• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarahiro

Hmmm.....24 hours until I can leave to go and collect my copy :eek:

Feels good to know the game is only a day away after waiting for so long :)

Stuart444

So I didn't get my copy either from Shopto today...

What annoys me more is that they said they sent it on Saturday (Shipping e-mails and everything) which means 100% it should be here today, on the Monday.

So either they haven't sent it yet or they have told RM to not deliver it til Tuesday and both seem shady since they wouldn't have told customers that which leaves their customers wondering what the hell is going on.

I mean is it to much to ask for a little transparency?

What annoys me more is that they said they sent it on Saturday (Shipping e-mails and everything) which means 100% it should be here today, on the Monday.

So either they haven't sent it yet or they have told RM to not deliver it til Tuesday and both seem shady since they wouldn't have told customers that which leaves their customers wondering what the hell is going on.

first class mail is 1-2 working days.

Siegmeyer

Today is fucking torture. I'm as on edge as watching England in a penalty shootout, except this is going to last for another 12 hours. Can't concentrate on anything.

No big deal, the game isn't released till tomorrow. I can appreciate how frustrating it must be though to know that some people received it early, while others have not. That level of inconsistency is a little odd and perhaps 'unfair'.

kev26b

Today is fucking torture. I'm as on edge as watching England in a penalty shootout, except this is going to last for another 12 hours. Can't concentrate on anything.

Same.... I am just sat with the san andreas soundtrack playing full blast. Radio X <3

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
IMG_1289.JPG

The home stretch...

Ark

Amazon UK here, no GTAV for me today :(

In my ~eight years of living here I've never, ever received a game before it's release day.

Just got back from preordering it. The GameStop exclusive edition. I guess that's a Nordic thing? It includes the steel book, blueprint map and a couple of digital content.

11 hours to go.

SHADES

Right guys I've installed both discs to HDD, deleted save game & started again but as soon as I get to a cutscene like barbershop etc game crashes, anyone else getting this?

Any idea's on a fix (360) crashed 4 times now.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Right guys I've installed both discs to HDD, deleted save game & started again but as soon as I get to a cutscene like barbershop etc game crashes, anyone else getting this?

PUSHING THE BOX TO THE METAL

GlamFM

Banned

Nope, sorry - that sounds fucked up.

Maybe there will be a (day one) patch tomorrow?

Flanimal Lover

Neo Member

Surely the fact they said it would get there for release day is pretty transparent. Not knowing every step in the delivery chain is not "shady" business practices.

On the bright side at least it should get to you by tomorrow.

Was just about to play San Andreas for a few minutes before bed (it's just after 7pm here and I want to get a good night's sleep since I'll be picking up GTA V tomorrow morning)

Just as it was loading, I realized I was logged into the wrong account so I quit the game.

A few seconds later, the PS3 turned itself off. This happened while I was looking away from the screen, so when I looked back I realized it was off and the red standby light wasn't on, there was just nothing.

I disconnected the cables in the back and then tried to connect them back, the green light came on straight away (which is unusual as it should have been the red standby light) but then went off again.

Now when I try connect the cable at the back it barely goes in and the two connector prongs in the back of the console don't feel very secure.

It feels like I'd break it if I forced it in, but it can only go in like a fifth of the way, unless they're somehow meant to be like that? I even hear that little buzzing electrical sound when I try and put it in more like the connection is faulty or something.

Did my super slim PS3 that I bought new 7 months ago just fucking die less than 24 hours before GTA V comes out? Fuck.

Hmm, it's back on now but the cable at the back is barely able to go in to the connectors, it feels like it might switch back off any second... Anyone else had this issue? I'm wondering now if I maybe tugged on the usb charger cable (I was charging the controller at the time) without realizing and moved the console forward a bit causing the disconnection? When it switched off and there was no red or green light on the PS3, all 4 lights on the controller kept flashing for about a minute.

I had just deleted a game (Uncharted 1, 18gb) to free up space on the hard drive. I'd never done that before but can't imagine that would be relevant to the thing shutting down completely minutes later.

Oh well, it's back on now and hopefully won't mess up again as I would literally cry.

Vico

Ugh...
Are you the only one with this problem?
I'm starting to worry lol.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

Have you cleared the xbox 360's cache?

Amazon UK here, no GTAV for me today :(

In my ~eight years of living here I've never, ever received a game before it's release day.

I've only been in London for a couple months, but I found it shockingly easy to to find stores willing to sell me an early copy. I only noticed this after I'd already preordered from Amazon, so I'll have a second copy arriving tomorrow... But going forward, local stores are the way to go. I don't know if things are different outside of London though.

SHADES

Ugh...
Are you the only one with this problem?
I'm starting to worry lol.

Kinda pissed, was going to get on PS3 but the sentimental twat in me decided on 360 as this was going to be my last xbox purchase.

Deleting all data & re-installing, argh!!!

Yup clear cache as soon as the 1st crash happened, I've got a 120g HDD with 55gb free space.

bud23

360 version is sold out at Gamestop Spain, and Spain is a Sony country. I´ve never seen a hype like this . It´s insane, even people who don´t care about video games at all, are talking of GTA V. This going to be the biggest launch in history, I have no doubts at this point. I´d say more than 12 million copies in its first week. It´s crazy.

ekim

360 version is sold out at Gamestop Spain, and Spain is a Sony country. I´ve never seen a hype like this . It´s insane, even people who don´t care about video games at all, are talking of GTA V. This going to be the biggest launch in history, I have no doubts at this point. I´d say more than 12 million copies in its first week. It´s crazy.

Haha. Yeah. In the mall where I got my copy, some kids asked me and other adults if we can buy them GTAV. Never happened before.

Aw man, EVERY SINGLE small game store in my city is selling it already. There's 8 people with GTA V online on PSN right now.
And SCEA refuses to setup a preload...

-.-

Ark

I've only been in London for a couple months, but I found it shockingly easy to to find stores willing to sell me an early copy. I only noticed this after I'd already preordered from Amazon, so I'll have a second copy arriving tomorrow... But going forward, local stores are the way to go. I don't know if things are different outside of London though.

I imagine London is probably the best place to be for early games. I'd have to get on a bus to even find a supermarket that might have broken the street date.

Same, it would be nice for this to be the first one but I am happy as long as it comes tomorrow.

Amazon have always delivered on release day almost without fail, so I'm at least thankful for their consistency.

Heimbeck

Banned

Yeah even my little brother who only plays COD and FIFA was talking about it.

:( this doesn't fill me with confidence.

monkeyhat

Shopto are saying on Twitter that they had three Royal Mail collections on Saturday - at 9.00, 10.30 and 12pm. I received their e-mail saying "Your Order has been packed and will be dispatched with the next ROYAL MAIL collection" at 1:46pm on Saturday. Since that's after their last collection, I guess mine won't be sent out till today.

Seems crazy when the order status had a photo of the sealed, labelled package on their site on Friday, time-stamped 13:52 - almost 24 hours earlier. *sigh*

Heimbeck

Banned
Amazon have always delivered on release day almost without fail, so I'm at least thankful for their consistency.

Yeah the only problem I've had is that they sometimes change your delivery estimate without telling you.
I just keep tabs on it and support fixes it when you tell them.

Can't wait to see the sales for this game and no doubt R* too.

javac

My postman hasn't come yet. I'm normally good with getting games early. I even get games from Zavvi/The Hut early! Hoping it comes today but I won't play until my brother comes home I suspect. I guess I'll play some Pokemon in the meantime.

JonCha

GAME saying if you buy before 1pm today you'll get "same day dispatch", don't think that's a guarantee for delivery tomorrow though?

Vico

Kinda pissed, was going to get on PS3 but the sentimental twat in me decided on 360 as this was going to be my last xbox purchase.

Deleting all data & re-installing, argh!!!

Yup clear cache as soon as the 1st crash happened, I've got a 120g HDD with 55gb free space.

There might be a day one patch.
Are you playing on a Slim?

doby

first class mail is 1-2 working days.

It is indeed and this is something that has annoyed me about retailers dispatching on the 16th and saying they will 'try their hardest' and 'endeavor' to get the game to you by release date when in fact they are relying on a system that has a 1-2 day delivery estimate.

Royal mail says they aim to deliver 93% of first class mail the next working day, going on previous experience I would guess its more like 80%. There are factors that can alter your chances though, an item entering the system in the morning has a far better chance of getting there next day than say an item entering the system in the late afternoon/evening.

I'm fairly confident in my tesco order coming tomorrow as they dispatched very early this morning, but we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom