• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleph

Anybody else stuck in college like me and won't be able to pick it up until Thursday? No just me then? Sigh. :(

I feel your pain man. I will start downloading it the moment it is enabled on US PSN, but my internet is slow (~400 Kps max), and PSN will probably explode, so I won't be playing until at least Thursday. Even if it finishes before I still have to study for an exam on that same day.

ieatzombies

Yeah you've got a big burden on you to make a great OT. It's gotta last us a while! It'll be awesome connecting with people and planning heists and stuff in there.

As for the 360 crew- we haven't had to deal with too much figuring out, it seems like more people are trying to get into the PS3 crew, and it was already pretty full. There's an official topic for the 360 crew in the community forum if you didn't know.

As for the OT subtitle...No idea haha

Probably best to keep them seperate. More official stuff can go in the community thread.

But then again it's kind of weird to have three threads...
Then again GTA Online is gonna be huge
Makes sense. 10-4

sqwarlock

My 40GB is a champ, I've put a 750gb drive in recently. My sisters launch 60GB is still going fine too.

My 60GB launch model died a week before KH 1.5. I'm replacing it with the GTA V bundle though, so it's not a huge loss. It does continue my trend of never having a launch Sony console that has lasted to the end of a generation.

Gaz_RB

Judging by the comments on the GAF street page on R*SC, there are a lot of lurkers.

I hope genuine GAFers dont miss out.

Yeah it's gonna be tough to sort all that stuff out. Gonna have to figure out some way of makin sure the active, friendly, actual gaffers get in, and people who don't even have an account are kept out

Thats it? My 40 GB died about 2 years ago. Their was a point where the fans where kicking harder then the tv!

I'm not sure it has much time left on it. How often do you game on it?

Only when I get a new game which I usually beat in a few days unless it's something long like an RPG.

I'll be spending more time with it in October when the new Blazblue game comes out.

If it croaks before then I will rage for sure.

Maybe I should start thinking about backing up all my data.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm still on my original 60gig back compat fat PS3... That's my only worry going in. I cleaned it up a couple of weeks ago (before Last of Us) so the fans are a lot less noisy.

npa189

My 60GB launch model died a week before KH 1.5. I'm replacing it with the GTA V bundle though, so it's not a huge loss. It does continue my trend of never having a launch Sony console that has lasted to the end of a generation.

I'm knocking on every piece of wood in the house, but my ol' 40GB is just a champ, I dust it regularly, and it's in a very open entertainment center. If it does magically die from GTA I will sprint out and buy a new slim, nothing will stop me.

Zukuu

Banned
GTA V Online [OT] - Streets of Rage

Also dunno what you all do with your consoles. Launch PSX, launch PS2, launch PS3 - all survived. I even traveled with the PS3 quite much.

ieatzombies

Yeah it's gonna be tough to sort all that stuff out. Gonna have to figure out some way of makin sure the active, friendly, actual gaffers get in, and people who don't even have an account are kept out

I'm guessing you could just do Like Rob is doing and once it gets full, ask for peoples gaf username.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Judging by the comments on the GAF street page on R*SC, there are a lot of lurkers.

I hope genuine GAFers dont miss out.
Yeah, the current policy is to allow lurkers as long as spots are available, but I'm starting to think we should just have a hardline no-lurkers policy. I hate to be an exclusionary ass, but the point of having a crew is to be an extension of our little community here on GAF. Playing with random people no one knows kind of diminishes that. I'm gonna crosspost this in the GAF Street thread, cause it probably makes more sense to talk about this there.

Probably best to keep them seperate. More official stuff can go in the community thread.

But then again it's kind of weird to have three threads...
Then again GTA Online is gonna be huge
I like the idea of having separate threads for PS3 and 360 folks, personally. It's less complicated and messy that way. But then what purpose will the GTA Online thread serve? A more general information hub? I guess that makes sense!

Raven77

Those are the worst kinds of preorder/special edition bonuses. Why in the hell would I want to do that to my game experience? Most games are already too easy and unbalanced.

I agree with you consistently. Games are easier than they have ever been yet companies still want to hold our hands.

I am not getting the special edition purely because I don't want the game to be easier.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Well it's high speed so everything is jsut scaled larger. Doesn't mean it's bigger in enviroment per se. Also JC2 is TWICE as big - so that's not even close.

Well, that doesn't really make much sense, does it? Why would you scale it differently because you travel faster through it? Surely the point of these side-by-sides is to do 1:1 scale comparisons? BP is clearly much smaller than JC2, that image is way off.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm knocking on every piece of wood in the house, but my ol' 40GB is just a champ, I dust it regularly, and it's in a very open entertainment center. If it does magically die from GTA I will sprint out and buy a new slim, nothing will stop me.

Yeah same for me. What stresses me the most about that tho is that even if I end up buying a new one then how will I transfer my save if the old one is dead?

How frequently does PS+ upload the saves to the cloud?

I really hate how the Special Edition basically makes the game easier...

Ability boosts, free weapons?

Pretty lame.

Those are the worst kinds of preorder/special edition bonuses. Why in the hell would I want to do that to my game experience? Most games are already too easy and unbalanced.

Meh, weapons aren't going to be hard to come by (especially since they always stay with you) and the charge speed increase of the special ability doesn't matter that much, hell half the time I'll probably end up forgetting about it when it matters. It'll really only be a big deal if you actually use it more frequently than you would have otherwise.

Zukuu

Banned
Well, that doesn't really make much sense, does it? Why would you scale it differently because you travel faster through it? Surely the point of these side-by-sides is to do 1:1 scale comparisons? BP is clearly much smaller than JC2, that image is way off.
They needed longer roads because burnout is a high speed racer. A road could be 40km long and it doesn't feel like it. From a scaling standpoint, it'll appear bigger in map comparisons tho.

And again, it's twice as small anyway. (200km² vs 400km²)

ieatzombies

I completely agree. I think it was the worst with TLoU preorder. A touted survival game with "game enhancing bonus". Why?

Yeah same for me. What stresses me the most about that tho is that even if I end up buying a new one then how will I transfer my save if the old one is dead?

How frequently does PS+ upload the saves to the cloud?

Daily as said but you can copy most of them manually and thankfully Sony finally implemented a "copy all" option last year or onto a flash drive or do a total back up with a secondary HDD.

I don't know where to get this game. Had it on order at Amazon but there was some error with my credit card so I cancelled it and went to re-order and lost a $20 promotional credit I had used on it, and I'm worried that in the US if I get it digitally the download will take forever since everyone and their mom will be trying to get it at the same time...it really really sucks that there's no preload.

Maybe I'll just stop by Walmart when I get a chance.

Megasoum

Banned
Daily as said but you can copy most of them manually and thankfully Sony finally implemented a "copy all" option last year or onto a flash drive or do a total back up with a secondary HDD.

Yeah ok, maybe I'll do that every couple of hours just in case.

In the end I hope I won't have to pay 250$ for a new PS3 for basically 1 game lol.

Alienous

Grand Theft Auto Online |OT| Why did I move here? I guess it was the company.

Grand Theft Auto Online |OT| So you're back in the game?

oneils

I'm guessing that you can upgrade the abilities somehow while in-game. Most of this pre order junk is available within the game. I guess we soon shall see.

Gaz_RB

Meh, weapons aren't going to be hard to come by (especially since they always stay with you) and the charge speed increase of the special ability doesn't matter that much, hell half the time I'll probably end up forgetting about it when it matters. It'll really only be a big deal if you actually use it more frequently than you would have otherwise.

Like Buckethead says in the OT, people who bought the special edition for the boosts and weapons probably aren't very good at the game haha.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I've been outside doing yard work all fuckin day so I haven't had a chance to update Gaming Age Family for PS3.

Hey, I'm not sure if it was you or someone else but I noticed an invite into the Clan yesterday so thanks for that. Feelin' the love.

I don't know where to get this game. Had it on order at Amazon but there was some error with my credit card so I cancelled it and went to re-order and lost a $20 promotional credit I had used on it, and I'm worried that in the US if I get it digitally the download will take forever since everyone and their mom will be trying to get it at the same time...it really really sucks that there's no preload.

Maybe I'll just stop by Walmart when I get a chance.

You didn't have to cancel it, just change your payment information if needed, credit cards can be a pain in the ass, I ended up buying a Amazon gift ecard for the amount of my SE to make sure it wasn't an issue, contact customer support to get your promo credit back! It should've have went back onto your account.

EDIT:

Like Buckethead says in the OT, people who bought the special edition for the boosts and weapons probably aren't very good at the game haha.

I can't imagine someone being so bad at this game that it'd make a difference. Hell, in RDR I didn't even use Dead Eye most the time during missions and almost never did online.

Christ, finally!

T0Z3zgL.png

(I know the guide won't get here until long after the game is out, but I really only plan on using it for the collectibles if anything, and I don't want to run the risk of spoiling the game by seeing something in the guide before finishing.)

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Which radio station are you guys listening to first? Are there dedicated talk radio stations in this one? VCPR in Vice City was so good.

I just let them play as they do but if something happens like my car explodes or I have to change vehicles and I was listening to something I enjoyed (advert, talkback, tune) I will ttyl8r to change to that quick smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom