• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

Lol so true, I orginally played it on xbox, saw a friends PS2 version and it's drastic.
Yup, but we didn't give a shit. Playing San Andreas in 2004 was awesome, and worth the shit performance. Just like GTA V will be, compared to the (obviously forthcoming) PC and next-gen versions next year.

First impressions seem to imply that GTA V performs better than San Andreas did, comparatively, on the PS2 for its time, which is fucking magical.

tomshreds

Neo Member
I preordered the digital PS3 version and I was wondering, will my PS3 turns on by itself or should I leave it on tonight so it starts at 3AM? (North America) FYI I'm a PS+ member.

Please? Thanks

Yeah, there's considerable pop-in in the 360 version, but no fucks are given. The game is gorgeous otherwise.

I dunno, I don't care either way, but watching Sethos stream I noticed once in a very blue moon would there be pop-in. It happened so little that when it did it was noticeable. That make sense?

Have you cleaned you 360 in a while? Did you install it to the hard-drive(both disks)?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I preordered the digital PS3 version and I was wondering, will my PS3 turns on by itself or should I leave it on tonight so it starts at 3AM? (North America) FYI I'm a PS+ member.

Please? Thanks

The download is at 3 AM EST Tuesday. Not tonight.

If you have PS+, and auto download on it should auto download. Not sure about it turning itself on. Never done it.

Edit:
"Does auto-download require my system to be switched on (green light)?
No. Auto-download will automatically switch your system on from Standby Mode (red light) and begin downloading your pre-order. So you are not disturbed while using your system, auto-download will not start if your system is already on (green light). Auto-download will commence the next time your system is switched to Standby Mode (red light)."

Please? Thanks

I don't think the Day 1 Digital download will be available until tomorrow night. I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the PS3 will automatically turn on and download it. Maybe someone else knows more about this though. I also preordered the PSN version so I'm interested in finding out more about this.

I'll probably just be staying up late and starting the download manually.

Don't do it! You're gonna feel terrible

Source: 48 hours straight of work

I know you're right, especially since I'm coming down with something, but... No sense pretending I'll be able to relax long enough to sleep after getting home from work or able to resist playing after getting home with the game :p

Return of the living doge?

28 Dags Later.

You+Like+Dags+_c0e41fe0b3520fe2e05d4591684e28f4.png

Madness

Seeing the cover, I sort of regret getting the special edition. I hate the steelbook covers, even though they are collectible. I'd rather have that metallic cover so it matches GTA IV, but meh, pretty pointless complaint,

All I keep thinking about is the fact it is one sleep left. This is bringing me back to like N64 levels of hype, sort of like the lead up to Ocarina of Time or something. Don't even think I was this hyped for GTA IV.

Just one more sleep. Finish this Football game, watch the Breaking Bad episode I recorded, fall asleep, wake up, go to gym, school and then come back and wait to go to the midnight launch lol.

Courage

I dunno, I don't care either way, but watching Sethos stream I noticed once in a very blue moon would there be pop-in. It happened so little that when it did it was noticeable. That make sense?

Have you cleaned you 360 in a while? Did you install it to the hard-drive(both disks)?

I just did the mandatory install, nothing more.

Never really noticed any pop-in during the hd stream I watched. Here's hoping that's the ps3 version I intend on getting.
It was glaringly obvious to me in the Magic Mike stream. And IGN of all people reported it. It's not a big deal because there's so much textural detail in the foreground.. that and LA is just smog city

Ah, cool, thanks. I was a little bummed I would miss out on it, cause I went for the SE.

BUMMER AVERTED

Yeah the only thing fancy about the regular box is the V is liked a shiny foil, but EFLC and IV had shiny stuff on the covers too so it's no biggie. Glad I've got the steelbook.

I just did the mandatory install, nothing more.

Why not install both disks? Are you short on Space? I imagine you major pop-in problem will be greatly alleviated by that as it no longer has to stream from the disk.

I don't even remember the last 360 game I bought, but I do know when I get them I make room and install them to my hdd. Less wear on the disk drive and all around improvements to the game, with a few exceptions of course(Halo 3).

RoKKeR

Now I'm debating if I want to check the video reviews tomorrow or not.... I know I should avoid them but man tis gonna be hard!

I think this is the one game I'm going to skip video reviews on. I've watched quite a bit of stream footage but it was all free roam, non-story stuff, which I'm perfectly ok with watching and it hyped me more than any trailer released thus far. But I know a bunch of review outlets are going to put cutscenes in their video reviews so I might be avoiding them.

Will be extra tough since I won't be able to get the game until early October probably.

wellthatsucks

Neo Member
I would suggest installing the other disc as well, but that's just me
To expand on this, there's no reason not to install if you have sufficient HDD space. Installing increases performance, (should reduce pop in, load times, etc) reduces wear and tear on the system, and reduces noise. (big plus if you have an older 360)

Cheddahz

Banned
To expand on this, there's no reason not to install if you have sufficient HDD space. Installing increases performance, (should reduce pop in, load times, etc) reduces wear and tear on the system, and reduces noise. (big plus if you have an older 360)

I have an older 360, so it's nice to have a biplane in my house and not the Air Force One

Megasoum

Banned
I think this is the one game I'm going to skip video reviews on. I've watched quite a bit of stream footage but it was all free roam, non-story stuff, which I'm perfectly ok with watching and it hyped me more than any trailer released thus far. But I know a bunch of review outlets are going to put cutscenes in their video reviews so I might be avoiding them.

Will be extra tough since I won't be able to get the game until early October probably.

Yeah, I think I'll resist. Hopefully people won't flood the internet (and gaf) with too many gifs from the reviews.

ieatzombies

I always install my games to the hard drive. I have a 360 that was the version just as the slim came out, so I don't ever want to take that risk of letting the disk run and it killing the xbox. Install both.

kazebyaka

Banned
Spent whole day playing once again. 30 hours and counting now. Almost done with the story, 5 more missions to go. Playing with cheats is even more fun. There's tons of replayability too. I'll definitely 100% it, just like RDR.
I can already say, this is the greatest, most ambitious and awesome game of all time. Nothing comes close to it's quality and scale. And i doubt anything will beat it till GTA 6.
It's truly GRAND theft auto.

cdkee

Banned
So the only question now is, can I get up at 6:30 for work and manage to stay up long enough to play this for a few hours after midnight and still sleep before work Tuesday. Hopefully my poor old body still knows what to do with adrenaline and caffeine.

That's why I just ordered from Amazon. I'm just going to go into the office early on Tuesday then try and get home early to my delivered copy.

Pre-load =/= download and play.

Pre-load just downloads most of the files so when the clock strikes, you can download the rest easily.

AND

US doesnt have a pre-load

AND

They got the date/times fucked up.

Courage

I would suggest installing the other disc as well, but that's just me

Why not install both disks? Are you short on Space? I imagine you major pop-in problem will be greatly alleviated by that as it no longer has to stream from the disk.

I don't even remember the last 360 game I bought, but I do know when I get them I make room and install them to my hdd. Less wear on the disk drive and all around improvements to the game, with a few exceptions of course(Halo 3).

I have space, I'm just an idiot.

DukeBobby

Spent whole day playing once again. 30 hours and counting now. Almost done with the story, 5 more missions to go. Playing with cheats is even more fun. There's tons of replayability too. I'll definitely 100% it, just like RDR.
I can already say, this is the greatest, most ambitious and awesome game of all time. Nothing comes close to it's grandiosity and scale. And i doubt anything will beat it till GTA 6.

It only took me about 25 hours to 100% RDR, so this is very good news.

EDIT: That last part of your post. Oh man...

ieatzombies

I can already say, this is the greatest, most ambitious and awesome game of all time. Nothing comes close to it's grandiosity and scale. And i doubt anything will beat it till GTA 6.
This sounds ace! In 30 min. I can officially say that I'll have gta 5 tonight. Well, sort of

I have space, I'm just an idiot.

Well, I can imagine in the excitement to actually want to play it, it's easy to just say fuck waiting anymore, you already did the required amount. It's gonna be a painful 20 or so mins. While I wait for both disks to load onto the Hdd.

Spazznid

so like vectors have the color locations baked in or something? I always wondered why they called them 'vectors'.
image.php

I'm not much more educated on the subject, but I know it's a shape, rather than a rasterized image. The shape is made of curves, and lines, so when you enlarge it, you don't lose quality. Resizing an image brings about blurriness. I pretty much cut out the colors, as shapes. Then I can resize them and fill them with whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom