• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicorn

I've found that indie music is a lot like the present state of indies in gaming. Basically I'm not going to keep wasting my time endlessly shoveling through the shit to hope I find something decent.

Yes this would be ideal. I would never turn the station off.

Yeah, I don't dig through it all, I have Last.FM parse through that and suggest new stuff to me based on what I already listen to. If you haven't heard of it, maybe it will help?

I've found that indie music is a lot like the present state of indies in gaming. Basically I'm not going to keep wasting my time endlessly shoveling through the shit to hope I find something deceent

Surely you have to shovel through shit in any genre. Music isn't handed to you on a plate, it's there to be discovered. Relying on recommendations or just what is popular just seems so limiting to me. Plus it's a free 2-3 minute commitment to judge a song. Personally I love digging around for new artists to love.

gotoadgo

cEMK428.jpg
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS.

d31m0s

Yeah, I don't dig through it all, I have Last.FM parse through that and suggest new stuff to me based on what I already listen to. If you haven't heard of it, maybe it will help?

Do not trust that kind of stuff when suggestions like you have just listened to Municipal waste how about Black veil brides or being suggested Nickle back after listening to some Shadows fall

antitrop

The abridged final trailer that they used for the television spot during Breaking Bad this evening was disappointing.

They cut out the best part.

LifEndz

It's going to be tough, but I'm going to hold out until Friday. Having it in the house when I can't just sit and play it for ten hours straight might get me fired.

So the only question now is, can I get up at 6:30 for work and manage to stay up long enough to play this for a few hours after midnight and still sleep before work Tuesday. Hopefully my poor old body still knows what to do with adrenaline and caffeine.

sdornan

I've found that indie music is a lot like the present state of indies in gaming. Basically I'm not going to keep wasting my time endlessly shoveling through the shit to hope I find something decent.

Well, hopefully that's kinda what Rockstar did for you as the soundtrack curators.

kasane

So the only question now is, can I get up at 6:30 for work and manage to stay up long enough to play this for a few hours after midnight and still sleep before work Tuesday. Hopefully my poor old body still knows what to do with adrenaline and caffeine.

Don't do it! You're gonna feel terrible

Source: 48 hours straight of work

Unicorn

Do not trust that kind of stuff when suggestions like you have just listened to Municipal waste how about Black veil brides or being suggested Nickle back after listening to some Shadows fall

LOL

You can adjust the recommendations so it'll suggest stuff that is lesser known. Last.FM I've used for about 7 1/2 years now. The larger sample it has to pull from your music listening the better results too.

tomshreds

Neo Member
I preordered the digital PS3 version and I was wondering, will my PS3 turns on by itself or should I leave it on tonight so it starts at 3AM? (North America) FYI I'm a PS+ member.

Thanks

antitrop

I would rather eat my young than work retail again.
I returned from Iraq to use up my GI Bill, and I'm working retail for extra money while I go to school.

Every day in retail is finding new ways to destroy the deadened parts of my heart that I didn't even know existed, anymore.
I am one bitter person. Video games are my escape. And lots of drugs and alcohol. At least until I graduate and get a real job.

My degree is in Marketing, where I will be able to make fine use of my blackened soul.

Gaz_RB

"Ha, gangsta shit!" *Shotgun Blast*

I think I've watched the trailers too many times. Gonna be awesome to see those scenes in the game.

antitrop

Yeah, there's considerable pop-in in the 360 version, but no fucks are given. The game is gorgeous otherwise.
San Andreas ran like dogshit on the PS2 back in the day.

I'm willing to accept some things for GTA V. So far it seems to be a step UP from GTA IV, which is absolutely incredible.

"Ha, gangsta shit!" *Shotgun Blast*

I think I've watched the trailers too many times. Gonna be awesome to see those scenes in the game.

I can quote the launch trailer from memory. It's kind of creepy. I've seen it over one hundred times. Maybe only a dozen of those were on television...

npa189

San Andreas ran like dogshit on the PS2 back in the day.

I'm willing to accept some things for GTA V.

I can quote the launch trailer from memory. It's kind of creepy. I've seen it over one hundred times. Maybe only a dozen of those were on television...

Lol so true, I orginally played it on xbox, saw a friends PS2 version and it's drastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom