• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz_RB

Does anyone know what the PS3 trigger situation is yet? Can you set the control layout to have accelerate and brake on L2 and R2 but aim and shoot with L1 and R1?

There are alternate controls, and I know you can at the very least fire with L1 R1.

I kind of agree. We have been without in-game screenshots posting for a while now in this thread. Can we really not hold on for oné more day?

While I do see where you guys are coming from, we're in a weird situation where it's already the 17th and people have the game in certain places in the world. Out of respect for those that don't, maybe we can just have links to images instead of images in the post, if people are bothered

hwy_61

Banned
Uhm... WTF, we're posting screens now? I haven't got the game yet, I do consider this a spoiler...... I don't want to see anything yet.. With the comparison vid you have a choice of playing it, but screens are BAM in your face... Come on, guys.

If you consider that a spoiler, I feel bad for you, son.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Uhm... WTF, we're posting screens now? I haven't got the game yet, I do consider this a spoiler...... I don't want to see anything yet.. With the comparison vid you have a choice of playing it, but screens are BAM in your face... Come on, guys.

Get out please, seriously.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
OK if we talk now about console comparison i might aswell post this here now too.

PS3:
di-31bf68af33adc6a2279ade06b0431660.jpg

XBOX360:
di-0d336908ca164703c61abdb582183015.jpg

PS3:
di-27e3b2f480bcce2ba20f7e99401f1026.jpg

XBOX360:
di-622016e8a39159a57f51c6d4e43856d9.jpg

PS3:
di-9b030c53f678f34bbf5722318cc740e1.jpg

XBOX360:
di-a86173c21a407c67dddf3bdbc29ab09d.jpg

Umm, no hair in 360 versions, hair in PS3 version?

I bought the US PSN version, its a lot cheaper than the EU, but that means I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to start an 18GB download :(

Not looking forward to that.

Dries

What has been spoilt? That Franklin has the ability to stand in a street? Although I agree, they should be links just to be on the safe side.

How the game will look in-game? That's really something I would like to experince first-hand on my TV when I play it for the first time myself. Not on my iPhone.

jwtsonga

Agreed with this guy. that screen is a spoiler of how good the graphics will be. The first time I see the game running WILL BE on my HDTV, not on some crappy phone camera pictures.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
While I agree with the over exaggeration Bish mentioned that official screenshots are the only one's allowed until September 17th.

Someone yesterday said the situation lightened up in here.

also people constantly asking which version is better you can decide for yourself now.

Your joke wasn't even that funny.

What joke?

Damn.

I haven't thought of that. I go on Tuesdays as well, I better go today and have the entire evening just for GTA tomorrow. I feel like an idiot now.

Ah, the problems we face.

I normally do nothing I plan to do on a Monday; too tired from work and the impending new week, so at least I'll have something to do...

Then crack open Kingdom Hearts HD because I know that ain't being played once I get GTA.

So i'm picking this up from my local Tesco at midnight, I've never been to a midnight lanuch at a Supermarket before usually go to Game but since moving the Supermarket is is about 5 minutes away. My question is is it worth getting there earlier or is there not usually that much of a queue?

dandoolan

So Amazon did send many copies early, but evidently RM held mine at my local depot since yesterday. So it's not here yet. But that's fine. I'm happy to get it tomorrow.

emotioncomplex

Neo Member
Just headed into town and put £5 down at GAME to reserve my copy for midnight, I was expecting them to have maxed out their stock but thought I'd try anyway. Glad I did as it seemed they had a lot delivered for launch.
Going to pick up the guide on the night too, I rarely use them during play but do enjoy having it to flick through from time to time.

10 & 1/2 hours to go. here's hoping work is busy today..

clock+watching.jpg

emotioncomplex

Neo Member
So i'm picking this up from my local Tesco at midnight, I've never been to a midnight lanuch at a Supermarket before usually go to Game but since moving the Supermarket is is about 5 minutes away. My question is is it worth getting there earlier or is there not usually that much of a queue?

I've not seen a GTA launch at a supermarket before but Call of Duty usually creates a que that spans the length of the ASDA near where I live.

I'd say to play it safe get their half hour early, not too soon so you're wasting time but just early enough so if there is a big que brewing you have put yourself a bit further ahead in it.

good luck!

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know what the PS3 trigger situation is yet? Can you set the control layout to have accelerate and brake on L2 and R2 but aim and shoot with L1 and R1?

I just checked and you can do this. Just select the 'Alternate' option under the Controls tab when you get your copy.

8500 mb install... fuuuuck

Have a 40Gig original, gonna have to dig deep when cleaning the fridge then...

I know that feel bro :/. So many pre-installed game data icons fell in the line duty in order to fit GTA V on there. Dragon Age 2 was the first to go.

Enco

Damn.

I haven't thought of that. I go on Tuesdays as well, I better go today and have the entire evening just for GTA tomorrow. I feel like an idiot now.
Gym day on any sort of a release is a no go.

Gotta adjust the time and get your priorities right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom