the two

Cinders

My PS3/GTA5 bundle just changed to "SHIPPING NOW" on Amazon ($188 after I applied my points). So...not only will I get the goodness of a new GTA in less than two days, I will also finally be able to go back and play some of those PS3 exclusives I've been wanting to play.

The next generation can wait for now.

sdornan

Well, I submitted a request to cancel my PSN preorder. Quicker to just get it at the store.

How do I join the PS3 GAF crew, btw? Just got access to my social club account again after figuring out it was linked to an old email address.

My itinerary:

Go to class for 9 am.
Be done with classes by 11:50 am.
Go to computer lab and finish Computer Science homework.
Go home, eat, play Marvel, take a nap.
Get to mall for about 11:45.
Pick up CE of GTA V.
Only one class Tuesday, and it starts at 4:30 PM.

ptp_zps36f40df8.gif

Yisss.... my Amazon special edition is "Shipping Now"!

Amazon status is shipping now (US)! Woot woot!!!

My PS3/GTA5 bundle just changed to "SHIPPING NOW" on Amazon ($188 after I applied my points). So...not only will I get the goodness of a new GTA in less than two days, I will also finally be able to go back and play some of those PS3 exclusives I've been wanting to play.

The next generation can wait for now.

Welcome to the club!

oxidax

Well, I submitted a request to cancel my PSN preorder. Quicker to just get it at the store.

How do I join the PS3 GAF crew, btw? Just got access to my social club account again after figuring out it was linked to an old email address.

but u wont get a refund anyways. Ur money is gonna stay in the wallet. thats what sucks!

I've been outside doing yard work all fuckin day so I haven't had a chance to update Gaming Age Family for PS3.

Heads up, later tonight I'll be trimming the GAF crew again so if you would like to take the omerta visit this thread right here and sign up on the GDOC. If you're not on the GDOC and I can't recognize your social club ID to your GAF name it's time to go swimming with the fishes sharks.

We are nearly back up to the cap and I expect a huge surge on Tuesday and then again on Oct 1st. I gotta make sure all my fellow GAF peeps have a spot.

WE ARE SO CLOSE.

Added to the GDoc! Hope there's space!

Unicorn

To be honest, I feel kind of let down by the music selection this time around. I think getting spoiled from GTA 3 to SA may be the culprit.

G_Berry

Banned
Finish work at 10PM
Go home and pick up the Mrs.
Drive to EB games (Gamestop)
Trade in Diablo III
Wait...
Wait.....
Pick up GTA!!!
Drive home FAST!
Play till 3 / 4 AM

Unicorn

Is there a map comparison between GTA V and Just Cause 2? I've seen the GTA 4, RDR, and San Andreas comparisons, but Just Cause 2 has been the grandaddy of size for a while.

Gangxxter

Could that colour palette be from any other game?
The screenshot was taken at a crappy time of day with crappy weather. To be fair, during daytime and at sunny weather it looks like this.

I started up IV again just to take this shot cause I felt a little bad for posting the crappy shot before. It was me who made that shot years ago for the Easter Eggs thread on GTAForums. I really like IV.

Well, I'm the only one in the office right now, so I have done fuck all work-wise. And probably tomorrow all I'll do is read GTA reviews.

Heh. Hope I don't get fired.

Is there a map comparison between GTA V and Just Cause 2? I've seen the GTA 4, RDR, and San Andreas comparisons, but Just Cause 2 has been the grandaddy of size for a while.

Just Cause 2 is probably bigger. But the world was really boring. GTA V is dense as hell with stuff to do. Its still freaking huge. I could actually see knocks against it in some reviews for being TOO big.

EDIT: (This is something I wouldn't knock it for personally). It's big....and so fucking awesome.

Ploid 3.0

Just Cause 2 has to be bigger. It took ages to get from one side to the other. It's very darn big.

Unicorn

Just Cause 2 is probably bigger. But the world was really boring. GTA V is dense as hell with stuff to do. Its still freaking huge. I could actually see knocks against it in some reviews for being TOO big.
I just want miles of road and scenery to drive through. That's the end game in these sandboxes for me. Pleasurable drives through winding roads and great scenery. Just Cause 2 had the natural scenery and winding roads down, but the handling in GTA has always been superior. GTA 4 didn't have fun roads to drive on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom