• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanRats

R* Warehouse still hasn't shipped.
When they said they would ship it ahead of release, what did they meant? 5 minutes ahead of release?

Pachimari

Pretty unproductive today as well, and tomorrow I got extra work. Oh well.

I'm totally excited and I have never been this excited for a GTA. I'm way more excited than I were with GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas and IV.

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm not wasting my time filling in a freaking application to play an online game with people I don't know.....

You need to fill in your GAF name, Social Club username and your PSN/Xbox ID name, that's all. It is to prevent lurkers from filling up the slots, since crews have a max capacity of 300 members.

EGOMON

I'm not wasting my time filling in a freaking application to play an online game with people I don't know.....

They had to do this because the crew was filling up and there were a lot of non-gaf members so they wanted to free up some space for an actual gaf members and the doc has like 3 blanks to fill dude.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
postman came with no game -_-

image.php

They had to do this because the crew was filling up and there were a lot of non-gaf members so they wanted to free up some space for an actual gaf members and the doc has like 3 blanks to fill dude.

You need to fill in your GAF name, Social Club username and your PSN/Xbox ID name, that's all. It is to prevent lurkers from filling up the slots, since crews have a max capacity of 300 members.

Ah fair enough, thought it was some silly job application style form.

spats

Heh, had to drive home on my lunch break and check if the preload installed without any hitches. I think it's working as intended. All it says is that the game hasn't been activated yet.

Also, if I read the description properly, it said that the game will activate at 1:00, which is weird. Why an hour after midnight? : (

I'm disappointed my shopto order looks like it's not going to arrive today, but some of the shit I'm reading is unbelievable. How old are these people? My great grandad had already fought and had been crippled by my age and I swear he didn't moan about the German torpedo as much as these men babies are moaning about not receiving their game early.

The notice on the Dutch GameMania website should put the popularity of this game in perspective here in Holland;

''NOTICE: Due to high demand of GTA V we can not guarantee pre-orders made after the 11th of September''

Crazy. This never happened with GTA IV or every single Call of Duty game in our country.

LNBL

The notice on the Dutch GameMania website should put the popularity of this game in perspective here in Holland;

''NOTICE: Due to high demand of GTA V we can not guarantee pre-orders made after the 11th of September''

Crazy. This never happened with GTA IV or every single Call of Duty game in our country.

You got me excited with notice and Gamemania :(

Siegmeyer

Btw, is anyone else game-sharing GTA V with someone they know? I bought it 50-50 with a friend and activated it on his profile, and I downloaded and installed it without any problems on my PS3. But, when I try to run it from my profile, instead of that "can't start this until release date blah blah" message, it gives me the link to the PS Store and offers me to preorder it :/ So, if anyone else is game-sharing, could you please check and tell me if you get the same message?

(I had no problems with couple of other games I downloaded from my friend's download list - just started Hotline Miami and Sound Shapes on my profile without any errors)

I'm sharing it with a friend. Paid on my account and it's sat installed on my hd. Haven't tried to start it yet. His is still d/ling I think. I wasn't worried there were going to be any issues but with how they messed the preload and that message you're getting I'm starting to get a little concerned.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
EU and yeah, they seem to have took my cash too (days ago).

Same here. I was kind of hoping that 2nd e-mail (transaction one sent on 12/09) was in lieu of a shipping confirmation. I'll be surprised if I get it tomorrow. Do they have a warehouse located in the UK or just the one in Louisville?

Although Amazon says mine was shipped on Saturday, I'm not confident of it arriving today.

The only time Amazon ever falter on their one-day delivery with Prime is when they use Royal Mail. For some reason, in my area they're useless, and I bet with all the GTAs going out, they'll just ignore me.

I'm sharing it with a friend. Paid on my account and it's sat installed on my hd. Haven't tried to start it yet. His is still d/ling I think. I wasn't worried there were going to be any issues but with how they messed the preload and that message you're getting I'm starting to get a little concerned.
I really want to think that it's just because game isn't out yet. Especially since I had no problems with installing and playing couple of other games that I got from my friend's download list. Btw, I couldn't even apply/use the preorder bonus PS3 GTA V theme on my profile, and when trying to use it on friend's profile, it just says it's not available before the "start date". So, I hope everything will be ok tonight after midnight and after the game is officially released.

LNBL

Haha. Just wait for your text message if you got it pre-ordered there. You should get it either around 5 today or early tomorrow morning.

5 today would mean i have to rush over there before they close at 18:00 haha, either way i'll go to the midnight release i think. Biking for 25 minutes should be worth it.

So can I play without fearing for my XBL account now?

Less then a day before release? I do not see why not.

5 today would mean i have to rush over there before they close at 18:00 haha, either way i'll go to the midnight release i think. Biking for 25 minutes should be worth it.

If you get a text message today it will probably say that you can pick it up tomorrow.

It will not be released today because they have a midnight launch.

Dries

Haha. Just wait for your text message if you got it pre-ordered there. You should get it either around 5 today or early tomorrow morning.

Oh man, I'm checking my phone every 5 mins for this exact message. Alas, the GameMania is having a midnight launch so the chance of this happening is slim to none.... :(

UrbanRats

Same here. I was kind of hoping that 2nd e-mail (transaction one sent on 12/09) was in lieu of a shipping confirmation. I'll be surprised if I get it tomorrow. Do they have a warehouse located in the UK or just the one in Louisville?
They should have a warehouse in Europe, but i don't think it's in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom