• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

So how well does the game run compared to GTA IV? On the 360, specifically. Does the 360 or PS3 version run better?
Shits on GTA IV from a great height performance-wise.

As for which one is better, can't say. They look very similar to me, but might want to wait for Digital Foundry and whatnot if you're torn.

Hopefully the digital foundry article goes up tomorrow along with the review on eurogamer. Going to get the PS3 version no matter what unless the difference is so absurdly huge as to be a game changer but going by the footage and Max Payne 3 that won't be the case.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Why not install both disks? Are you short on Space? I imagine you major pop-in problem will be greatly alleviated by that as it no longer has to stream from the disk.

I'm pretty sure the mandatory installs on both consoles consist of mainly the world data, to help with streaming it in faster and decreasing pop-in, so installing the second disc most likely won't make much of a difference there. What's on the second disc is probably all music, videos (TV shows and such), etc. That stuff can easily be streamed right off the disc. Environmental data as you're blazing through the world, not so much. So yeah, that stuff probably gets installed whether you like it or not.

wellthatsucks

Neo Member
Hopefully the digital foundry article goes up tomorrow along with the review on eurogamer. Going to get the PS3 version no matter what unless the difference is so absurdly huge as to be a game changer but going by the footage and Max Payne 3 that won't be the case.
Heard the Face Off is supposed to be up on Tuesday.

dreamfall

I have an older 360, so it's nice to have a biplane in my house and not the Air Force One

Aha, my old 360 (up to two weeks ago, 5 years strong, 3 coffin replacements) literally sounded like it was about to explode! A full train depot, all within the comfort of the living room!

Since switching to Slim after it died (R.I.P. :'/), in a weird twist of sorts I miss the comfort of the rocket engine noise. This thing is so quiet I don't even know if it's on.

jediyoshi

WwKndCx.png

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm heading off to bed, I swear if I don't get an email saying my copy hasn't been shipped tomorrow, I'm going to be a little worried...

Zukuu

Banned
Sleeping once more and then I can install it in the morning. Sleeping again and I can play it (the first thing in the morning). Can't wait.

Oh man, RDR is nothing compared to this game, and I'm not overreacting.

This man is correct. Setting aside RDR got nothing on GTAV.

I expect nothing but 10s today.

I want to say that gunplay is different from max Payne 3,its more simplistic and definitely not as fluid and spectacular. Sorry to disappoint some of you.

Yeah, but that's understandable because Max is always in shooting position and all the animations revolve around shooting. But shooting in V is still very, very good.

So to people who played the game; are there still random pick-ups in the world (i.e weapons, and armor)??

I watched streams for like 2 days straight and haven't seen a single person pick a weapon or piece of armor off the ground that didn't already belong to a dead enemy.

It would suck if that is really the case. Although I kinda understand it with how involved weapon customization is now.

So to people who played the game; are there still random pick-ups in the world (i.e weapons, and armor)??

I watched streams for like 2 days straight and haven't seen a single person pick a weapon or piece of armor off the ground that didn't already belong to a dead enemy.

It would suck if that is really the case. Although I kinda understand it with how involved weapon customization is now.

I asked this like 10 times in the other thread and never got an answer.

Derrick01

Banned
Spent whole day playing once again. 30 hours and counting now. Almost done with the story, 5 more missions to go. Playing with cheats is even more fun. There's tons of replayability too. I'll definitely 100% it, just like RDR.
I can already say, this is the greatest, most ambitious and awesome game of all time. Nothing comes close to it's quality and scale. And i doubt anything will beat it till GTA 6.
It's truly GRAND theft auto.

Don't tease me bro.

valeo

PS3, it has it's problems with pop ups and fps though, but I guess it's just consoles showing their age. I can't believe Rockstar got this game running as well it does on consoles, amazing stuff really.

Think they made sacrifices in other places; i.e. not as many pedestrians/cars on the road.

cdkee

Banned
Can you guys imagine, in another ten years playing a game that takes place...in a country? Or a fully scanned version of the world or something.

Well I can wait for that. For now I need my GTAV.

Hip Hop

Spent whole day playing once again. 30 hours and counting now. Almost done with the story, 5 more missions to go. Playing with cheats is even more fun. There's tons of replayability too. I'll definitely 100% it, just like RDR.
I can already say, this is the greatest, most ambitious and awesome game of all time. Nothing comes close to it's quality and scale. And i doubt anything will beat it till GTA 6.
It's truly GRAND theft auto.

did you take your time with the story?

I may just beat the campaign straight away.

Spazznid

So beautiful- it's nice to see Misty in a different shade!

What could have been...

Also Probably not a spoiler, but I'll tag it anyways.

For multiplayer, I hear you'll be able to decide how your character looks by
picking whose genes they get from a pool of preexisting characters. I hear that if you get the collector's edition or something, yo can choose from characters like Claude Speed and Misty,
which ma-uh-muh-muh-makes me haaappy. But thinking they'll probably use
Misty's GTAIII in-game model
makes me not happy.

cdkee

Banned
From people's impressions I'm getting the feeling this will be a contender for GOAT status.

Gentlemen, it's an honor being here with you.

dreamfall

From people's impressions I'm getting the feeling this will be a contender for GOAT status.

Gentlemen, it's an honor being here with you.

Likewise! On the eve of GTA 5's release, a damn pleasure being with GAF sisters & brothers!

One more night- and we'll be playing!

jambo

10.5 hours until I pick this up, so fucking excited.

I have Tuesday off so I'll be playing and playing and playing and playing.

Furyous

My launch PS3 just stopped working and I won't be able to take it in for a repair for a week.

I was looking forward to downloading this game tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom