• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

tumblr_lnsaebXUSb1qj5livo1_400.jpg

Haters gonna etc.

KAP151

Heading off to the midnight launch.

Fucking finally!

Respect to all fellow GAFers who stayed strong since page 1 and kept out of the spoiler zone.

Im out!

I don't think its the HDD, I regularly play BF3 with 20g if data running off the HDD, never had any issues before with it.

This might be a shot in the dark, but did you install the mandatory install disk by running it? Maybe you installed it from the dashboard and confused the game. Idk, just a thought.

dandoolan

My RM tracking seems to have gotten stuck at my local depot, hasn't changed since yesterday. I'm praying this is just en error and the package is at home, if not it's just been sat at the local depot like 10 minutes from my house since yesterday.

My post at home will have already arrived, but I won't know until after 1.

ekim

From which moment on are we allowed to talk about the game itself in the OT? September 17th? If yes, which timezone?

After Red Dead Redemption I started to absolutely hate GTA IV because with that game I finally noticed what Rockstar is capable off this current generation. It oozed out atmosphere, tension, absolute love and an amazingly fun/engaging story with a gameplay direction that never bored me once. The shooting mechanics have been highly improved and even though it took place in a 'wild west' era, the game still felt alive because of the random encounters. There is absolutely nothing in GTA IV that defeats RDR, no matter what kind of mechanic you can come up with. It was Rockstar's learning moment into this new generation and boy, did they learn a lot from it.

clockpunk

My checklist:

Comfy folding chair.
Thermos of coffee.
iPad loaded with Marvel comics from the last two weeks.

Going to get there for 2130, but suspect there will already be a line ahead of me... thank goodness the store is within an inside shopping centre, so the horrible Glaswegian weather won't be a factor.

I really disliked GTA IV, but my undying love of III, VC and SA is what's rearing its head right now. Back in 2006ish I was beside myself with excitement about what the next GTA game would look like on those glorious new consoles, and it's like that version of me has just been lying dormant since then, weathering the storm of disappointment at IV, and now the time has finally arrived. The next-gen sequel to San Andreas has arrived, better late than never :p

Ban Puncher

Just returned from the local mall to pick up some milk at the supermarket and with two hours to go until midnight the nearby EB Games already has a line of about fifteen youths in black hooded jumpers, drinking cans of bourbon and coke screaming obscenities at the top of their shrill lungs.

Glad I decided to wait until tomorrow morning to pick my copy up when these types will either be in school or the local magistrates dock.

void666

Banned
In less than a week i went from hype -10 to hype over 9000. I need this game now!

The game looks really fun. Just walking around causing caos alone makes the game seems worth it.
If the missions, story and characters are good the fun factor goes through the roof.

And there's also GTA online

hwy_61

Banned
Just returned from the local mall to pick up some milk at the supermarket and with two hours to go until midnight the nearby EB Games already has a line of about fifteen youths in black hooded jumpers, drinking cans of bourbon and coke screaming obscenities at the top of their shrill lungs.

Glad I decided to wait until tomorrow morning to pick my copy up when these types will either be in school or the local magistrates dock.

Were they juggalos?

Yoday

Found a non-spoilery comparison between PS3 and 360 versions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59EsnxJ0Aks

Different times of day, but PS3 version seems a tad sharper to me. 360 version looks quite vibrant but a little blurry here.
Great find. I am glad to see that the PS3 version isn't a low res blurry mess. I was actually fairly worried. The 360 version looks like it might have some slightly higher res textures in some places, and it might be a tad bit sharper, but that is about it, and both of those things could be due to the time of day shown.

Got word from home that the post came and it's not here.

Oh well, I can go to the gym now. Normally go on Tuesdays but am going to swap it lol.

DAMN YOU, ROYAL MAIL.

If it doesn't come tomorrow, and that is a very real possibility, I am going to be rather displeased.

hwy_61

Banned
Will IGN even be acknowledged? They kinda lost credibility with that preview. It'll be a 10/10, but how genuine is their review going to be?

SHADES

If I were you i'd delete the installed data and reinstall, your save data shouldn't be affected as they are separate. Could be an error in the install or your hdd having bad sectors.

Yeah, I've deleted everything & just installed the 1st disc & so far its allowed me to get past the crash, guess original install was corrupted.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
OK if we talk now about console comparison i might aswell post this here now too.

PS3:
di-31bf68af33adc6a2279ade06b0431660.jpg

XBOX360:
di-0d336908ca164703c61abdb582183015.jpg

PS3:
di-27e3b2f480bcce2ba20f7e99401f1026.jpg

XBOX360:
di-622016e8a39159a57f51c6d4e43856d9.jpg

PS3:
di-9b030c53f678f34bbf5722318cc740e1.jpg

XBOX360:
di-a86173c21a407c67dddf3bdbc29ab09d.jpg

waypoetic

Banned
Great find. I am glad to see that the PS3 version isn't a low res blurry mess. I was actually fairly worried. The 360 version looks like it might have some slightly higher res textures in some places, and it might be a tad bit sharper, but that is about it, and both of those things could be due to the time of day shown.

To me the PS3 version looked a bit better.

Fjordson

Will IGN even be acknowledged? They kinda lost credibility with that preview. It'll be a 10/10, but how genuine is their review going to be?
Acknowledged? That's an understatement. People will be raging for years if they give it a 10. Cries of corruption and money-hats will last us until the PS5.

But I don't think they'll give it a 10. For some reason I have a hunch that this will be the lowest scoring 3D GTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom