• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many people on social networking websites complaining that ShopTo hasn't gave them a copy early.

It's quite silly, especially when one person I saw looked about seven.

Sure I'm disappointed I wont get it early I'm excited for it, why wouldn't I be?

But I'll get it tomorrow the actual release day so I'm cool.

Acorn

I'm just gonna go to a midnight release (the game store and blockbuster is opening at midnight) pick it up and send back the shopto copy.

Can't be arsed waiting for the chance of it turning up tomorrow.

Facism

my Royal Mail tracking has been outward volumetric fog blahblah since 5am saturday morning.

I'm hoping they shit the bed on the tracking and it arrives when mr posty does today ^_^

H1PSTER

Sure I'm disappointed I wont get it early I'm excited for it, why wouldn't I be?

But I'll get it tomorrow the actual release day so I'm cool.

Aye I'm in a similar boat but there are people stating that they are never going to preorder from a website again because they didn't get it the day before the actual release date.

Kobalty

Anybody had their Shopto orders arrive?

Nope, I went for the next day DPD option as I always do in cases like this cuz I live kinda in the sticks and there aint no way RM would get it here tomorrow if it was shipped today.

What is freaking me the fuck out is that I have not had a dispatch e-mail yet granted its only just gone 11am here in blighty but my local tesco is only a 40 minute drive and im so tempted just to go at midnight pick it up and tell that SHOP that some of us go TO to suck my cock.

also pissed that some fellow UK gafers not only paid less on amazon but also appear to of gotten it early :(

Just thought I would say, for people whos tracking details are still not working on Royal Mail, I just got this from an Amazon rep.

"I'm sorry for the incorrect tracking information. We're aware of this issue. This is due to technical error and this will no way affect the delivery of the packages. Please be assured that your game is on its way to you and we'll get it delivered on the date of release."

Grumbul

Seriously? Act less like a spoiled brat!

Pardon sir? I'm not sure why this would have offended you to such an extent that you felt necessary to reply in such a condescending manner.

I was merely stating (as I am sure many folks here who purchased through this company might like to know) that my copy had not arrived today. As such I will simply return their copy and retain my Amazon one.

Is the PS3 Preorder theme also locked until release? I can't seem to use it even though I've preloaded the whole bundle.
I downloaded it without any problems couple of minutes ago (found it in the download list, below game itself and Atomic Blimp). Edit: but you can't use the theme before the release date for some reason.

Btw, is anyone else game-sharing GTA V with someone they know? I bought it 50-50 with a friend and activated it on his profile, and I downloaded and installed it without any problems on my PS3. But, when I try to run it from my profile, instead of that "can't start this until release date blah blah" message, it gives me the link to the PS Store and offers me to preorder it :/ So, if anyone else is game-sharing, could you please check and tell me if you get the same message?

(I had no problems with couple of other games I downloaded from my friend's download list - just started Hotline Miami and Sound Shapes on my profile without any errors)

From beyond 3d. Ps3 was 720p with post process AA ( from the gameplay trailers) and I believe the 360 was 720p FXAA from a screen capture. We may have to wait for digital foundry to be sure.

Ok, I can live with that! I'm stuck with PS3 anyway, I sold my 360 some time ago.

*Back into media blackout*

doby

Seriously? Act less like a spoiled brat!

There are so many people on social networking websites complaining that ShopTo hasn't gave them a copy early.

It's quite silly, especially when one person I saw looked about seven.

Its not all that silly tbh. People pre-ordered with shopto because of their reputation of dispatching games early and subsequently paid more for the perk. In fact getting the game early is one of the main perks for anyone pre-ordering, remove this perk and it comes down to which ever retailer is cheapest.

Aye I'm in a similar boat but there are people stating that they are never going to preorder from a website again because they didn't get it the day before the actual release date.

The things I've read on gta forums is so depressing I cant look any more.

They never guaranteed a day before but with them you know you have the off chance. But some people take that way too far.

H1PSTER

Its not all that silly tbh. People pre-ordered with shopto because of their reputation of dispatching games early and subsequently paid more for the perk. In fact getting the game early is one of the main perks for anyone pre-ordering, remove this perk and it comes down to which ever retailer is cheapest.

Understood and I'd be lying if I didn't say I expected the same but as the quote below says, it's not expected.

They never guaranteed a day before but with them you know you have the off chance. But some people take that way too far.

Besides, at least you guys are possibly getting it tomorrow where as I might not get it at all thanks to a misplaced label.

Grumbul

Yes it is a real shame that certain companies are getting such a backlash. I actually have the Collector's Edition on order with the one I referred to earlier (my apologies I am not entirely sure if they are still a banned company on Gaf?) and will be keeping that when it no doubt arrives tomorrow via DPD.

That being said I will certainly return my standard edition for a refund as I now have my Amazon copy which was cheaper.

Vitor711

Just thought I would say, for people whos tracking details are still not working on Royal Mail, I just got this from an Amazon rep.

"I'm sorry for the incorrect tracking information. We're aware of this issue. This is due to technical error and this will no way affect the delivery of the packages. Please be assured that your game is on its way to you and we'll get it delivered on the date of release."

Ah, that explains it then.

Mine also doesn't work. Had it shipped to my work address though so at least I'll be here when it hopefully arrives by this afternoon (*crosses fingers*) or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom