• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
So I ordered my copy of GTAV before a day before the offer ended on the MS Store and I didn't get a code for the free MS Points....

AEREC

Haha this hype is so weird. Everybody collectively forgot about GTAIV and all of a sudden wants to believe.

Would be interesting to analyze the cobtributing factors.

The majority of people enjoyed GTA IV. Myself included...its one of my favorite games this gen.

Garibaldi

Got word from home that the post came and it's not here.

Oh well, I can go to the gym now. Normally go on Tuesdays but am going to swap it lol.

DAMN YOU, ROYAL MAIL.

If it doesn't come tomorrow, and that is a very real possibility, I am going to be rather displeased.

You and me both Mike. I just got a text to tell me the post has arrived. All that was in for me was the cable ties I ordered last week. Bloody cable ties! If it doesn't come tomorrow (ordered from GMG, regretting it now), I'm going straight to asda and picking it up after work.

hausaffe

Banned
mediamarkt in frankfurt (germany) is selling the standard edition for 50€, collectors edition for 80€. confirmed for nord-west-zentrum and borsig-allee.

had the collectors preordered but fuck that, dat 30€ difference.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
mediamarkt in frankfurt (germany) is selling the standard edition for 50€, collectors edition for 80€. confirmed for nord-west-zentrum and borsig-allee.

had the collectors preordered but fuck that, dat 30€ difference.

50€?? i paid 70€ for the fucking standard edition...

PS3:
di-9b030c53f678f34bbf5722318cc740e1.jpg

XBOX360:
di-a86173c21a407c67dddf3bdbc29ab09d.jpg

The PS3 version looks to have slightly less jaggies.

And the 360 version is missing some bushes! O_O

Still says dispatching now for me via Amazon UK. I think as long as it leaves brfore 6pm I should be fine for tomorrow. But I am getting a copy for my brother from Tesco tonight. Amazon only allows one copy per customer (of same platform; might be able to buy a PS3 and a 360 version but not 2 PS3 versions).

You and me both Mike. I just got a text to tell me the post has arrived. All that was in for me was the cable ties I ordered last week. Bloody cable ties! If it doesn't come tomorrow (ordered from GMG, regretting it now), I'm going straight to asda and picking it up after work.

Hah, gutted. Amazon Prime has been getting less and less reliable for me. Two things, including one I needed quite badly, didn't arrive in time (one got lost in transit and was almost a week late) so I initiated customer services chat and they gave me two free months.

Now something else hasn't come and if GTA doesn't come, there'll be hell to pay! I can't grumble yet as it's not officially out.

It does seem to me that it only happens with they use Royal Mail. Whenever they use UPS/TNT/etc, it's fine.

Banzai

Well damn. Hermes decided to bring my game to their hq somewhere far away because i wasnt there to accept the package. now ill have to wait two days before theyll try again. which still wont do anything because im just not home at those times.

goddamit just bring the package to our local post office like every other delivery service hermes.

DukeBobby

Still says dispatching now for me via Amazon UK. I think as long as it leaves brfore 6pm I should be fine for tomorrow. But I am getting a copy for my brother from Tesco tonight. Amazon only allows one copy per customer (of same platform; might be able to buy a PS3 and a 360 version but not 2 PS3 versions).

Yeah, mine's still dispatching soon, too. I'm hitting F5 like a madman.

Got word from home that the post came and it's not here.

Oh well, I can go to the gym now. Normally go on Tuesdays but am going to swap it lol.

DAMN YOU, ROYAL MAIL.

If it doesn't come tomorrow, and that is a very real possibility, I am going to be rather displeased.

Damn.

I haven't thought of that. I go on Tuesdays as well, I better go today and have the entire evening just for GTA tomorrow. I feel like an idiot now.

Does anyone know what the PS3 trigger situation is yet? Can you set the control layout to have accelerate and brake on L2 and R2 but aim and shoot with L1 and R1?

Dries

Uhm... WTF, we're posting screens now? I haven't got the game yet, I do consider this a spoiler...... I don't want to see anything yet.. With the comparison vid you have a choice of playing it, but screens are BAM in your face... Come on, guys.

Uhm... WTF, we're posting screens now? I haven't got the game yet, I do consider this a spoiler...... I don't want to see anything yet.. With the comparison vid you have a choice of playing it, but screens are BAM in your face... Come on, guys.

Stop being so melodramatic

For those of you who have played it, are we able to go in more buildings than previous games? What level of detail do they have?

I'm in the US. I read that Rockstar themselves said Monday, 3am, for US. Did they just cancel it or something?

Supposedly it was a mistake or something.

Frustrating but what can you do. I really hope 12 am est is correct now. If not, well whatever. As long as I can wake up tomorrow, very early, and play.

I kind of agree. We have been without in-game screenshots posting for a while now in this thread. Can we really not hold on for oné more day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom