• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAF, I'm just so happy right now. The amount of buzz and excitement in the air has made its way into my veins like few other games ever have.

I'm so not going to be able to sleep tonight. I just wanna get lost in the game! This feels like an event, and it's a pleasure to be with you guys......

lifa-cobex

Amazon UK here, no GTAV for me today :(

In my ~eight years of living here I've never, ever received a game before it's release day.

I always get games early from amazon. In-fact I got TLOU three days early. That was a good week.
Still waiting for the post so fingers crossed

ekim

Right guys I've installed both discs to HDD, deleted save game & started again but as soon as I get to a cutscene like barbershop etc game crashes, anyone else getting this?

Any idea's on a fix (360) crashed 4 times now.

ugh... now I'm worried. I also have a 3 year old Elite - I'll see this evening. (I won't install both discs though)

It is indeed and this is something that has annoyed me about retailers dispatching on the 16th and saying they will 'try their hardest' and 'endeavor' to get the game to you by release date when in fact they are relying on a system that has a 1-2 day delivery estimate.

Royal mail says they aim to deliver 93% of first class mail the next working day, going on previous experience I would guess its more like 80%. There are factors that can alter your chances though, an item entering the system in the morning has a far better chance of getting there next day than say an item entering the system in the late afternoon/evening.

I'm fairly confident in my tesco order coming tomorrow as they dispatched very early this morning, but we shall see.

Yeah it will come no doubt.

Wish there was some movement on my Amazon order, I know it was a Sunday but knowing my copy has been sitting in London for the past 36 hours is very frustrating, I just want it to get to the next sorting office.

SHADES

What kind of crash? Like it freezes?

I play the prologue & complete the 1st mission fine, then I either go to Simeon or the barbershop & as soon as the game enters a cut scene I get a crash & a notice saying the install maybe corrupted or I may need to change storage device.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I also read some people on here saying, the installation only takes about 10 minutes. You should manage to survive that.
Ah i'll be fine- just play something on the 3DS or Ipad.

Just bothered about the wait while it installs- it being that close but not quite. MGS4 was awful at that.

dyergram

So I didn't get my copy either from Shopto today...

What annoys me more is that they said they sent it on Saturday (Shipping e-mails and everything) which means 100% it should be here today, on the Monday.

So either they haven't sent it yet or they have told RM to not deliver it til Tuesday and both seem shady since they wouldn't have told customers that which leaves their customers wondering what the hell is going on.

I mean is it to much to ask for a little transparency?
Is it not possible that because they posted loads the Royal Mail take a bit longer also the said they sent out 3 batches? I'm gutted my shopto order hasn't arrived but I feel like its royal mails fault not shopto. Anyway as adults we don't get to feel this kind of excitement anymore I feel like a kid at Christmas right now so its hard to be mad.

spekkeh

Banned
Haha this hype is so weird. Everybody collectively forgot about GTAIV and all of a sudden wants to believe.

Would be interesting to analyze the cobtributing factors.

Hip Hop

Haha this hype is so weird. Everybody collectively forgot about GTAIV and all of a sudden wants to believe.

I never forgot about GTA IV. Played it on and off for 5 years and consider it one of the greatest games this gen. I'm sure GTA V will be easily top it.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
#Teamunproductiveatwork

stock-footage-lazy-carefree-caucasian-female-sitting-at-the-desk-and-playing-her-hair.jpg

Is it not possible that because they posted loads the Royal Mail take a bit longer also the said they sent out 3 batches? I'm gutted my shopto order hasn't arrived but I feel like its royal mails fault not shopto. Anyway as adults we don't get to feel this kind of excitement anymore I feel like a kid at Christmas right now so its hard to be mad.

Yeah you have to give RM the benefit of 1-2 days a last post on a Saturday and expecting it on Monday is a lot to ask with the sheer amount of orders from all the online retailers in the country!

If they dispatched on Friday we would all have our copies by now.

But they didn't so we will have it tomorrow, that extra day does wonders.

doby

I play the prologue & complete the 1st mission fine, then I either go to Simeon or the barbershop & as soon as the game enters a cut scene I get a crash & a notice saying the install maybe corrupted or I may need to change storage device.

If I were you i'd delete the installed data and reinstall, your save data shouldn't be affected as they are separate. Could be an error in the install or your hdd having bad sectors.

I'm honestly getting that feeling I used to have on Christmas Eve when I was a kid. Too excited for tomorrow to go to sleep, but if I don't go to sleep tomorrow will never come. And the internet age has made it so much worse, because now I'm seeing all these people who already had Christmas a day or two ago raving about how awesome it was :p

It is actually quite ridiculous. The first release trailer and then the inevitable delay that occurred, it did not even bother me once and I just went on with my life like nothing happened.

The last week has been oné huge GTA/GAF week without actually thinking about anything else other than work and GTA. It is like it took a hold on my inner child soul and kept feeding it the pain of having to wait a few days.

I could feel every single hour slowly creeping by, like watching an hourglass slowly depleting.

This has not happened since GTA San Andreas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom